Chinese zoo builds amusement park for depressed panda

Depressed Panda Cheered Up With TV

How do you treat a depressed panda bear? If you're a zoo in China you build it an amusement park.

Yes, I'm serious.

This adorable giant panda had a hard time after her best friend left. She was moping around and not eating. So, zoo officials set up swings, monkey bars, and a climbing apparatus to try to cheer her up. They also set up a big flat screen tv that plays video of her and her bestie in the good old days when they were still together.

Apparently it's working, and the panda has perked up.

We happen to think she was faking it the whole time just to get some cool toys. And the zoo officials bought it. Suckers.

memaw7824 April 17 2014 at 5:01 AM

That's sad, glad she is feeling better, she needs her friend back or another friend.

dwtomczyk April 17 2014 at 1:26 PM

reruns of animal knngdom?

jaw51654 April 17 2014 at 5:57 PM

Animals grieve too, when will we get it?

msladybug109 April 17 2014 at 12:49 PM

Animals are amazing, they do things just like people and have feelings just like people. their instincts are very strong even if they are indoors, like dogs and cats. I am so glad they did that for her.

Jeannette April 17 2014 at 12:43 PM

My Lab/Dane loves "Finding Nemo". He will bark at the TV to get me to put it on.

foxylynx April 17 2014 at 8:05 PM

What's the good of all this, when one is alone - this panda needs a companion to enjoy panda life with.

shindogdiggity88 April 17 2014 at 2:35 PM

I never really liked the idea of zoos, and every time I've been to one, I got depressed myself.

I understand the idea that zoos are supposed to allow you to see exotic wildlife that most people would never get to see in their lifetime, but personally I would rather see these animals be free in their own natural habitat than to be able to see them in person.

It's not right to throw these animals in a fancy prison all their lives (or even part of their lives) in order to provide entertainment for visitors and wealth for the owners.

VIPRLARES April 17 2014 at 9:25 AM

She needs conpany. I hope they find a friend for her. And I wish China starts changing their ways about all other animals, the way thet treat dogs are horrific.

aristocat101 April 17 2014 at 8:46 AM

That is sad she needs another friend at least they are being good to her unlike how they treat dogs and cats there, they dont seem to get it that they are pets not food, the chinese are so disgusting and inhuman

sharon & beth April 17 2014 at 4:19 PM

Being an avid animal lover, I am thrilled they did this. People don't really realize that animals have feelings too and they will take it to extremes like this Panda was doing.