Little boy melts down when he discovers he's getting another sister

Little Boy Melts Down When He Discovers He's Getting Another Sister

Gunner was with his two sisters, Paisley and Harper, when they cut into a cake to learn the gender of the baby sibling they were expecting. If the cake's interior was pink, the family would know that they were expecting a girl. Blue would mean a boy was on the way.

Well, turns out the cake revealed Gunner and his siblings are getting a little ... sister. To say he was disappointed would be an understatement, and his parents posted his reaction in a YouTube video.

Poor Gunner. He said he wanted to be by himself in the midst of his hysterics and declared that another girl, probably also counting his mother, would just be "too much."

'It's another girl. I hate girls! Every time it's girl, girl, girl, girl!'

Gunner's sisters, Paisley and Harper, didn't seem to mind the announcement at all, but one WPTV anchor sympathized with the boy.

'I had four sisters before my brother came along, I sure know how he feels. Being a big brother, not easy, especially whenever you already have those two sisters.'

Well, Gunner. Maybe the fifth time will be the charm?

Check out the original video here:

CAMERON March 28 2014 at 3:56 PM

Yes I feel bad for him. Is gunner in the middle of his sisters.? It does not say. How old gunner is?

k1ford March 28 2014 at 10:18 PM

I feel so sorry for Gunner. Just a grandmother looking on from the outside without any idea what his home life is actually like; however, I bet most family life is geared toward "princesses". Parents need to enhance Gunner's little boy enjoyments of life and join him in his little boy loves of life. I have seen very few little boys who do not like Fireman Sam, Batman, Star Wars, Dori (yes, Dori), etc. Family, be involved and excited about all his fantacies and pretending. First, don't put a matching shirt on Gunner like his sister's shirt. Get him a shirt that his sisters will most likely hate. Now, get him a monster cake, Batman cake, etc., to celebrate the upcoming Baby Sister with a note that says "We are here to help you out with all these sisters -- we don't have to like them, but it is going to be our job to make sure they are safe and this is just between us, Gunner." I have a 16 yo granddaughter and a 5 yo grandson. I love each dearly and with all my heart. Hope Gunner has a bedroom that has all the things in it that he loves -- and the sisters hate -- wow, look at these bugs, monsters, Spiderman. Have you visited preschool lately? During school everyone is disallowing little boys from being boys, but after school while playing a few minutes in the school yard following school, little boys play joyfully being zombies and chasing the little girls to scare them (a few of the girls have decided they like being zombies). Ninety-nine percent of tears and drama comes from the precious little girls . Oh, well, Gunner, best wishes to you. (PS - don't get me wrong as I love little boys and little girls equally and would just reverse my suggestions if it were a little sister being distraught over "oh no. another boy!"

sugarcreekchile March 28 2014 at 10:16 PM

As the oldest of 4 girls, I wanted a brother, too. Instead, I kept getting sisters to get into my makeup, lose an earring so I no longer had a pair and ruin my clothes they'd borrow without permission. The little guy should look at the positive aspect of having sisters. When my best friend and her sister got a little brother, as the only boy, he was spoiled rotten. Little Ricky could do no wrong. Having all sisters could work to his advantage.

I don't think his parents should have posted his reaction on the web though. They may think it's cute now but stuff posted to the web doesn't die and leads to future embarrassment. I don't understand why some parents think they have to share everything with the world.

henrtny March 29 2014 at 7:02 AM

AOL, if you must run and ad before every news item, at least get some equipment that will play and get it done without all the stops and starts!!!!!!!!!!!

bebromana March 28 2014 at 9:49 PM

When I was born, you didn't find out the sex of the child until after giving birth. I'm the youngest of three children -- I have a sister and a brother. I have been told that when I was born, when my brother found out, he said, "Take that girl back to the hospital and trade it for a baby brother." And although we fought like cats and dogs as kids, we get along just great just now, so while the little guy is disappointed, he'll get over it. My brother just wanted a little brother to play with.

jacquiandcraig March 28 2014 at 9:43 PM

Seems the parents would have a little bit more respect for the boy and his feelings than to do that to him and then post it for the world to see.

bckari March 28 2014 at 3:37 PM

Hey Gun........give it ten years, you'll change your mind. Well. Sort of. You'll still hate girls, but it will take on a WHOLE NEW MEANING.

itp27 March 28 2014 at 2:32 PM

Aww Gunner, you are the KING of the castle, the ONE and ONLY KING. You never have to share your toys with a little brother who will mess everything up. One more thing little MAN. Youre da MAN . Each of you is special to your MOM and DAD for your own unique reasons but you are the ONE and ONLY SpeciaL BOY. You're the best BOY of all the GIRLS.

mcgrawnrh itp27 March 28 2014 at 2:55 PM

what soothing words.

debbikb itp27 March 28 2014 at 3:34 PM

Awwww Gunner, you're an obnoxious little brat who should have his butt smacked and never see another piece of cake in his life.

spock4777 March 28 2014 at 2:41 PM

I think perhaps the father might have said what he said in an attempt to comfort his son under the circumstances.

Sometimes a child finds it comforting to know that a parent or someone sympathizes with him or her in the situation they are in.

mcgrawnrh March 28 2014 at 2:53 PM

LOL it will only get worse when they are tween/teenagers!!!!