Going Greek: Is yogurt the ultimate beauty product?
Hydrating skin with bar soap may seem like a stretch, but Beecology My Big Fat Greek Juniper Honey & Yogurt Soap, $6, leaves skin smooth and soft. In addition to yogurt, shea butter is an active ingredient, as well as detoxifying juniper berry oil. This 100-percent natural soap is super mild, making it great for sensitive-skinned gals.
- Just like our guts, our skin has good and bad bacteria— and the probiotics in Bliss' 'No Zit Sherlock' Correcting Serum, $19, zap any zits, while glucosamine helps to fade post-pimple pigmentation and reduce redness.
Give your conditioning mask a break. OGX Smooth Hydration Argan Oil & Shea Butter Curl Enhancing Yogurt, $8, locks moisture into every single ringlet to create soft, springy locks that are anything but frizzy.
Related: 20 Superfoods For Weight Loss
- Great for sunburnt skin, Freeman Kiwi & Yogurt Moisturizing Facial Cleanser, $4, helps to exfoliate dead skin cells thanks to the lactic acid while reducing ruddiness and other signs of imperfections with zinc.
- Before you slather Eminence Organic Skincare Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturizer, $58, on your mug, make sure to check if you like its texture first: It's particularly thick, and is often best mixed with water first. Lactic acid in this rich cream unplug any dead skin cells, while the probiotics blast acne and prevent future breakouts.
- Long, hot showers can strip your skin of its natural moisture during the cold months of winter. Rehydrate with Dial's Nourishing Body Wash. The main ingredient, yogurt, will leave your body insanely soft and smooth.
- This lighter-than-air gel formula works to create a smooth, even canvas for makeup while leaving your skin with a dewy finish and helping makeup last for hours. Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer, $30.
More from SELF:
Drop Two Pounds in One Week!
Look Better Naked