After 66 years, abandoned sisters reunite in California

After 66 Years, Abandoned Sisters Reunite in California
Karen Simpton, of Auburn, allowed KCRA 3 to come along as she reconnected with her sister, Anne, after 66 years. Anne flew to Northern California this month for a long-overdue reunion. As girls in 1948, Karen and Anne were abandoned by their parents -- along with three other siblings -- at an orphanage in Portland. After all this time, the sisters made contact through Internet searches and Facebook.

bonmorri March 28 2014 at 12:03 PM

That is just awesome. I went through something very similar a few years ago.

ladyawaits2 March 28 2014 at 7:24 PM

finally a NICE heart felt story......best of luck to these 2 sisters

Owen March 28 2014 at 7:25 PM

truly beautiful, I love these reunions!!

Salve Tutti! March 28 2014 at 7:36 PM

As an adoptee lucky enough to be left in a church for the nuns to find me (a rabbi later told me that Catholic churches were the only options for many a young Jewish girl, as synagogue's were closed all day, except on High Holy Days, where as Catholic churches were open most of the day with nuns and priests roaming about all day and an infant/newborn would typically be found very quickly, like me, though this is a guess, not fact, as the records in New York City are the MOST sealed and confidential in the US. They all benefit the biological parents and never the infants. Once closed, they are virtually impregnable. One must get a PI, involved, and that can cost up to $350.00 an hour…..,and the average PI has to work, if he is even successful, and you pay either way, about 50 hours to find the most minimal or information, or almost 18K. Hardly loose change. With so many children to be adopted in the US, and adoption, no matter where the baby comes from hardly matters…..It just makes me wonder why people go to Malawi and Botswana, etc…to adopt….except that it's 'la mode'….the fashion……to do so, when there are millions of kids here who simply want to be loved by parents, single, married, gay, straight, male, female, etc. Why? Also, why the resistance, solely due to sexual orientation, when there are so many who are simply seeking love and to love, in return. Why? That is not the issue, here. Am so happy for these women, who after a lifetime….now have each other (and Lifetime, TV for Fallopian Tubes…..thank you Jane Lynch aka Sue Sylvester or 'Glee' fame.) Again, so happy. As an adopted kid, I cold not even imagine getting a phone call, tonight, from a man or woman telling me that I am their brother and the flood of emotions that would overcome and electrify my systems. High hopes as for as many stories that I've heard, end happily, many end terribly. Resentments, anger, etc. but most just start off well, then disappear as quickly as they appeared. Again, so happy for these sisters and wish them all success and love and hope and peace. From one adopted kid, though much younger, to these adopted sisters, I WISH THEM A WONDERFUL AND JOYOUS TIME, TOGETHER.

bbludwiczak Salve Tutti! March 28 2014 at 9:10 PM

My heart goes out to you as an adoptee. Keep trying . I did and it paid off in the end. I was lucky enough to have siblings that scanned pictures and video. Although my birth mother died before I had a chance to meet her I was able to hear her voice. I can't ask for anything more. Hopefully the Lord will let me touch her in heaven.

kjasperkc March 28 2014 at 8:42 PM

What a wonderful story. Brings joy to the heart.

bbludwiczak March 28 2014 at 9:07 PM

I was lucky enough to meet my sister after 55 years. I am 60 years old. My mother terminated her rights after 14-15 days. I was adopted and never knew that I was the oldest of 4 siblings. I met my sister shortly after Christmas and yes there was an immediate bod. She and my brother-in-law stayed for 4 days. My husband and I are driving to Kentucky withing a few week and I will be able to spend time with my baby sister and meet my youngest brother for the first time. The joy I feel is unbelievable.

Brother Bob bbludwiczak March 28 2014 at 9:23 PM

Praise God this a great testimony

FIESTA & SIESTA March 28 2014 at 10:58 PM

God bless them - may the rest of their lives be filled with wonderful and happy days. Such a sad story with a happy ending.

hattie54 March 28 2014 at 11:14 PM

Anyone remember seeing the story of a woman trying to find her Mother in NYC in the 1980's?She was left on a subway but adopted by a nice family.

adika3z March 28 2014 at 11:29 PM

awwww 2 beautifully women are so happy reunion together again.
thank god.

ChingOW Mango March 29 2014 at 12:18 AM

Beautiful and happy story. I hope they all get to spend plenty of time together. Bittersweet is the word comes to mind. Enjoy every day of your lives ladies.

World Series