Top 3 animal stories of the week

Top 3 Animal Stories Of The Week

Sometimes animals act a lot like humans. They ride the train, try to get out of going to bed ... and do yoga. Yoga? True story.

Our No. 3 pick goes to a rat that decided to take a ride on a New York subway train. As TIME puts it, some passengers "completely lose it" ... though others felt that a rat was better than a roach.

Our No. 2 pick is the cutest effort we've ever seen to avoid going to bed. A Upopin writer says while we've all seen kids try to get out of going to sleep, it's just that much better coming from a little bulldog.

After putting up that little fight to stay awake, the cute pup eventually dozes off. We've got to side with a writer for People who said it's best to listen to mom and just go to bed.

Let's go from adorable to flat out odd. Our No. 1 spot goes to animals doing yoga. Horses doing yoga.

Wow. Buzzfeed's headline sums up how I'm feeling right now: Uncomfortable.

So, The Huffington Post says this practice was created over 50 years ago in San Luis, Argentina and is used to help tame horses. Does it actually work? Well, that's still up in the air because no one is really sure if the horses are relaxed during it.

Thanks for watching our top 3 animal videos of the week.

Carolyn April 12 2014 at 6:58 AM

A rat on a NYC subway? How very odd...not! You see them on the tracks as you wait for a train, which I stopped doing years ago. Of course, I'm not a native New Yorker. I live in New Jersey where we deal with possums and raccoons. The dog video was adorable; maybe he's really saying, "Yes, mommy!" I personally don't like to see horses on their back, but I guess this one's OK.

suziebisback Carolyn April 12 2014 at 12:14 PM

Actually... it's dangerous to put that large an animal on its back. The weight on its heart and back is tremendous. UNCONSCIONABLE!

gracewalk1 April 12 2014 at 1:22 PM

I think the rat is purposely taunting these people!! LOL! Especially the guy who is screaming and crying!! LSHMSH!!!

Cristina April 12 2014 at 2:54 PM

Great video with the French Bulldog! Hahaha, so cute.

Catherine April 12 2014 at 11:07 PM

That little pup is the most adorable this I've seen in ages! Just wanna give him a hug!
BTW, if the bed was that uncomfortable he wouldn't have been able to fall asleep.
What a sweetie!

Marilyn April 12 2014 at 3:23 PM

I love the puppy he's so cute ,i could just hug him to death lol. but the horse no way.

vrf19977 April 12 2014 at 5:17 PM

The people on the subway are a bunch of flippin' idiots! You really think the rat is running around looking for someone to attack? It's looking desperately for a way OUT of that subway car, full of screaming, yelling, juvenile morons.

Squiffy April 12 2014 at 7:23 PM

That person knows nothing about horses and is abusing that animal. Horses will crush their own organs if down too long and don't breath well in that position. The roll onto the back and staying there may be very painful! I am suggesting that the Animal Control be sent this tape in the county where this is happening!

Evelyn Valerie April 12 2014 at 7:48 PM

Love animals......even a small rat who is more frightened than the stupid people....all it wanted to do was get off.

As for the horse.......I now nothing about what is healthy for them.....but I do know that people who do things like this are stupid.

Dona The Great! April 12 2014 at 8:10 PM

The ads are longer than the sum total of the videos. You're killing me.

TripleXKimberly April 12 2014 at 9:17 PM

That Pup is absolutely adorable! I would love to be the owner of that little guy. :)

mestranger2all TripleXKimberly April 12 2014 at 10:29 PM

I will stick with my Beagle now he is one smart cookie one day while needing let out to go potty I couldn't let him out cause I was doing the same. I guess he couldn't hold it and knew not to go in the house so he ran pass me jump in the bath tub and went potty I was impressed