Try on spring's boldest beauty look: The orange lip
Spring 2014 runways were full of fresh spring faces -- beautiful makeup and a lip color that was both pretty and prevalent. Variations of orange sailed down the catwalk, and I for one was super excited about it. Orange has long been a color that I adore for the face, both on cheeks and lips. Barley-there eyeliner, different shades of a bronze eye (depending on your skin tone) a few strokes of black mascara (not too heavy) and a swipe of orange lip color is an easy way to update your face for spring. So, here's what you do:
Always start with your skin. As the weather warms up, heavy foundations for day are something that most of us should push to the side. A good BB or CC Cream mixed with a small amount of illuminator will give you a fresh glow, allowing your skin to show through. Once your skin is evened out, follow these simple steps:
1. Lightly apply a bronze eyeshadow in either a cream or powder formula. You just want a washed look, not an opaque look.
2. Right at your lash line apply black eyeliner. Make sure to keep the line at your lash line. The point is to not look like you have black eyeliner on, but to rather look like you were born with it.
3. Move on to your cheeks. Use a cream bronze blush to give a dewy, not so made up makeup look. Ladies, this is great for those of use who cannot leave the house without a bit of facial contouring. I, for one, have the cheeks of a adolescent school girl who ate one to many fries, aka baby fat still lingers. No definition until I smile and as much as I want to, I cannot be expected to smile every minute of my life. The bronze cheek is basically a contour make simple. You can also follow up with a tiny bit of powder bronzer lightly dusted around the hairline, jawline and sides of your nose. Remember to blend these out.. nothing worse than a streaky face.
4. Apply a couple strokes of mascara. Remember, this is a daytime look. You don't want the mascara to be the focus.
5. Last, apply your orange or variation of orange lipstick. I like to apply a layer, then blot. Apply another layer, then blot. Kissing the back of your hand is also effective just in case there is no blotting tissue available.
For all the products you need to accompany your orange lip, click through the gallery.