Jeffrey Dahmer's Childhood Home For Sale

Jeffrey Dahmer's Childhood Home For Sale

BATH TWP., Ohio– Sitting on nearly two acres of beautifully-wooded property along West Bath Road with a pond, walking trails and scenic gardens sits a 2,100 square foot home that realtor Richard Lubinski believes is a real treasure.

"Nice open floor plan, granite countertops, Italian appliances. The yard is absolutely fabulous," said Lubinski.

Large picture windows light the spacious living room. A wood-burning fireplace is the centerpiece of a comfortable family room. The cozy bedroom has its own fireplace and from nearly every room of the ranch style home there is a breathtaking view across northern Summit County across the National Park.

The house has a lot to offer, including a history.

"It has a colorful past to say the least. It was actually the childhood home of Jeffrey Dahmer. It's actually the home where he committed his first murder," said Lubinski.

Dahmer moved into the home with his parents when he was 8 years old.

Not long after graduating from Revere High School, he took 18-year-old Steven Mark Hicks to the home where Hicks was killed and dismembered.

Dahmer later moved from the house, ultimately settling in Wisconsin where he killed most of his 17 victims over a time span of 13 years.

Lubinski is not afraid to disclose the history to any of his interested buyers.

"When somebody calls me on the property, before I even get into price, room sizes, anything, I just let them know that up front and half the people are done talking about it at that point and moving on and the other half. They don't care," said Lubinski.

The home was last sold in 2005 to a musician.

It was on the market in 2012 for more than $300,000 but it did not sell.

Lubinski, who was not the realtor at the time, believes the state of the housing market might have had something to do with that.

But he says the market has improved and there is a greater demand for homes now.

The home is back on the market with an asking price of $295,000.

Only serious buyers are being shown the property.

"The house is not a museum. We're not giving public tours," said Lubinski, who knows it remains a curiosity.

He has even recently done a segment with a Japanese television crew that came to Bath Township to see the home.

"The house didn't kill anybody so, it's still a nice house. It's in a fabulous location and you know mid-century modern is certainly a desirable house right now," said Lubinski, who believes that even though some people may be scared away by its history, to others it may make the home worth more.

rgkarasiewicz April 03 2014 at 8:14 AM

I think that this place would spoil anyone's appetite.

Tyler rgkarasiewicz April 03 2014 at 9:45 AM

Ok let the Ghost hunter TAPS go in there to see what is in there.more then one time.you know how Ghost have a way not showing there self at times lolol

Laurie April 03 2014 at 1:11 PM

If I lived in Ohio...and was in the market...I would consider this house. I love the seclusion and the open spaces! Of course, 300K is a bit out of my price range, but it's about the average price range for where I am living now.

cynoak April 03 2014 at 8:51 AM

Redecorate! That first bedroom picture is creepy. The black leather furniture definite invites in the curious. Open up the house as the home it could be bringing in the healing nature of the beautiful site.

Marrieah April 03 2014 at 8:51 AM

When I think about all the areas we walk on and pass that have once been killing fields, I can't help but think 'ghost' are figment of our imagination. I'm not going to dispute that some folks might actually see the things, and there might be some truth to a lingering spirit, but spirits don't really have substance, right. So how do they pick things up? I know what the movies and TV says, but....

chasrhudson April 03 2014 at 8:52 AM

Ya I would love to buy it maybe I would go nuts like Dalmer sleeping in his bed room LOL

Dan April 03 2014 at 8:53 AM

B-b-b-but the lot in Chicago/Norridge area where John Wayne Gacy's house was torn down was eventually sold and a new house has been built there! ☺

cayce58 April 03 2014 at 8:57 AM

Don't automatically discount the ghostly aspects. Touring a house with a realtor. I couldn't move the door in the center of the attic. Stuck on warped floor. Went through door and it slammed behind me. My fingers had just cleared the frame or it really would have been bad for them. Slick as can be, the realtor said, "must be a draft up here". Conclusion--realtors know. Lived in another place(upstairs apart.) where dishes would fly off the table and the wife constantly "dropped" things. Both of these locations could not keep renters. My son returned to the one with friends and the new owner lived downstairs and didn't rent. He had heard what sounded like walking upstairs but had given it no definition except standard house noises. My mother dabbled in the psychic so I read up a lot on it compared to the usual person. I'm a brick but my wife is what they call a sensitive. What is left behind from emotional trauma is called a psychic imprint. I only saw it in action one time. Thrift store-mother and sister and wife- mother to wife-"That chair would look good in your living room" Wife tried to sit in chair but it was like she had sat on a bed of needles. As soon as her rear hit the chair she leaped away. One motion-into chair and back up, completely turned around and looking at it. "I'm not buying that chair."

Shop April 03 2014 at 8:58 AM

Going to be hard to sell. Like the house in Amityville, this creeps people out

jaluty April 03 2014 at 1:18 PM

It needs a happy family to fill it's walls with new energies.

dltanner7 April 03 2014 at 10:21 AM

Stephen King contends through several of his horror books that evil can be transferred from humans to objects like houses. It is not as irrational as it sounds. Suspend rational thought for a moment and try and grasp how someone can become evil like Dahmer and possesion becomes a viable argument, especialy considering how completely unpredicatable humans can be. I try not be supertitious, but I don't think I would want to spend one night in that house. If nothing else maybe Hollywood can buy it and use as a backdrop for a really good horror flick.

World Series