Walker's brothers to help finish 'Fast & Furious'

NEW YORK (AP) - Paul Walker's brothers are stepping in to help finish filming on "Fast & Furious 7," the film Walker was in the midst of making when he died in November.

Caleb Walker and Cody Walker have been enlisted to complete their brother's action scenes and "fill in small gaps left in production," Universal Pictures said in a statement Tuesday on the film's Facebook page.

"Having them on set has made us feel that Paul is with us too," read the statement.

Production on "Fast & Furious 7" recently resumed after it was suspended following Walker's death.

The 40-year-old Walker died in a car crash on Nov. 30 outside Los Angeles along with his friend Roger Rodas. A police investigation found the Porsche that Rodas was driving was traveling up to 94 mph when it went out of control.

The release of "Fast & Furious 7" was delayed to April 2015 following Walker's death. The film, which is directed by James Wan and also stars Vin Diesel and Tyrese Gibson, has since been adjusted to incorporate the footage shot with Walker and give his character some kind of send-off.

"It will allow the character of Brian O'Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role," read the statement.

Joshua Falk April 15 2014 at 7:08 PM

It's sad to see him gone, he was the heart of the franchise

jesuaphn April 16 2014 at 12:42 AM

The franchise needs now to introduce a new character with a different story line. Just replacing him will be failure since we have all learned to like and associate with Paul's character.

scobykitty April 15 2014 at 11:42 PM

they really look alike,,,I just googled the brothers

dbzoorstt April 15 2014 at 11:16 PM

That's true love for this Brother...

GREG April 15 2014 at 10:31 PM

cool

paul1956.lopez April 15 2014 at 8:45 PM

to me.he best of best actor in fast car movies.number one actor in fast car .

big dave April 15 2014 at 8:37 PM

that is awesome that f&f goes on ...gig fan rest in peace paul walker , allways a car guy ...go doing what you loved .....

Welcome to AOL April 15 2014 at 7:46 PM

I really will and do miss Paul Walker, I grew up watching the Fast & Furious movies when I was young with my little brother, It was one of the movies he responded to and would sleep to while my parents where out of town. As we grew up I would buy a movie and then my little brother would by the next movie now we have all of them but Fast & Furious 7, It was truly a great movie series and I will miss it terribly. We both agreed to stand by the last film in dedication to Paul Walker his family and friends and the Cast. Paul could play any role or character they gave him and in the movie industry that is tough,I will remember you always and will continue to watch all Fast & Furious movies over and over again. Its touching his siblings are stepping up to the plate to continue his film legacy.

taylor.obryant0220 April 15 2014 at 7:41 PM

That's great. A great way to let his character live on. Paul was a great actor, and will forever be remembered as an all around amazing guy!

donbanf taylor.obryant0220 April 16 2014 at 12:17 AM

I recently watched "Hours", his film about a father trying to save his baby daughter in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. The disc included a PR thing for his charity, Reach Out Worldwide (roww.org) The movie role was a change of pace for Walker but he showed he could do a more dramatic character. I think you're right about him being an all around amazing guy, meaning he not only did these movies but obviously cared about others. To be a successful person like that and go to faraway places to help the poor and stricken--not that many do. I think a lot of his appeal is that not only was he good looking (which can only help if you want to be in movies) but that he projected a lot of sincerity, something that can't be faked, and it came through onscreen. The world did indeed lose a great guy.

garry.meneely April 15 2014 at 7:11 PM

great cast but the movie just wont be the same

cmcclarty garry.meneely April 15 2014 at 7:43 PM

The whole thing jumped the shark after the 2nd one.

donbanf garry.meneely April 16 2014 at 12:03 AM

I agree. Paul was a relative newcomer in the first Fast and Furious movie. Now, he's been in them so long, he's become the essence of a Fast and Furious movie. Hard to imagine them without him, though Tokyo Drift wasn't bad, just different. Isn't it funny how we all call him by first name like we knew him? I have often felt like I knew the guy, like he was a friend. That made it all the harder when he died. I decided to watch all the movies in order and recently finished the sixth and it dawned on me, wow, that's the last one he completed for real. Hopefully the seventh will be good but it will be sad, knowing he never really finished it.