Grandma, 61, wears makeup for the first time

A 61-Year-Old Grandmother Wears Makeup for the First Time
What would it be like to wear makeup for the first time at age 61? Rachael Ray helped a viewer give it a try. "I have not ever worn makeup, my mother didn't wear makeup, natural was the name of the game in my family," says retired schoolteacher Anita Booker. "I never saw the need to do it, not even for my wedding day!"

But since losing about 100 pounds, the Willingboro, N.J. grandmother is beginning to change her mind. Her husband, Harold, is also retired and she is eager for them to have a fresh start in this new stage of life.

"Our 41st anniversary is coming up very soon, it's time ... to enjoy each other more, and a part of that is going to include taking care of me," she says. "The makeup is just going to add another part of the glamor."

Ray introduces her to actress and salon owner Stephanie March, who recently opened a makeup salon called Rouge New York. She treats Anita to a new face, with tips for applying her mascara, eye makeup, and the rest.

The 'after' look is a welcome change for this woman. "I feel amazing!" says Anita. Thrilled with how it looks, she adds, "It's going to be me, only better!"

T-Deb Luv's Yah! April 05 2014 at 8:37 AM

Great look Anita... I always said that I would start wearing make up when I got older. Well 60 is this year and I'm going to enhance my beauty as well. :) "It's going to be me, also, only better! Enjoy your husband and enjoy your "Life". "Peace and Blessings".

compdreams April 05 2014 at 7:32 PM

This is wonderful. She (we) can do anything we want at any age. I am 68 yrs young and no one believes me. I say "if you have a son 49, you can't be 59". Age is our reminder that we are blessed and gifted to be waking up everyday. She looks great and didn't look bad before the makeup! She can make her life more fun!!

GERONIMO April 05 2014 at 12:54 PM

natural beaty is always best

pincurlz GERONIMO April 05 2014 at 6:31 PM

I smiled as I read your comment. When I was young, I thought I only looked ok if I had on stage girl makeup. I spent so much time in applying this goop every day. A number of men commented that I looked so much better without it. It took about 40 years before I gave up the habit. I can't recall the last time I had makeup on.

Frank April 05 2014 at 12:57 PM

You look MARVELOUS....Healthy is GOOD!!!! Enjoy life...

nleone6495 April 05 2014 at 1:07 PM

Really?? I guess if it makes her feel better, then it's a good thing. But, to me, she looks just as nice without the makeup. I know that's not the case with everyone, but for her.... she's lucky.

blueeyessing April 05 2014 at 7:26 PM

Gosh I think that Anita looked just fine without makeup before which most women can't say, and I love her glasses' frames on her. The touch of lip gloss is nice though.

Vicki Lynn April 05 2014 at 11:34 PM

Hey Mama, why fix what isn't broken? You are so pretty 'as-is'.. You are blessed with natural beauty!

Charlotte Vicki Lynn April 06 2014 at 12:14 AM

I agree completely!

Tom and Peggy April 05 2014 at 2:26 PM

I don't see any difference! Save you money you look exactly the same! Beautiful!

janka51 April 05 2014 at 7:03 PM

like its going to show up any , I can't any difference

gonz April 05 2014 at 3:17 PM

PEOPLE ARE SO LITTLE MINDED AND MEAN SPIRITED, IF SHE FEELS GOOD BE GLAD FOR HER, SHE LOOS GREAT EITHER WAY.sURE THIS ISN,T NEWS BUT ISN,T IT NICE BE SEE SOMEONE HAPPY FOR HERSELF.

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal