Best of Duchess Kate's royal tour wardrobe: New Zealand
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge cut the 'flower ribbon' when they officially open the Visitor's Centre at the Botanical Gardens on April 14, 2014 in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Wearing: Luisa Spagnoli
- Earlier in the day, the Duke and Duchess faced off in a cricket match.
- She's such a good sport. And if you're not impressed by her playing cricket in heels, you're crazy!
- Even if she wasn't very good...?
- All William's fault (who was throwing the ball)!
On day 7 Kate and William had a busy day of engagements.
Wearing: Zara Blazer
- She wore her navy skinny pants and Stuart Weitzman wedges as she and William explored a vineyard.
- Earlier in the day they coached opposing rugby teams, and this time William won!
- Kate wore a comfy sweater and sneakers for the game.
That morning, Kate and William attended church, Kate in a stunning aqua Emilia Wickstead dress.
Wearing: Emilia Wickstead dress, Jane Taylor hat.
- So sweet!
On Day 6, it was a visit to a children's hospice and then a war memorial in Cambridge.
Wearing: Erdem coat
- And apparently William thought her coat was "a bit bright." Um rude?!
Kate and William arrived on Day 5 of the tour at Whenuapai RNZAF base to meet military families.
Wearing: Zara blazer, Me+Em top, Stuart Weitzman wedges
- Kate and William then faced off in a yacht race.
- And Kate came out victorious not once... but twice!
Kate's custom Jenny Packham evening dress had fern detailing -- a nod to New Zealand -- for the state reception at Government House on day 4 of the tour.
Wearing: Bespoke Jenny Packham
Black isn't a color Kate wears very often, but she looked lovely. So far, Kate has give nods to New Zealand with her fern brooch and this fern detailing, but hasn't worn a designer from the country. We're sure she will in due time!
After unveiling the Queen's portrait, William and Kate led a toast... with what looks a lot like water. Whoa, Singapore flashback. Cue the pregnancy rumor mill, once again!
Kate attends a wreath laying service at the War Memorial in Seymour Square on April 10, 2014 in Blenheim, New Zealand.
Wearing: Custom Alexander McQueen
- Kate looked lovely in cornflower blue.
- The Duke and Duchess together laid a wreath on the memorial.
- Kate and William then met veterans in Seymour Square, the Duchess smiling as she looked at a photograph with one veteran.
- Kate and William later walked around, meeting some of the more than 5,000 people who turned out for the public event. Naturally, Kate was drawn to the children!
- They went on to visit Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, and Prince William climbed into the cockpit of a WWI Sopwith Pup bi-plane, laughing with Kate.
Kate holds George during the little Prince's first "official" engagement - aka royally adorable playdate!
Wearing: Tory Burch
- Kate's dress is really pretty but let's be honest, George stole the show!
- True love! George looks madly in love with his mom.
The royal family arrives! On day 1, William and Kate stepped off the plane with little George in tow.
Wearing: Catherine Walker coat, Gina Foster hat
- George stole the show, for sure...
- ... but Mom Kate proved yet again that red is definitely her color!
Largely wearing bright, solid colors, the Duchess stuck to many of her favorite designers. We had expected she would wear more designers that hailed from New Zealand, but instead she chose to give a nod to the country by wearing a stunning fern brooch on multiple occasions, and having a dress custom-made by Jenny Packham for a state dinner with a fern embroidered on the shoulder.
She stunned day by day, from formal to casual outfits - and we can't wait to see what she wears in Australia! And what little George wears, of course. Who else is beyond pumped to see him bouncing along as they land in Sydney?
If you need a reminder...
Click through the gallery above for the best of Kate's royal tour wardrobe so far.