75 years of March Madness champions

Every spring the top college basketball teams vie for national greatness. Check out all of the NCAA men's championship winners since the tournament's creation in 1939... all in one place.

Check out the infographic below celebrating 75 years of March Madness champions!

Stay tuned to AOL.com for all the best March Madness video coverage, analysis, and the ultimate Mascot Pick 'Em game. And follow us on Twitter for even more up to the minute March Madness coverage, @AOL!

Click here to find out how you can enter to win a $200.00 Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate!

grkow April 07 2014 at 9:24 AM

KNIGHT was the last one to go wire to wire undefeated. 1976

Ruben April 07 2014 at 10:27 AM

go Kentucky

rdctwa April 07 2014 at 11:45 AM

GO WILDCATS!

English April 07 2014 at 6:30 PM

Funny, one program was on probation last year and the other one should be for recruiting violations, but since the one coach has been caught at every school he has been a coach at, he probably has learned how to beat the rules with out getting caught. That plus the fact the tournament is flawed this year because of the enforcement of the new rules that allows one player to drive the lane and then shoot free throws. I don't think there was one drive down the lane that was not called a foul. The result man of the better teams and their players spent much of the time on the bench because of foul trouble. Or the looking at a guard if he has the ball has drawn many fouls, while allowing the offensive player to push off with his arm and nothing being called. Far to much of this tournament has had the quality teams with quality players watch from the bench because of officials.

Pool Monkey English April 07 2014 at 7:53 PM

Totallyl agree. My favorite is that little 'move' that one of those brothers (maybe both) from Kentucky like to do where they use one arm to push off and the other to sweep the ball as far away from his body as possible. It's the $50 move with the $5 finish.

amiej63 English April 07 2014 at 8:53 PM

There were two teams on the court. Are you suggesting it played out one sided, when the teams you thought should have won, did not?

cvowels814 April 07 2014 at 6:25 PM

So everyone, including me, are so upset by the one and done. I am a UK fan. It seems that the blame for the one and done is put on the coach & recruiters. All coaches try to recruit the best players & Calipari is getting them. What is his other option? Recruiting good (not great) players who will stay more than 1 year, but having to likely have early-on losing season(s), hoping to keep his job until he can get them producing a good team. His coaching style and the tradition of basketballl at UK are drawing the hot players & the lure of big bucks are leading them early to the NBA. Who would not take a job for big bucks, doing something they are very good at and is also fun!
My view of the problem is that until the NCAA makes rules regarding players who leave after only 1 season, the problem is not going to change, and maybe get worse. That is not likely to happen. The NBA money is ruining the college basketball program and I doubt it will change as long as the NBA can bring the money in.

Pool Monkey cvowels814 April 07 2014 at 7:55 PM

Well, here is a novel idea. Since you ARE Kentucky, and have no problem filling those 5 or 5 scholarships with the best of the best...how bout you ONLY take the ones who are willing (in writing) to play at LEAST two years, otherwise there will be no offer? Naw...I know I know...which one of those McDonald's All American boyz is ever gonna honor that kind of a commitment>???

wpclpn April 07 2014 at 11:41 AM

As an NC State fan, for me 1983 was the most exciting NCAA Men's Tournament. The way Kentucky is playing right now kind of reminds me of the 1983 NC State team; I hope the Wildcats continue to play for the "big win" tonight.

west83jazz wpclpn April 07 2014 at 7:08 PM

As a UNC and Wolfpack fan, go Huskies beat those Cats. I also don't like Duke

FRED April 07 2014 at 6:01 PM

Since my Badgers fell 1 point short, I will be rooting for the Wildcats. They are special kids with great stories. Next year will be different though, Wisconsin over the Kentucky in the National Championship!!

Don FRED April 07 2014 at 6:29 PM

UK probably won't be there next year with all their team going pro...

Pool Monkey Don April 07 2014 at 7:58 PM

Why would that stop them? I'm sure the McDonald's All American bus will just pull up in Lexington with another bus full of what they are about to lose. Then they will lose 5-10 games trying to get used to playing with each other....then blaze through the tourney. Kind of annoying, isn't it?

Flag 0 rate up
Jerral April 07 2014 at 11:29 AM

Dale Barnstable played on the 1948 and 1949 Champion Teams (University of Kentucky as a member of the Fabulous Five.) He is 89 years old and will be watching KY win tonight!!!

myzebra777 April 07 2014 at 11:29 AM

I'm still in shock that UCONN beat Florida....but I do think Kentucky will be UCONN. Love March Madness!!

wpclpn myzebra777 April 07 2014 at 11:43 AM

I feel the same way that you do; I figured Florida would take it all.

mojo April 07 2014 at 4:24 PM

Anyone remember when the NIT was a bigger event than the Ncaa Tournament?

bwess8 mojo April 07 2014 at 5:06 PM

YEA that's when white guys use to play in the NBA right .

bxlou1101 bwess8 April 07 2014 at 5:32 PM

that's why the NBA put in the 3 point shot! (for the white guys)

Flag 0 rate up
waynebroman mojo April 07 2014 at 5:39 PM

I remember teams turning down the NCAA tournament to get more exposure playing in the NIT in New
York.