Taylor Swift secretly visits kids in hospital

Taylor Swift Secretly Visits Kids in Hospital
Taylor Swift decided to surprise some kids at the Hasbro Children's Hospital in Rhode Island earlier this week. HLN has the details.

'Here she is with a boy in Providence, Rhode Island Monday. Swift showed up with her dad and she spent hours talking to the kids and sang for them.'

One of the kids Swift surprised was 9-year-old Nathan Cariker. His mom, Sandra, spoke to WJAR about the experience Monday.

'I couldn't believe it. I was so excited, so I got my camera ready. I got everything ready. And my son just looked at her, and I started crying. She was just very sweet. She even introduced herself as if we didn't know who she was.'

Check out a visit here:

HLN says Swift asked the hospital to keep the visit a secret, but the media soon got a hold of the story after hospital staff posted a few photos of Taylor singing to the kids on its Facebook page.

This isn't Swift's first trip to visit children in the hospital. Just last week she popped in to meet some young patients at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

E! reports Swift stayed and visited with the children for nearly five hours- even though she was only set to be there an hour. She even shared a secret with a patient named Shelby Huff.

TAYLOR: 'What's your name?'
SHELBY: 'Shelby.'
TAYLOR: 'Shelby, I'm Taylor. My parents actually almost named me Shelby. But then they realized my name would be She'll Be Swift. And that kids might make fun of me.'

That definitely got a giggle out of Shelby.

nickandjuliej April 03 2014 at 11:46 AM

If she doesn't wish to have media know, then why don't you respect that? Media is too intrusive anymore. We don't need to know EVERYTHING!

duey35 April 03 2014 at 10:57 AM

Good people, just are. They are all around you if you open your eyes.

alexis.quintana234 April 03 2014 at 10:52 AM

That's incredibly sweet

cjesmom3 April 03 2014 at 10:48 AM

How sweet. This is wonderful for the kids to lift their spirits to have visitors. She seems to have a big heart. That is a great example of kindness.

Jim April 03 2014 at 10:47 AM

Thanks Taylor - I know you realize how very much it means to the kids you visit. But, it means a great deal to those other children tha tlook up to you as well. And as a grandparent who sees such terrible behavior out of our entertainment industry, it means a great deal to me also. Stay you.

fer355s April 03 2014 at 10:45 AM

I love her she is what a true artist does.

Tyler April 03 2014 at 10:44 AM

God bless her,

terryirishkeats April 03 2014 at 10:43 AM

What a good person. God bless her!

jodi7488 April 03 2014 at 10:42 AM

I work at RI Hospital (Hasbro is part of the same building) and no one knew she was here until it was seen on Facebook - news usually travels fast about a celebrity being on campus but this was kept extremely quiet. Never have been a fan of hers because I am an older person but what she did changed my mind about her a little. She was not looking for the fanfare like some of the "celebrities" that vist the kids with the cameras and enrourage in tow, with advanced notice they will be here. I respect that she was very low-key and gave the time to the children staying in the hospital and not the media as so many others do.

jm April 03 2014 at 10:41 AM

This girl is a class act. She outgives all celebrities., millions!!!

World Series