Maria Menounos Explains Her Bizarre Laugh

The Crazy Life of Maria Menounos

Maria Menounos and her family sit down with AOL.com to reveal their crazy life living together on Oxygen's "Chasing Maria Menounos" and what's really behind Maria's notorious laugh!

She's the gorgeous co-host of "Extra" who once blew the lid off of "Dancing with the Stars". She's also been featured in People Magazine's "Most Beautiful" issue as well as countless lists touting her looks in men's magazines. Yet, you don't even have to see her pretty face to know she's in the same room because of her notorious laugh.

Anyone who knows the name Maria Menounos knows she's got a less than ordinary giggle. Whether it's the middle of one of her celebrity interviews or this interview with AOL.com's Brian Balthazar, you can count on Maria's laugh to spark attention of the masses.

The source of the laugh is unclear, but rumors that it may have started with a dolphin run-in are actually true! "I did trace it back to our first trip to Greece," says Menounos. "When I was ten years old, we went, we spent all this time, I think it might have been a month in the village where my dad is from...and I hung out with goats all the time! I was literally just playing with the goats in the backyard and I swear I got it from there. I also watched Flipper religiously so mix Flipper and the goat and then you get my laugh."

Maria's boyfriend of 16 years, Keven Undergaro, says that before Maria left to go big time in Hollywood, he told her the laugh was unique to her. "When I first met her people advised her: 'when you move to LA lose the laugh.' I said, 'No, Maria, when you move to LA, keep the laugh."

If you can imagine the sound of Flipper echoing through the halls of her home, imagine that mixed with the chaos of living with her parents! The 35-year-old lives with her boyfriend, her mother Litsa and her father, Costas. And the family tells AOL.com that they love catching up with their daughter and appearing on her new Oxygen reality show "Chasing Maria Menounos." But what they can't figure out is why she hasn't married Keven and had children.

Maria tells us she's on the fence about having children and getting married while juggling the entertainment show, reality show and book projects she's got going on. But we're sure to find out what's next for her if we can catch her on "Chasing Maria Menounos" Tuesdays at 10pm on Oxygen.

Buckingham's March 25 2014 at 9:07 PM

GORGEOUS girl!

canienaga March 26 2014 at 4:34 AM

It is funny that in our society the first question out of anyone's mouth to a woman who is over 21 is "when are you going to get married and have kids". That same question is not asked of the men. Whether they have lived together 16 months or 16 years, it is their business and no one elses. Whether they have kids or not, is nobody elses business.

Matt Dougherty canienaga March 26 2014 at 8:15 AM

My reply was always after getting a divorce was as soon as I can find a pretty Black women who will have Me! People thought I was WACKED LOL ! Then later it was where did you meet your wife (who is 23 yrs younger tham Me ) And I always say on Jerry Springer or in a trailer Park ! !!!! I'm lovin' it !

gailneuman March 25 2014 at 6:12 PM

I'm surprised her boyfriend has stayed with her all these years while saying no to getting married to him. I like her but think it's insulting to Kevin.

Jeff Gass March 26 2014 at 9:54 PM

Love watching Maria on Extra. She is such a professional. Had a chance to watch her taping of Extra at the Grove in LA and she was just as beautiful and professional in person as she is on TV!

dallas5100 March 26 2014 at 7:41 AM

AWFUL LAUGH.. LET GO OF YOUR CHILDHOOD..GROW UP.. BECOME A WOMEN.. YOUR STILL A MISGUIDED SPOILED BABY...YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND..

SeFreindlyguy March 26 2014 at 3:08 AM

maria, love your show, and i have to agree with you, its time to really think about rather you want kids
like you said on the show, your clock is ticking!!!
but the question is: Do you have time to take care of a little baby?
i am sure extra can make time for you, i am sure you could always ask mario lopez!!

BARBARA March 26 2014 at 2:13 AM

I absolutely love your laugh Maria, don't ever change a thing.

jpark377 March 25 2014 at 10:16 PM

This guy Kevin is excellent on Howard Stern. It's great to hear a great interviewer speak to someone who is so honest about an unusual "house husband" stuation.

Hello Ann! April 04 2014 at 11:37 AM

Pretty woman, silly laugh -- but she does have a bad rep with the staff at NBC who work with her. They've been quite vocal of her diva-like ways and entourage (her family +) who accompany her every day and her controlling boy friend. I guess that's why they didn't renew her contract on Extra.

deeperdarker March 26 2014 at 5:23 AM

Maria Menounos is a petty little vindictuve creature... so full of herself and her "fame"... such a feeble little flame, she is...