Woman looks 10 years younger after makeover

Woman Looks 10 Years Younger After Makeover
"Good Morning America" gave third-grade teacher Glynette Ford a new look Wednesday as part of the show's "Lose 10 Years in 60 Minutes" series.

Ford got the makeover because she said people thought she was much older than she really is. She told "Good Morning America" she was once mistaken for her own mother's mother.

"Good Morning America"'s Sara Haines took Ford's photo out on the street before the makeover and asked people how old they thought the 45-year-old was. One of them thought she was 70!

And it did seem as though the show's time machine took 10 years off Ford's appearance. She showed off her new look on Facebook with a post that said a 'wonderful group of professionals can do miracles.'

The big reveal surprised a lot of people on Twitter! One commenter said she wanted to take a trip in the time machine herself, and another said of Ford, 'she looks fantastic.'

"Good Morning America" says it was inundated with requests for makeovers after publishing a story on ABC's website asking applicants to share why they deserved to lose 10 years in 60 minutes. The goal is to help people who are mistaken for being older than they really are.

Clairole March 26 2014 at 3:09 PM

She looks great and she did not look 70 before! They must have asked 10 year olds out on the street.

suzannji2 Clairole March 26 2014 at 4:28 PM

She's a very pretty woman, certainly does not look 70 (really, what is the matter with people?) and would look perfectly fine with a little makeup, her hair trimmed and styled, and a smile. The hair extensions are glamourous and look good in sort of a Beverly Hills Housewife manner, but I would think rather high-maintenance to have to deal with every day. I am 68 but am told I look a lot younger. Good genes and a healthy lifestyle help, but I wouldn't be caught dead even going out to the grocery store without mascara and lip gloss.

mielkele suzannji2 March 26 2014 at 4:45 PM

Exactly! Wish I could give you more than 1 thumbs up.

Flag +1 rate up
Chickiepoo suzannji2 March 26 2014 at 5:29 PM

RE: your statement:
"... but I wouldn't be caught dead even going out to the grocery store without mascara and lip gloss. "

ME either and I'm 59.............mascara....lipstick....and cologne.

The ONLY time I don't even worry about THOSE......is when they're loading me into the back of an
AMBULANCE for a little ride to the hospital with a respiratory event. Those times you reaaaalllllly
just DON'T care what you look like......:))

Flag +1 rate up
SUZANNE March 26 2014 at 4:46 PM

who did they ask that said she looked 70 - a teenager? Some people have no concept of age. I think she looks very pretty but are those extensions? Who needs that aggravation? Not a school teacher.

cpruitt221 March 26 2014 at 4:42 PM

It is a great makeover, but she looks 10 years younger to me and I don't like the idea of adding a wig or whatever they did which is not her real hair-they could have done it with makeup and a new hair style.

serious.stuff cpruitt221 March 26 2014 at 4:54 PM

There are SO many women on thyroid medication. After seeing up close and personal what it has done to me for over 40 years and what it did to my poor sister after only three months (lost almost all her hair, stopped taking it, it grew back)....some of us NEED help here. So don't judge. And most women don't bother with makeup or hairstyle, and then wonder why the husband drools over someone who takes care. Full length mirror, anyone? To each woman...what ever works for YOU! I think she looks fine without, but wonderful with.

ozalot cpruitt221 March 26 2014 at 5:01 PM

It was most likely hair extension added to the hair.

mielkele ozalot March 26 2014 at 10:01 PM

You think? Actually they said that on GMA this am.

Flag +1 rate up
ambonding March 26 2014 at 6:01 PM

Great makeover. She may have looked older in the beginning, but not 70 for crying out loud. Women have to juggle so may responsibilities these days we often put ourselves last. Lets take this as a little lesson to treat ourselves to regular beauty parlor visits. When we look better we feel better.

chadman954 March 26 2014 at 6:59 PM

She is beautiful!

drydockx chadman954 March 26 2014 at 11:00 PM

Where is her husband?

Lovely Leo March 26 2014 at 4:55 PM

She definitely did not look 70 pre-makeover! I think she looked her age pre-makeover, so her mom must look really young!

Mary March 26 2014 at 3:53 PM

In the photo on the left, she is squinting her eyes and no make-up. In the photo on the right, she has make-up on and has a huge smile which widens her eyes. Amazing what a smile does for you.

justwoman62 Mary March 26 2014 at 4:28 PM

unless you have no teeth

evanasiam March 26 2014 at 5:55 PM

No way do I believe that someone actually mistook this woman's ae to be 70! Get real. The before photos look like a tired woman who was not into makeup and happy faces that day. THen the new hair d and the big smile.
Big deal.
We all look dofferent (better or worse) from time to time.
Been there
(Guys too!)

tankytucall March 26 2014 at 5:43 PM

I need to get in the time machine and stay in there an hour or two!

Natalie March 26 2014 at 3:38 PM

she looks great. See how someone who knows what they are doing can do? The eyes have it, just the right shadow and line can open your eyes wide as they did with hers. I AM 70.... and look it. I need as much help as I can get, from ANYONE that has this kind of talent.

Chickiepoo Natalie March 26 2014 at 5:14 PM

RE: your statement:
" I need as much help as I can get, from ANYONE that has this kind of talent. "

Me too Natalie.....ME TOOOO !!!!!

I'm 59 and ill health has done a number on me....THO....the really sad part IS.....that then they'd
have to find me somewhere to go to "show it off" !!!......LOL. There is NO where to go in this
little backwoods...backwards place I am currently trapped in.