Look of the week: Nina Dobrev rocks a hairstyle your inner-4th grader will love
Nina Dobrev attended the 2014 PaleyFest honoring The Vampire Diaries earlier this week, sporting a Michael Kors frock straight off the spring runway, along with a half-up, half-down hairstyle accessorized with a bow. Before we get into the whole hair bow thing, can we just take some credit for the fact that we totally called the resurgence of the half-up, half-down hairstyle trend? Yes, we know we rocked it in middle school, but we thought it was cute then, and hey -- Nina Dobrev is enough proof that it's still cute now.
- Kate Beckinsale's twist-y bun at the 2014 LACMA Art + Film Gala.
- Emma Stone attends the premiere of 'Birdman' during the New York Film Festival.
- Selena Gomez rocked a sleek bun at the 'Rudderless' premiere in Los Angeles.
- We're calling it now -- the middle-parted bob, like this one on Rose Byrne, is the going to be the hottest hair look of the season.
- Chloe Grace Moretz's swept-up, no frills bun at the Toronto International Film Festival this week.
- Gwen Stefani's straight and sleek midi bob at the Emmy Awards.
- Nina Dobrev's messy braid at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards.
- Julianne Hough arrives at the Los Angeles Premiere 'Let's Be Cops', sporting a platinum pixie bob.
- Jessica Alba's deep side part during the press tour for her new movie, 'Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For', during Comic-Con.
- Kate Bosworth's gorgeous braided updo at the Style Thief app launch at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
- Diane Kruger's double braid situation at the red carpet premiere of "The Bridge".
- Olivia Wilde at a movie premiere in NYC.
- Alessandra Ambrosio rocks a ponytail underneath her Panama hat at an amusement park in Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Lawrence stepped out in NYC with a grown-out pixie cut.
- Katie Holmes out and about in NYC -- with bangs!
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge shows off her ponytail during the royal tour in New Zealand.
- Kate Upton sports a sexy, voluminous updo at the UK Gala premiere of 'The Other Woman' in London.
- Nina Dobrev sports a hair bow at the 2014 PaleyFest.
- Emma Stone goes red again at The Amazing Spider-Man 2 photo call in Sydney, Australia.
Now, for the hair bow/ribbon thing going on. This is definitely a look we wore in say, elementary school, but we actually think Nina looks good here. It's a little messy for the red carpet, but PaleyFest isn't a super-dressed up affair anyway, so it was still cute and appropriate. We're not sure if we'll be following in her footsteps, but we're taking note of the hair bow and will be on the lookout for more celebs sporting the look. Click through the gallery to see more hair looks we love.