Chinese zoo builds amusement park for depressed panda

Depressed Panda Cheered Up With TV

How do you treat a depressed panda bear? If you're a zoo in China you build it an amusement park.

Yes, I'm serious.

This adorable giant panda had a hard time after her best friend left. She was moping around and not eating. So, zoo officials set up swings, monkey bars, and a climbing apparatus to try to cheer her up. They also set up a big flat screen tv that plays video of her and her bestie in the good old days when they were still together.

Apparently it's working, and the panda has perked up.

We happen to think she was faking it the whole time just to get some cool toys. And the zoo officials bought it. Suckers.

memaw7824 April 17 2014 at 5:01 AM

That's sad, glad she is feeling better, she needs her friend back or another friend.

foxylynx April 17 2014 at 8:05 PM

What's the good of all this, when one is alone - this panda needs a companion to enjoy panda life with.

aquariuso14 April 17 2014 at 10:05 PM

How dumb are these people? This adorable panda needs companions, just like humans do!.....If they can't be in the "wild" where they should be, at least do that!.....Toys and treats doesn't cut it!!!!!
Wake up!!!!

jaw51654 April 17 2014 at 5:57 PM

Animals grieve too, when will we get it?

sharon & beth April 17 2014 at 4:19 PM

Being an avid animal lover, I am thrilled they did this. People don't really realize that animals have feelings too and they will take it to extremes like this Panda was doing.

shindogdiggity88 April 17 2014 at 2:35 PM

I never really liked the idea of zoos, and every time I've been to one, I got depressed myself.

I understand the idea that zoos are supposed to allow you to see exotic wildlife that most people would never get to see in their lifetime, but personally I would rather see these animals be free in their own natural habitat than to be able to see them in person.

It's not right to throw these animals in a fancy prison all their lives (or even part of their lives) in order to provide entertainment for visitors and wealth for the owners.

pmrspnj2 April 17 2014 at 11:28 PM

evidence that clearly shows the animal around us we treat with such an insensitive manner have feelings as we do.
it is time to reconsider how we treat our pets and animals not pets.

lili April 17 2014 at 11:49 PM

I do not think television resolves depression. Although I think it might add to it. TV is not a good remedy.

nqs12 lili April 17 2014 at 11:54 PM

Your first four words say it. "I do not think"

dwtomczyk April 17 2014 at 1:26 PM

reruns of animal knngdom?

Tammy Pitzer April 17 2014 at 11:28 PM

You are making me smile with that story!

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal