Bar Refaeli's bizarre facial & other weird celeb beauty routines
We've officially seen it all ... or have we? Bar Refaeli has taken the weird and unusual beauty routine to the next level. The Israeli supermodel, 28, posted a bizarre picture of herself on Instagram getting a liquid GOLD facial. The gooey, gold mess is pictured oozing down her gorgeous (hidden) face.
- The blood facial, known affectionately as a "Vampire Facial" involves drawing blood from the arm, and separating the platelets into a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) using a centrifuge. This plasma is then mixed with either Restylane or Juvederm, and injected into the face.
The expected benefits of the procedure are to stimulate collagen production, creating new skin, as well as removing fine lines & acne scars. The goal is younger, firmer-looking skin.
- Kim is one of many stars who have tried the blood facial, and though she said it was super painful, doctors say that it can be virtually painless (perhaps Kim played it up for the cameras?).
- Would you put placenta-infused cream on your face? This cream has extract of horse placenta, which is said to improve maturity of young cells, creation of collagen and growth of elastin. Click through to see what star swears by this type of facial.
- Eva Longoria is just one of many celebs who embrace the benefits of a placenta facial. The prices of this procedure vary greatly, with Victoria Beckham spending about 6 times the price of Eva's choice.
- Would you apply bee venom to your face? See which famous face is kept perfectly smooth by using a bee's venom to "sting" your face, fooling it and causing a rush of blood to the area, increasing the production of collagen and elastin.
- Kate Middleton took up this facial after seeing that the Duchess of Cornwall embraces its benefits. Now we see why her skin is always flawless!
- The caviar facial is a luxe moisturizing treatment, truly for the glamorous woman. The fish eggs have vitamins A and E, as well as other nutrients that are said to help improve the quality of skin. Guess who uses this treatment to keep her skin in tip-top shape?
- Never one to shy away from a luxurious (and interesting) treatment, Angie has been known to embrace the beauty benefits of these expensive eggs.
- Usually, when you see a poisonous snake, you run. But one of the latest developments in skin care is a snake venom-infused cream. It's apparently an anti-aging miracle, as it blocks neurotransmitters, reducing the face's ability to contract. But don't worry, it doesn't actually paralyze you! So who do you think puts a snake venom cream on her face?
- People's Most Beautiful woman has an interesting secret to getting her perfect skin. She has been known to use a cream (one of which is priced $385 for one bottle!) that literally shocks her face into tightening up.
It's unclear where the picture is taken or at what spa, but we do know that gold facials are thought to have anti-inflammatory and anti-acne benefits. In fact, gold is used in countless beauty products on the market today.
This isn't the first time Bar has posted photos of herself getting strange facials. In December she was seen getting a vampire facial, which involves injecting your own blood to stimulate collagen production. Even Kim Kardashian got into the vampire facial action posting a similar picture.
Bar and Kim aren't the only ones getting into the weird beauty craze. Check out the gallery above to see which star will spend thousands on caviar just to put it on her face!