Nicole Brown Simpson's younger sister speaks out

Nicole Brown Simpson's Younger Sister Speaks Out
Nicole Brown Simpson's younger sister, Tanya Brown, spoke to Katie Couric about her depression, her relationship with O.J. Simpson and why she's now opening up about a difficult time in her life.

"I wasn't ready. I was a young 24. I was 18 going on 24. I wasn't ready I was a mess. I kind of plowed through my life. Life had to go on for me."

It's been two decades since the trial in which O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson. As you can see on CNN, the case dominated the headlines nationwide, but Tanya Brown stayed out of the limelight.

Brown explains what was going on in her life during the trial in her new book titled "Finding Peace Amid The Chaos: My Escape from Depression and Suicide."

Brown told Katie she went to the crime scene the day after her sister was murdered. She says she saw melted ice cream on the table and there was fingerprint dust everywhere, and she became overwhelmed and got sick.

Initially Brown says she didn't believe Simpson killed her sister because she always saw him as a warm and friendly family member.

But now she says, looking back, there were some big indicators that Simpson might have abused her sister.

She said Nicole would always wear sunglasses, even at night and passed up the opportunity to visit The White House because of a suspicious back injury.

As for Brown's book, you can find a copy on Amazon going for around $12.

WILLIAM April 07 2014 at 4:25 PM

Around 10:30, a neighbor who had been walking his dog(s) past the Bundy residence positioned himself across from the residence and heard hey,hey,hey, a male voice followed by two distinct male voices followed by a metal gate crashing noise, then silence except for the akita dog. Then he saw a look alike vehicle leave the bundy alley and turn south. Kinda fits??

zzyxx WILLIAM April 07 2014 at 4:56 PM

hummmm a ford bronco....speeding away toward oj/s ....his houseboy heard a thump on the outside wall and the killers glove was found outside that wall where the bump was heard with niclole and rons dna.....oj/s dna found all over the place.................so glad he is finally in jail where he should have been from the onset of this whole stalking business he was doing with nicole. he smashed her face in once we all know of so then he murders her and her friend. stay in jail simpson! and quit crying .

iafarmboy35 zzyxx April 07 2014 at 7:55 PM

Good sensible response.

Flag +1 rate up
afab35 April 07 2014 at 10:17 AM

The "signs"? He beat her to a bloody pulp on more than one occasion. The "signs" ? WTF

sherridl2004 April 07 2014 at 11:14 AM

This story always reminded me of the Cullen/Priscilla Davis travesty in TX.

WILLIAM April 07 2014 at 10:08 AM

It looks like he wanted to deliver flowers to his daughter but she said no. That may be what triggered a visit to Bundy at the same time Ron delivered the eye glasses. H'mmmmmm

alex91576 WILLIAM April 07 2014 at 10:25 AM

I believe the flowers were for Nicole not daughter!! After that all hell broke loose!!

WILLIAM alex91576 April 07 2014 at 11:28 AM

Not according to the statement given to the detectives the next day and remember Nicole gave flowers to sydney at the recital. 9 pm ('mommy cried") while talking to ???

Flag 0 rate up
mshapagurl14 April 07 2014 at 1:09 PM

Until some of you people have experienced a tragic loss like this, none of you should be speaking down about Nicole Brown Simpson. No one regardless of what line of work they do has a right to abuse another as well as taking the life of another. If you have nothing positive to comment and instead resort to bad mouthing the victim, then you need to shut the hell up.

bjredmond64 April 07 2014 at 9:57 AM

never doubted he was guilty. one of the dumbest trials i've ever seen.

jvmcfla@aim.com April 07 2014 at 9:56 AM

Although we may not agree to the fact that Tanya has put a book out there for sale we do not have to buy it! I am not going to judge as to why she is coming forward now... sometimes it takes years of self searching to heal and then you find that you are in the right place emotionally! My sister passed away from a terminal illness right after Nicole was murdered, my sister was thirty three, I am not comparing the deaths, any loss of a loved one is tragic but what I am saying is that it took me many years to be able to look back at my sister in hospice and to really think about all the wonderful memories I have of her, it is easy to push the most painful truths way, way back in our minds... a denial of sorts! I wish the Brown family peace in their hearts every single day! It is a terrible thing to live without closure after something so terrible happens like this, at least I had closure!

alex91576 jvmcfla@aim.com April 07 2014 at 10:31 AM

How the hell does on get closure when one loses a loved one I believe one comes to trems with they're loss!!

Rob April 07 2014 at 9:55 AM

I had a hard time with the thought of OJ being the one who killed his wife and the young man she was with. I didn't believe someone of his stature could do something like this. Now, I believe he's guilty and he should have been sentenced to the fullest extent the law allows.

blueeyessing April 07 2014 at 2:43 PM

"and there was fingerprint dust everywhere, and she became overwhelmed and got sick."

***************

I did not even know Nicole had a younger sister until now. Denise was the one always in the lime-light. I am also surprised there even was fingerprint dust since the LAPD totally botched the investigation and evidence gathering at the crime scene. A person off the street could have done a better job.....shameful.

blueeyessing blueeyessing April 07 2014 at 2:45 PM

"Brown told Katie she went to the crime scene the day after her sister was murdered. "

*********************

For instance, wasn't the day right after the murder a little soon for anybody to even have access to the crime scene?

hrajeepers blueeyessing April 07 2014 at 3:14 PM

Yes, but. . .
She is a brown, and it was her sister. She is broke and has written a book. . .
Get it now?

rjollierroger April 07 2014 at 9:23 AM

O. J. was found not guilty way back then, even with DNA expert saying, it was his DNA all over the crime scene without a doubt. Now wrongly convicted people are being turned out of prison all of the time, after DNA testing, (which was not available at the time of their crimes), is performed on any existing evidence from the crime they were convicted of. I will never forget the look of shock or surprise on O.J.'s own attorneys when the not guilty verdict was announced.