MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell injured in car accident

Meet the Press: O'Donnell

Apr. 15, 2014 9:23 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) - MSNBC says its host Lawrence O'Donnell was injured with his brother Michael in a taxi accident Saturday while vacationing out of the country. The network didn't specify where the accident occurred.

The two were transported back to the United States - Lawrence to New York and Michael to Boston. They are both under the care of doctors and are expected to make a full recovery, the network said.

O'Donnell will be off the air for several weeks as he recuperates. MSNBC said Alex Wagner is scheduled to sub for him on "The Last Word" on Tuesday, with Ari Melber filling in Wednesday and Thursday.

A political analyst, journalist, writer and producer, O'Donnell has hosted "The Last Word" since 2010. It airs Mondays through Thursdays at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

jhuntlghlt April 15 2014 at 1:47 PM

Lawrence I hope you and your brother get well soon.

hensteeth April 15 2014 at 1:50 PM

A TV journalist is injured in an auto accident -- the perfect occasion for a bunch of mindless snipers to do their nasty thing (see below).

karathenut April 15 2014 at 12:17 PM

Politics aside, I wish he and his brother a speedy recovery
from a Tea party conservative

Beverly Doyle April 15 2014 at 2:20 PM

I can understand disagreeing with someone's point of view - even strongly - or disliking their on-air persona - even strongly. What I cannot understand is wishing that person ill - or even dead - just because you have a difference of opinion. What has happened to our society that this kin of vicious behavior is acceptable and prevalent? It makes me very sad.

msolare April 15 2014 at 4:26 PM

seriously-cannot-believe-people-today....
such-hatred....

jwm347 msolare April 15 2014 at 4:42 PM

I know, Shultz is a total hate moneger

dave April 15 2014 at 12:22 PM

There are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum. As a conservative I wish Lawrence well in his recovery. This has nothing to do with politics.

stans1026 April 15 2014 at 2:39 PM

I disagree with Lawrence 99% of the time. I think he purposely leaves out facts when it is convenient for him so as to make a point against the right when it serves his own agenda. However, he seems to be a bright man and I think a descent guy. I wish he and his brother both a speedy recovery.

flagag stans1026 April 15 2014 at 2:51 PM

how can he be a decent guy if his fudging the truth (also know as lying)?

NANA stans1026 April 15 2014 at 2:54 PM

Fox is the network that leaves out facts.

rscottmidd April 15 2014 at 5:26 PM

The contributors to this blog that have hateful and mean comments, are to be pitied for their sickness of spirit and of their lost compassion for another human being. As Jesus said " Forgive them Father for they know not what they do ". Unfortunately you do know what you do, but in your ignorance and lack of humanity, you have a sickness which will be your" cross to bear".
God bless Lawrence and I wish him a speedy recovery.

g23you2012 April 15 2014 at 2:39 PM

I am sorry to hear this. He is my favorite at MSNBC. I pray and hope he has a speedy recovery.

pjenglish41 April 15 2014 at 3:47 PM

For someone hurling about "ugly freaks" I notice that your picture is blank!! Also a spelling course would be helpful. Ignorance must be bliss for you!