The trend report: High-shine metallics
Silver, gold, rose gold, bronze, dark blue, glimmering green...this season's metallics aren't messing around. In summers past, we've dabbled in the occasional gold gladiator sandal, but this season calls for way more than that. We're talking high-shine, high-shimmer, high-color, and pretty much, a high-voltage look all around. If you're worried about looking too gimmicky or space-agey, don't. Just take a look at the silver and gold pleats at Proenza Schouler and the ethereal, gold-tinged ruffles at Lanvin -- they're too pretty to pass up! To see how you can rock the high-shine metallic trend this spring, click through the gallery.
- Altuzarra Spring/Summer 2014
- Proenza Schouler Spring/Summer 2014
- Tory Burch Spring/Summer 2014
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring/Summer 2014
- Lanvin Spring/Summer 2014
- Cameron Diaz in Emilio Pucci at the Berlin premiere of The Other Woman.
- Lupita Nyong'o in Lanvin at the Los Angeles premiere of Non-Stop.
- Jennifer Connelly in a Louis Vuitton jacket at the Paris premiere of Noah.
- Jessica Pare in Antonio Berardi at the season 7 premiere of Mad Men.
- Sarah Jessica Parker in Diane von Furstenberg at at the 2014 DVF Awards in New York City.
- January Jones in Roksanda Ilincic at the season 7 premiere of Mad Men.
- Helena of Brooklyn Blonde wears a Rick Owens coat.