The trend report: Pleats, please
We're finally getting into the warmer weather months, and while in the process of of storing our sweaters and salt-covered boots, we can't help but think back to some of September's runway trends for some new wardrobe inspiration.
- Vionnet Spring/Summer 2014
- Proenza Schouler Spring/Summer 2014
- Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2014
- Michael Kors Spring/Summer 2014
- Lupita Nyong'o in powder blue Prada at the 2014 Oscars.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar in Sachin and Babi at the 40th Annual People's Choice Awards in January.
- Lucy Hale in Tibi separates at the 2014 PaleyFest.
- Amy Adams in Juan Carlos Obando at the 25th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala.
- Helena of Brooklyn Blonde in a Zara skirt.
- Kat of With Love From Kat wearing an Alice + Olivia skirt.
- Chassity (left) of Look Linger Love.
- Anh of 9 to 5 Chic wearing Jones New York.
When it comes to skirts and dresses this season, you can bet we're coveting the pleat that showed up at Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors, and many more. After winter's heavy layered look, light and airy a la Lupita Nyong'o in pleated, powder blue Prada at the Oscars just feels like the way to go. Click through the gallery to see the full evolution of the trend -- from the runways and red carpet, to the bloggers, and the pieces you can shop right now.