Flight attendant entertains passengers during safety check

Flight Attendant Entertains Passengers During Safety Check
If airplane flights make you tense, this Southwest Airlines attendant might be the perfect cure to lighten your mood.

The clever flight attendant, Marty Cobb, started off the safety instructions with a bang as she introduced the other attendants.

"If I can pretend to have your attention for just a few moments, my ex-husband, my new boyfriend and their divorce attorney are going to show you the safety features."

If that doesn't loosen you up, we're not sure what will! She might even be better than a lot of comedians out there - just listen to the roar of laughter!

"Everybody gets their very own teeny-weenie yellow Southwest bikini."

Her performance was so good, she even got a round of applause when she finished ... and our comedic approval. But this isn't the first time Southwest flight attendants have dazzled their passenger-audience.

In 2010, The Huffington Post gave us an overview of the six funniest Southwest flight attendants. These attendants delivered the safety instructions in a variety of ways.

The one truly became a YouTube sensation was David Holmes, who loved getting the audience involved.

"There ya go, keep that going. This is flight 372 on SWA. The flight attendants on board, servin' you today."

Woo! After all, when you have your audience strapped in to such a confined area, it would be weird if you didn't put on a show. Right?

Check out the entire hilarious video here:

Joe April 15 2014 at 12:20 PM

Now if the person reporting this episode would please shut up........geesh

happy2bgridfree April 15 2014 at 10:25 AM

I'd like to have heard more of the flight attendant's stand-up comedy and LESS of the "Newsy" talking head.

bigred8690 April 15 2014 at 10:00 AM

This is nothing compared to the stories told by stewardesses who worked for the major carriers in the 1960s like Pan Am and TWA.

gramargo bigred8690 April 15 2014 at 6:13 PM

I flew on Pan Am in the olden days, and going to Hawaii on that airline was great. I liked TWA as well, except for the time I flew crosscountry with three small children and my luggage went to San Francisco instead of Los Angeles! Luckily I could borrow clothes from my sister for a couple of days. They also loaded us first and put us into the forward compartment behind the cockpit and in front of the galley....such lovely privacy, and good treatment by the whole crew.
Haven't flown for a few years now, and doubt I'd really want to now, as a "little old lady" with some physical limits. Nice to look back on good trips, though.

Angel April 15 2014 at 9:50 AM

If you think this is great just listen to the Cebu Flight Attendants safety demo to the song by Mariah Carey..."All I Want For Christmas Is You"...You will love it...Cebu Airlines is the original carrier for the Philippines...Enjoy...

Janet April 15 2014 at 9:42 AM

On my last southwest trip I also had a male flight attendant who had the passengers in stitches. It definitely made for a more relaxed flight.

charryann48 April 15 2014 at 9:41 AM

Southwest is the only airlines I choose to fly. The flight attendants are always entertaining AND attentive. I've exprienced a stand up comedy routine more than once and it gets everyone laughing and more relaxed especially if they have flying woes. Not to mention their great prices, flying schedules and 2 bags free policy. Their new partner, Airtran, needs to takes some lessons.

dwdeborahwalker April 15 2014 at 9:35 AM

I have flown with South West-it was Christmas and one of the flight attendants sang Christmas carols-it was so nice. I think this is an under appreciated airline.

livimw April 15 2014 at 9:35 AM

love Southwest, use it many times......

Linda April 15 2014 at 10:01 PM

to funny

Cassie April 15 2014 at 9:31 AM

We recently to Southwest for the first time. I have been flying for quite some time and have never experienced such a great crew before. Talk about great personalities and making you laugh!! Southwest has now become the only airlines I will book in the future!! Thanks!!

World Series