Applicants vying for 'world's toughest job' get heartwarming surprise

Applicants Vying for 'World's Toughest Job' Get Heartwarming Surprise

Job applicants vie for the 'world's toughest job' in a prank video where the surprise ending will warm your heart.

Cardstore posted a real job listing online for a "Director of Operations" position. The requirements for the position called for candidates to constantly be on their feet, constantly bend over, constantly exert yourself, exert a high level of stamina, with unlimited hours per week and no breaks.

The interviewer explained that it was really "so much more" than a typical gig. The job requires that someone must work "standing up, constantly on your feet, constantly bending over. Constantly exerting yourself. A high level of stamina." People could barely speak when he was done describing the "unlimited" hours a week -- "basically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no breaks available."

One applicant wondered if that was even legal, and he explained that you could "have lunch, but only when the associate is done eating their lunch." At this point, people decided that he was entirely crazy, and it was obvious that they were just waiting to log off. "That's almost cruel!," one woman said. "That's insane!" That's inhumane!"

People were told that if they "had a life, we'd ask you to give that life up. No vacations. In fact, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and holidays the work load is going to go up and we demand that -- with a happy disposition. No time to sleep."

Oh, and the salary? The position pays absolutely nothing.

Then, the interviewer explained that billions of people hold the position already: moms. At this point, people realized they'd been pranked ... but nobody seemed angry. In fact, one woman began to cry as she thought about the amazing work her own mom does.

Mom, if you're reading this -- thank you!

Check out the full video here:

Xiomara April 15 2014 at 3:15 PM

The best job in the world!!!

photomike042948 Xiomara April 15 2014 at 3:29 PM

Second best; being a dad is the exact same and at times better.

Steve April 15 2014 at 6:52 PM

Come on, what kind of dumb asses are these people! Mom's and Dad's are there for the kids but it's not such a bad deal! I know, I've been there. I'm still there for our kids, every day, every hour but we go for a week or more before hearing from them. The rewards are grandkids who amaze us with their talents and careing.

jspfarm April 15 2014 at 2:40 PM

Add to the job description they gave, "fighting for your life" and you have just described the job that those of us who served our country in the military (especially those of us who served in combat) had, and we still get little thanks for it, if fact there are those who consider the benefits we receive as "entitlements" and want to take them away.
But I also agree, Moms are the best!!!

truckers.wife April 15 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hmm not sure how I feel about this article. I was a stay-at-home mom for both of my kids and did not get a job outside of the home until they were both in school. When I stayed at home, my husband provided everything but denied me nothing. He provided for us our house, food, clothes, etc while I did the only fair thing: take care of the kids, keep the house clean and have dinner on the table every night that he was home. When he was home on the weekends, he did all of the yard work. Once we both started working outside the home, nothing changed except the duties were more school-oriented. I still kept the house cleaned and cooked the meals but we both contributed more money for vacations then a new car then upgrades on our house and better clothes for the kids. Both types of moms work hard and never get paid what society thinks is enough but is it ever really enough? I guess that depends on your priorities.

dustytuu April 15 2014 at 6:47 PM

I also raised a child alone. I did not live near to family so I had to pay for baby sitting so I could work. This is a hard working job, but very rewarding. Our kids are worth it.

longarmss April 15 2014 at 6:57 PM

many dads also do the same job. No one say thank you either.

murphs_mom April 15 2014 at 1:31 PM

And what's ridiculous is that if you're a mom who's been out of the workforce for more than a few months, employers won't touch you because they assume you're lazy, incapable of working, disorganized, and unwilling to compromise. Folks think this job stunt was cute, but I find it irksome. If they really want to give a nod to parents, try hiring some even if they've been unemployed for more than 3mo.

dwtomczyk April 15 2014 at 2:07 PM

my old boss (i'm retired) said i could make my own hours & have a flex schedule. he didnt care what 12 hours a day i worked.

J.J. April 15 2014 at 1:03 PM

it's not just moms...I'm a single DAD!!

peteskswisdom April 15 2014 at 2:31 PM

I estimate the Federal Government paid 12 million for this study.

Kate peteskswisdom April 15 2014 at 2:47 PM

It wasn't a study. It was a prank.

flysalot2 Kate April 15 2014 at 2:54 PM

Govt. study, prank, what's the difference?

Flag +1 rate up