What Malaysia Airlines is doing for MH370 families

Malaysian Airliner
Malaysia Airlines says it is providing comprehensive support for the families of the 239 people aboard Flight 370.

FOOD AND LODGING: Hotel, transportation, meals and other expenses have been provided for up to five family members per passenger since the flight disappeared March 8, and the airline intends to continue the support as long as families require it.

FINANCIAL HELP: The airline provided US$5,000 per passenger to the next of kin initially and will offer more payments as the search for the jetliner continues.

ROUND-THE-CLOCK CARE: It has assigned more than 700 caregivers - including two per family - to offer support and counseling to families on a 24-hour basis.

luckymrdave March 25 2014 at 3:10 PM

I am shocked that someone held a press conference and stated they were all dead at the bottom of the sea. No wreckage was found, No bodies, I would remain hopeful that someone hijacked the aircraft and 239 people are being held somewhere ~ a much nicer thought for the families.

sweet cherri luckymrdave March 25 2014 at 4:12 PM

YES......HIJACKED AND MAYBE TOTURED,BEING HELD WITH NO WATER OF FOOD.............MUCH NICER THOUGHT,,,,DAMN.

Richard March 25 2014 at 10:43 AM

Read the contract for passage. The obligatons of the airlline are set out clearly. Anyting that the airline does past the contract obligations is an act of charity or pubic relations.

thjwang2 March 25 2014 at 1:47 PM

Why all the pilot conversations still stored in the black box?Now a days , so much data storage is placed in the cloud. I wonder why Boeing not improve their data storage technigue to avoid this
expensive and very time consuming method of searching for the black box and the missing plane.

savannahswithgod March 25 2014 at 2:57 PM

Sounds decent I guess! Lawsuits on the way of course. And I would think somebody may not be getting a package if any thing other than live beings was sent. I just ordered some stuff from Amazon and it's coming from Malaysia? Tragic twisting end but most had to think it would come to that. Now to work to find the reasoning and try to prevent it from happening again soon. Those spirits of those on that plane move on, all of them.

boeschkp2 March 25 2014 at 10:21 AM

I lost my only sibling unexpectedly 18 months ago and it was the worst day of my life.
There is absolutely nothing the Malaysian airlines and/or government can do to make this any better for the grieving families.

teeveequeen boeschkp2 March 25 2014 at 10:30 AM

they can start by TELLING THE TRUTH ...

they are definitely COVERING up something ... just like Obama & Co. does to the USA every day !!!

plgc1964 teeveequeen March 25 2014 at 11:29 AM

First. You are an idiot. Second. What makes you think there is a cover up? Come on..tell us. Third. What does Obama have to do with this. and last. You're still an idiot.

Flag +3 rate up
gladymills1@aol. boeschkp2 March 25 2014 at 11:44 AM

airlines intention is not to make the pain go away but to help...its not about anyone or a company trying to get brownie points here ....its just so the people don't have to worry about money right now, it helps a pinch

okedoke01 March 25 2014 at 10:00 AM

How would you feel if some ahole put a mike in your face and ask you how you felt.

jijjhnsn okedoke01 March 25 2014 at 10:21 AM

Journalists around the world are now like their USA counterparts, they get in your face during time of anguish. Stake out you house for scoop.

Richard Ware okedoke01 March 25 2014 at 2:14 PM

If I'd lost someone like that I would tell them I feel like kicking some ASS!! Starting with you!!!

catdan311 March 25 2014 at 3:39 PM

Its all the batteries they had in the cargo section of the plane, when I heard about the batteries, I knew that was what caused the problem with the plane. Smoke overcame all of them and unfortunately they are in the Indian Ocean.

mimag471 March 25 2014 at 7:32 AM

MAY THEIR SOULS THAT DEPARTED REST IN PEACE WITH THE PEACE OF SOULS FOR THEIR FAMILY LOVED ONES THRU OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AMEN

tmcklori March 25 2014 at 12:24 PM

I think we should all drop the blame game, harsh words, and say a prayer for the souls of all the folks who died aboard flight 370 and another prayer for the families and friends who grieve for such a devistating loss. I commend the airline for being there for the families and offering the support they have. Why do we have see it as a promotional play for the airline and not a show of support and shared grief.God be with each person help them recover and then be able to share memories.

MORNING VERNON tmcklori March 25 2014 at 12:44 PM

agree

Richard Ware tmcklori March 25 2014 at 1:56 PM

People die everyday and if you don't pray for their relatives daily why pray for these? people are people and it doesn't matter if 1 or 5,000,000 die at a time they're still dead people...

So you think and you pray and let everyone else do their own thinking and praying etc. if they choose to do so, who are you to try and tell others what you think they should do what is your AUTHORITY are you the pope and if you are you can kiss where the sun don't shine!!

savannahswithgod Richard Ware March 25 2014 at 3:07 PM

My authority on 'pray how you want for what you want' is Lord Stratos, the Creator. Here in 2005. All that is dead is the vehicle of the occupant, the Lifeforce will be reincarnated.

Flag 0 rate up
bjsmith909 March 25 2014 at 9:26 AM

I can't understand why the families don't go home where they are with all of their family, neighbors and friends. Where they have the support of people who love them. The loved one they lost is not in Kuala Lumpur, or Beijing. If this whole operation takes months or more are these people going to stay in a hotel and expect a briefing each day about what is going on? I can't imagine what they are going through but I think I would want to be with familiar faces.

jijjhnsn bjsmith909 March 25 2014 at 10:27 AM

Frustrating but I agree with you.