L'Wren scott leaves entire estate to Mick Jagger

NEW YORK (AP) -- L'Wren Scott has left her entire estate to longtime boyfriend and Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.

The Daily News says papers filed in Manhattan's Surrogate's Court on Wednesday estimated the value of the 49-year-old designer's personal estate at $9 million.

The filing said Scott's main asset was her Manhattan condo worth approximately $8 million. Other items included her jewelry, clothing, household furnishings and personal automobiles.

A small and private funeral service was held for Scott in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Scott committed suicide on March 17 in New York.

---
© 2014 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED. Learn more about our PRIVACY POLICY andTERMS OF USE.

carocarpenter March 27 2014 at 10:04 PM

I thought the whole point of killing herself was because she was 6 mil in debt....

iconkestrell carocarpenter March 27 2014 at 10:12 PM

I thought it was more like 8 million in the hole.

angela March 27 2014 at 4:21 PM

i dont get it, if her house was worth so much money (i understand she was depressed about her financial problems) why not sell her house and jewlery and cars and be alive today, it is not so bad not to have money, infact i think it is more liberating than struggle trying to make more money! it is sad, sad also that no one came to her rescue! what a waste of talent and beauty!

Angela Dawn angela March 27 2014 at 4:36 PM

I Agree Angela! And if her boyfriend Mick has so much money and it appears they'd been together for quite a while, why not just borrow it from him. No need to kill yourself over financial troubles when your boyfriend is worth over 100 Million Dollars. Has to be more to this story then what we are getting. Sad to think it tormented her so badly that she took her own life. :(

virgprit12 March 27 2014 at 4:20 PM

Why would she leave her estate to Jagger the philanderer? His affairs with women are enough to make any woman want to commit suicide, or kick his ass. Kicking butt is a lot healthier than killing yourself. My sister committed suicide. This act solves no problems.. all it does is hurt those left behind that love you, and deprive the suicidal of the longevity of the gift of life. I feel so sorry for this poor woman. along with those who truly loved her.

TiredSenior March 27 2014 at 4:20 PM

Like the missing jetliner and Gov Chris Christie's less than angelic media persona, this article leaves more questions than it answers. What does that figure of $9 million actually represent? Is it what her assets were after the millions of dollars worth of bills get satisfied, or does it not take into consideration her bills at all?

Did her alleged wealth and standing in society prevent friends - if she had them - from being concerned about her mental health? Were they too afraid to speak out if they did realize that something was amiss?

Ed, I agree with your comment.... after all, it was her money! She could have left it to the squirrels in her back yard!

I question too the early news items that suggested that Mick was breaking off with her and that was the motivation for the suicide. That is really too pat an answer. After all, many wonderful women have broken up with me over these past 6 decades, and I never got suicidal... There has to have been something else, or, in addition too, going on.

Then again... I 'm a run down old man who wouldn't have the energy these days to commit suicide... Nah, for me it will be death by neglect in a second class nursing home... I can see the writing on the wall... No really! I just used a magic marker and wrote it on the wall.....

Sherrie March 27 2014 at 4:19 PM

It is not about money....it is about heartbreak. The finances are a private and personal matter which I am sure is not on Mick's mind at this time. He just buried his love.....give him respect for his grief!

THE SHANKERS Sherrie March 27 2014 at 4:30 PM

You mean one of his lovers.

brenda March 27 2014 at 4:17 PM

You know what? I would like to see each of you post your entire REAL will on here for millions to scrutinize and judge. Oh wait, that would be ridiculous wouldn't it? Y would you put your private legal information on a public site for the world to see?!?!? Now imagine this happened to your loved one and they r dead and cannot defend their actions/choices. Grow up, fix YOUR imperfections before you judge others. Didn't your God teach all you hypocrites that??

fay38 brenda March 27 2014 at 4:20 PM

Wills are public documents once they are filed. You are welcome to read mine but you're going to have to wait a while.

THE SHANKERS fay38 March 27 2014 at 4:31 PM

Please hurry up ! Just kidding.

Flag +2 rate up
jay love fay38 March 27 2014 at 4:49 PM

I think Brenda is suggesting to all the know it all's who feel this woman should have left her money to the poor children of Africa, or the starving cats of Las Angeles, and also feel that her bf Mick should not be able to have anything she left to him, that all those people should post their own choices online, upfront, and now so that others may sit and judge their choices?? thats all we know wills, once filed are public documents.

Flag 0 rate up
THE SHANKERS brenda March 27 2014 at 4:47 PM

You can see my will. It has only a few sentences. Divide everything equally among all my children. Make sure Nothing goes for my Ex-wife.

Wayne A Lennox March 27 2014 at 4:17 PM

Some one was not listening.

Baracuda8 March 27 2014 at 4:16 PM

So sad but you can feel the love. R.I.P

aaflyboy1 March 27 2014 at 4:13 PM

OMG!
Enough about the money!
RIP sweetheart!

progstrat March 27 2014 at 9:57 PM

It would be wonderul to use a portion of her estate to set up some fashion scholarships in her name. It will be kind way to remember her for creative talents and artistry.