Kate in a fashion faux pas: wears the same outfit as another wedding guest!
Well, THAT's awkward...
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the wedding of Lucy Meade and Charlie Budgett.
- The Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attend their friend's wedding.
- Kate wore a black fascinator and gold chandelier earrings.
- The Duchess was wearing a coat by M Missoni's 2010 collection.
- Another guest wore the same coat! Ooooops.
- The happy couple, Lucy Meade and Charlie Budgett.
- Emilia Jardine-Paterson (Prince George's godmother) was also in attendance.
It's every woman's worst fear -- you show up to your senior prom, the big party, the film premiere, your friend's wedding -- wearing the same dress as someone else. It's literally a nightmare people have, a mild one of course, but this potentially happening wakes women from their slumber in horror. In all seriousness, it happens all the time. But can you imagine that other woman in your dress being the Duchess of Cambridge?
Kate, William and Harry attended the wedding of longtime friend Lucy Meade this weekend. Kate wore an M Missoni coat from 2010, a look we've seen a few times, and paired it with a black hat and black pumps. But this time another guest (in an unfortunate coincidence) wore the same coat! The guest is said to have gracefully laughed off the fact that she and Kate were wearing the same ensemble, and according to the Telegraph, the mother of the bride said they were "both 'absolutely fabulous'."
And honestly - we agree! It's a gorgeous coat, of course they both love it. We wouldn't be surprised if this happens more often for the future Queen, either. She's such a trendsetter that people rush to the stores the moment she steps out, and pieces Kate wears (especially affordable Zara necklaces...) sell out within minutes! Between her tendency to recycle her favorite pieces and shop at affordable "high street" brands, it was bound to happen sometime.
Harry and William were looking dapper as usual, matching Kate in suits with yellow and blue vests. Click through the gallery above for more photos from the wedding!