Ohio judge orders man to hold 'I AM A BULLY!' sign

Judge Orders Ohio Man To Carry 'I'm A Bully' Sign

SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio (AP) - A judge has ordered a man convicted of harassing a neighbor and her disabled children to stand on a street corner with a sign that says he is a bully.

Municipal Court Judge Gayle Williams-Byers ordered 62-year-old Edmond Aviv to hold the sign for five hours Sunday. The sign reads: "I AM A BULLY! I pick on children that are disabled, and I am intolerant of those that are different from myself. My actions do not reflect an appreciation for the diverse South Euclid community that I live in."

The judge also said the sign's letters must be large enough for the average person to see from 25 feet away.

Aviv pleaded no contest in February to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and was sentenced last month, according to court records.

Aviv has feuded with his neighbor, Sandra Prugh, for the past 15 years. The most recent case stems from Aviv being annoyed at the smell coming from Prugh's dryer vent when she did laundry, according to court records. In retaliation, Aviv hooked up kerosene to a fan, which blew the smell onto Pugh's property, the records said.

Prugh has two adult adopted children with developmental disabilities, cerebral palsy and epilepsy; a husband with dementia; and a paralyzed son, the Plain Dealer of Cleveland reported.

Prugh said in a letter to the court that Aviv had called her an ethnic slur while she was holding her adopted black children, spit on her several times, regularly threw dog feces on her son's car windshield and once smeared feces on the family's wheelchair ramp.

"I am very concerned for the safety of our family," Prugh wrote in a letter to the court for Aviv's sentencing. She told the newspaper she just wants to live in peace.

The judge also ordered Aviv to serve 15 days in jail and undergo anger management classes and counseling. He also had to submit a court-ordered apology letter to Prugh.

"I want to express my sincere apology for acting irrationally towards your house and the safety of your children," Aviv wrote. "I understand my actions could have caused harm but at that time I was not really thinking about it."

Aviv's attorney, Scott Fierman, didn't immediately return a message left at his office Saturday.

bobmulley April 12 2014 at 7:22 PM

You go judge

pj512 April 13 2014 at 3:03 PM

I wonder if the woman ever tried to talk to the neighbor. It seems like, somewhere in that 15 years, some kind of positive communication should have taken place. I admit the guy sounds like the neighbor from hell, but did anybody ask him why he was doing the things he did? I mean, this has been going on for 15 years.

EKIKA April 12 2014 at 10:27 PM

You Have Major Issues , To Be So Disrepectful , Lucky I wasn't The Neighbor < You Wouldn't Get The drift !

yomkippur888 April 12 2014 at 10:33 PM

Be grateful people. In the Australian state of Queensland 4 years ago two high school students were released without conviction by the Supreme Court of that State (Australia's Mississippi Alabama 1963) for having forced an autistic teenage boy to eat dog feces. Their reason is that he stared at the female high school student on a train.

Its called Justice in these parts of Australia. When I migrated here from Israel I had a terrible complex because their TV and radio stations like their print media if not being totally condescending of Jews are such sychophants of Israel on he one hand whilst rubbishing Jews on the other.

Their ideas of justice come from their pre moulded views of other races. Be grateful for your judge in Ohio. Be grateful.

theyardguy07 yomkippur888 April 12 2014 at 10:57 PM

Is there an anchor tied to you ass<<<<<< move!

DOG April 12 2014 at 10:51 PM

good for the judge

leavesbound April 12 2014 at 11:01 PM

Good start. I would go further. Based on his history he needs to spend time in prison. I think a year ought to do it. Then I would have him carry this sign with him everywhere he goes in the prison. When he gets out he should have the sign printed on the side of his vehicle and he needs to wear a shirt with it printed on it everywhere he goes for life.

lesatlesa April 12 2014 at 11:13 PM

The Judge should have had it tatooed on the moron's forehead.

madlyfem April 12 2014 at 11:14 PM

If the smell coming from the dryer was bad because of the kind of washing she had to do, why didn't he offer to buy her new washing machine and dryer that would clean better and handle smells better? If I was in that position, that is what I would do. It sure would get me more cooperation.

Ray April 12 2014 at 11:16 PM

And there are volunteers who will hold another sign that says..."I'm a Bully's bully and I get my kicks kicking the crap out of bullies."

Trish Ray April 12 2014 at 11:39 PM

Ha if only....this would be great!

patrickliveshere April 12 2014 at 11:21 PM

99,9% of the time it is "Loser Big Kids" that feel they have to beat up on every one and every thing. Mainly because they are raised by their Super Alpha Male parents who are pissed at the world that they can't aways get everything by brute force. But... they are out there still.