'RHONY' Star Revisits Scene of Horrific Accident After 30 Years

'RHONY' Star Revisits Scene of Horrific Accident For First Time In 30 Years

On "The Real Housewives of New York," Aviva Drescher visited the scene of the accident that forever changed her life.

Out of the blue, Aviva got an email from her childhood friend, Becky Morgan, inviting her to her farm. It was at Becky's family farm that Aviva lost her leg when she was just 6 years old.

Aviva and Becky were playing on a barn cleaner when all of a sudden, Aviva got trapped in the machine and had to have her leg amputated. This was the first time Aviva was seeing Becky or the barn in more than 30 years.

"In my memory, this was a terrifying place. But in person, it was just a barn. This is, like, such a meek machine to have done such damage."

Aviva thanked Becky for saving her life that day ... and reflected more on her visit to the barn on "Watch What Happens Live."

"It was cathartic, difficult, it was, uh, it brought me back to the past. It was a very, very moving day," Aviva said.

Aviva told Star Magazine, her visit to the barn was just as much for Becky as it was for herself.

"I hadn't seen her in 36 years since the accident, and I sensed that she was absolutely riddled with guilt and pain over this day we had experienced together. I wanted to meet with her to take the weight off her shoulders, because I harbored absolutely no ill will. We were kids. Accidents happen."

cleo April 09 2014 at 5:12 PM

These real housewives shows have to go, they are all stupid, these are not real housewives in the real world. I do not watch these shows. these women are phony.

donahuepapad123 April 09 2014 at 1:11 PM

i lost both my legs in a train accident at 4 and half , thats almost 50 years ago , when they made my first set of legs they where made of wood ? thats why they used to call them wooden legs , now with all the new meterials the call the prostetics , ive seen and used all the upgrades in technology over the years and seen alot of changes in laws and public perception of people with prostetics ,i grew up got married , started a career ,bought a house had children ,now grandchildren , life goes on , you either push thru and move on ,or you can let it beat you and wollow in despair ? but not everybodys story is the same ,we are each different in our own way , as is an amputation ,some have more complications than others , ive got no regrets ive lived a full and somewhat exciting life and have been told more than once i should write a book ??? almost started one here ? lol, good luck to this young lady , remember , life is what you make of it ,stay strong ,and be true to yourself, acceptance of life on lifes terms is the key to serenity .......

PowellTreeCare donahuepapad123 April 09 2014 at 1:24 PM

donahue - that was very inspirational. Thank you. I am truly happy that you have lived such a wonderful, and full life.

It is confusing; however, that you choose to end almost every sentence with a question mark. I didn't initially read those sentences as questions, but as statements. I'm NOT nitpicking or being the grammar police, but how you choose to end a sentence reflects greatly on the intent and content of the meaning of your sentence. Are you sure of yourself and your comment, or is it all just a big question?

gina0318 donahuepapad123 April 09 2014 at 4:16 PM

well said, all the best to you!

maritza April 09 2014 at 3:30 PM

Shes a drama Queen. Dont worry. Rather read Cat in the Hat.

wlucas8743 April 09 2014 at 6:41 PM

I think all these reality shows are just bull sh^t. If it was a reality in the purest sense, you would see them going to the bathroom, scratching their butts, picking their noses. It's all made up hype.

english April 09 2014 at 4:36 PM

Tired of all housewive reality shows. All really miserable people. This is not real life. Take them all off the tv.

alspoolhall April 09 2014 at 1:45 PM

Why is that barn cleaner machine still there . . . can it still be turned on?

Frank G alspoolhall April 09 2014 at 3:41 PM

Yes, it still works, they turned it on during the episode.

THE ROCK April 09 2014 at 11:38 AM

SORRY , ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TOYOU, I lost my leg because of the HOSP. WORKER'S .
THEY FORGOT TO TURN ME OVER ONCE IN A WHILE ? . I FEEL THIS WAY IF GOD did not think we could stand what has happened to us, it would not have. GOD BLESS AND BUCK--UP.

suoconn6 April 09 2014 at 4:56 PM

b515 April 09 2014 at 6:52 PM

Never heard of her nor her show. And I feel good about that.

carolyncohen April 09 2014 at 10:40 AM