'Catch A Contractor': Mistake leaves family in grave danger
Spike's 'Catch a Contractor' shows viewers the dangers of working with bad contractors -- and what a contractor named Myron did to the Wislocki family could've cost them their lives.
"The hood is way too high. It is not safe. It would never pass inspection."
"Range hoods don't just clear smoke from the kitchen - more importantly, they serve as a fire barrier between the stove and the cabinetry."
Yes, this hood was so high, it could've caused a fire.
The situation in the kitchen was so bad, the couple was forced to keep their food in their spare bedroom -- a room where their grandchildren used to spend the night. The show confronted Myron, but he had no apologies.
The family said they later found out this guy didn't even have a license. The Wislockis are now taking legal action.
Luckily, the show fixed their kitchen. They were blown away by the renovation ... of their renovation.
On Twitter, users thought it was a major improvement.
Unlicensed contractors are a pretty prevalent problem: 13 were just arrested in a sting in California.
The show advised to check online through your state and make sure your contractor is legit.