Girl gets $20k for diamond found in Arkansas park

Okla. Teen Sells Diamond She Found For $20K

Posted: 04/11/2014 11:25 am EDT
Updated: 04/11/2014 1:59 pm EDT

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - An Oklahoma City girl has sold a 3.85-carat diamond she found at an Arkansas park for $20,000.

Tana Clymer told television station KWTV that she plans to use the money from the recent sale of the yellow diamond to help pay for college.

Tana found the diamond last October while hunting for gems with her family at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Ark. She says she couldn't believe her good luck and asked her father if she was dreaming.

The park is the only diamond-producing site in the U.S. that is open to the public. Other gems discovered at the state park include amethyst, garnet, peridot, jasper, agate, calcite, barite, and quartz.

The yellow diamond the teen found is teardrop-shaped and about the size of a jellybean.

© 2014 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED. Learn more about our PRIVACY POLICY andTERMS OF USE.

chuck April 11 2014 at 5:03 PM

i went there years ago. all i got was a sun burn LOL wtg lady

whitewrights April 11 2014 at 11:35 PM

you go girl...take the money and the PR and do the best you can at college, I am proud for you

nick9032 April 11 2014 at 11:09 PM

Sorry, I'm talking about (chevyle 33) and his indecent remarks. He has engaged in brutalizing a child. Even if it is by typing.

mpiastra April 11 2014 at 5:06 PM

lucky!

lthrnck68 April 11 2014 at 5:12 PM

Sawthis place on Cash & Treasures.

nick9032 April 11 2014 at 11:06 PM

It's my understanding that child molesters don't do so well once they find themselves in jail.

bighope78 April 11 2014 at 5:44 PM

You are so incredibly lucky. I am so glad to hear you are using the money for a good purpose. Twenty thousand dollars would be a life changing amount of money for my family. When I think of people that drop ten thousand dollars for a designer hand bag, I get physically ill. My family has lived off that amount of money for a year!!!!! Congratulations on your incredible find!!!!!!

ChingOW Mango April 11 2014 at 9:05 PM

Finally! A HAPPY STORY! Sometimes good things do happen to nice people! Get your degree Tana Clymer and make a HAPPY difference in the world!

Robert Lewis April 11 2014 at 8:59 PM

That's a pretty good number for that stone....good for her...all the best

uradoll2me April 11 2014 at 8:55 PM

I remember when she found it and I'm so happy she got what or near to what she should have.

World Series