The 'good cop' pullover prank

Good Cop Pullover Prank

As part of Break's 'Pay It Forward' week, they pulled over random strangers and handed out $100 bills for positive behavior.

People were so stunned that they didn't know how to react. The first man pulled over was speechless after he was told he was being applauded for making "a complete stop, and you are a safe driver. Because of that, $100 for you, sir."

The next guy was "wearing a seat belt. I appreciate it. This is for you." That man could only say "really?!" and stare.

The third driver was "driving, not talking on [his phone.]" When he was handed his $100, he thanked the officer and drove away with a huge grin.

The woman below thought it was all a big joke. She almost didn't accept the money at first.

The reactions just get better and better!

The video, uploaded just after April Fools' Day, has already gotten over 2.5 million views.

Carol April 08 2014 at 10:54 AM

GREAT PRANK ONE OF THE BEST

majiemao April 08 2014 at 12:42 PM

I'm always willing to bet if all cops suddenly changed to this instead of tickets for bad drivers it might be more effective then tickets.

Sue April 08 2014 at 1:16 PM

This should be done more oftenm that way MORE PEOPLE will behave accordingly when they are behind the wheel!!

lov2elkhnt April 08 2014 at 1:21 PM

Crack me up! I love this story. Beats heck out of being screamed at, cussed at, and even sometimes shot at. Waytago U-Tube and AOL news.

Bill Jochimsen April 08 2014 at 1:37 PM

PRETTY GREAT THAT A POLICE OFFICER WOULD TAKE THE TIME, AND MONEY, TO DO SOMETHING NICE. WE ARE SO ACCUSTOMED TO EXPECTING THE WORST WHEN APPROACHED BY A POLICEMAN THAT THIS MAN'S EFFORTS DO A GREAT DEAL TOWARDS APPRECIATING THAT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE THERE CAN BE A REALLY POSITIVE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE POLICE AND THE PUBLIC.

georginaschaller Bill Jochimsen April 08 2014 at 2:41 PM

RIGHT BILL

I remeber once, after I had to put my mother into a nursing home, as I was driving home late at night I was crying and weaving around the dark road I was on.. A police car came out of nowhere and the policeman said I was driving dangerouslyl I explained why I was crying and he said he had gone through the same thing himself. Then he said "Come on - I will take you home". He then followed me all the way home and wished me good night.

PAT DEEL April 08 2014 at 1:54 PM

I think it was great!!! About time cops helped make a better name for themselves. Too many people think that cops are all bad and they are not. I applaud the cop!!

Dolly April 08 2014 at 2:17 PM

Wow I wish that police was in Hawaii. Many god drivers, but lots of bad drivers.

Hyde Park Apts. April 08 2014 at 2:24 PM

When will it happen in Chicago??

John April 08 2014 at 2:46 PM

How sad when reward and kindness are considered "jokes" or "pranks"...

usci1 April 08 2014 at 12:35 PM

A good way to get a safety message out to those who do not practice safe driving. Word of mouth advertising from the drivers rewarded is worth much more in additional WOM comments than the the mass media adds that are shown when people are sleeping or having dinner or at work.
Do the numbers and your jaw will drop.