Applicants vying for 'world's toughest job' get heartwarming surprise

Applicants Vying for 'World's Toughest Job' Get Heartwarming Surprise

Job applicants vie for the 'world's toughest job' in a prank video where the surprise ending will warm your heart.

Cardstore posted a real job listing online for a "Director of Operations" position. The requirements for the position called for candidates to constantly be on their feet, constantly bend over, constantly exert yourself, exert a high level of stamina, with unlimited hours per week and no breaks.

The interviewer explained that it was really "so much more" than a typical gig. The job requires that someone must work "standing up, constantly on your feet, constantly bending over. Constantly exerting yourself. A high level of stamina." People could barely speak when he was done describing the "unlimited" hours a week -- "basically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no breaks available."

One applicant wondered if that was even legal, and he explained that you could "have lunch, but only when the associate is done eating their lunch." At this point, people decided that he was entirely crazy, and it was obvious that they were just waiting to log off. "That's almost cruel!," one woman said. "That's insane!" That's inhumane!"

People were told that if they "had a life, we'd ask you to give that life up. No vacations. In fact, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and holidays the work load is going to go up and we demand that -- with a happy disposition. No time to sleep."

Oh, and the salary? The position pays absolutely nothing.

Then, the interviewer explained that billions of people hold the position already: moms. At this point, people realized they'd been pranked ... but nobody seemed angry. In fact, one woman began to cry as she thought about the amazing work her own mom does.

Mom, if you're reading this -- thank you!

Check out the full video here:

peteskswisdom April 15 2014 at 2:31 PM

I estimate the Federal Government paid 12 million for this study.

Kate peteskswisdom April 15 2014 at 2:47 PM

It wasn't a study. It was a prank.

flysalot2 Kate April 15 2014 at 2:54 PM

Govt. study, prank, what's the difference?

Flag +1 rate up
donnarun April 15 2014 at 7:00 PM

The most rewarding job on earth ( to me!)

oliverforlife April 16 2014 at 5:36 AM

What B.S, and I have 4 children

effinie April 16 2014 at 12:45 AM

Heart-warming and a reminder of what parenting is all about. I say parenting because it applies not just to us moms but to all those dads who've stepped up to the plate and did the job that needed to be done. A salute to all of you.

jspfarm April 15 2014 at 2:40 PM

Add to the job description they gave, "fighting for your life" and you have just described the job that those of us who served our country in the military (especially those of us who served in combat) had, and we still get little thanks for it, if fact there are those who consider the benefits we receive as "entitlements" and want to take them away.
But I also agree, Moms are the best!!!

Amanda April 16 2014 at 4:34 AM

You know, it seems that those who choose to be moms pretty much know what they are getting themselves into and are more organized about being a parent. That is a good thing!

But from what I have witnessed, those who don't play it safe and end up pregnant seem to think of it as a punishment and don't fully appreciate the motherhood (I'm not talking about rape cases though, I mean people who just don't care about the life of another human being)... OR... In some cases, people take advantage of it and use kids just for assistance from the government (yes, I have witnessed that and it is terrible I HATE it! A friend of mine actually tried to do that and it didn't work out for her.... But you know her kids are with their dad now and it is BETTER for them.)

So I really respect those who know what they are doing and appropriately parent their children!

blo2thehead April 16 2014 at 2:15 AM

Uncles get no respect.

Amanda blo2thehead April 16 2014 at 4:22 AM

Neither do cousins. My mom took my four cousins in a while back. I spend the most time with my four younger cousins and I feel so over looked and unappreciated a lot of the time.

Amanda April 16 2014 at 4:18 AM

Not all moms are amazing and not all moms actually work that hard... I have 4 cousins and their mom left them when the youngest was like 9 months old. Of course my uncle stepped in and I am amazingly surprised at that. Although he doesn't do an amazing job, he still did it and that's more than their mom ever did.

SO.... I'm saying anybody who actually portrays the life of a TRUE mother whether they are a father, uncle, aunt, cousin, etc. are amazing for taking on such a demanding job!

ellieleeps Amanda April 16 2014 at 4:44 AM

Those would be bad moms. The article wasn't talking about bad moms.

truckers.wife April 15 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hmm not sure how I feel about this article. I was a stay-at-home mom for both of my kids and did not get a job outside of the home until they were both in school. When I stayed at home, my husband provided everything but denied me nothing. He provided for us our house, food, clothes, etc while I did the only fair thing: take care of the kids, keep the house clean and have dinner on the table every night that he was home. When he was home on the weekends, he did all of the yard work. Once we both started working outside the home, nothing changed except the duties were more school-oriented. I still kept the house cleaned and cooked the meals but we both contributed more money for vacations then a new car then upgrades on our house and better clothes for the kids. Both types of moms work hard and never get paid what society thinks is enough but is it ever really enough? I guess that depends on your priorities.

Xiomara April 15 2014 at 3:15 PM

The best job in the world!!!

photomike042948 Xiomara April 15 2014 at 3:29 PM

Second best; being a dad is the exact same and at times better.