Yolanda Foster discusses illness on 'The Doctors'

Yolanda Foster Discusses Illness On 'The Doctors'

'The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' star Yolanda Foster recently appeared on the popular day time medical talk show 'The Doctors,' where she revealed the details of her fight for life after being diagnosed with Lyme disease.

Yolanda talks about the pain and suffering caused by her chronic illness, and explains how her husband, legendary musician and record producer David Foster, helped her during her darkest moments.

She described having difficulty reading, multitasking and even remembering how to write the alphabet. She also suffered from joint pain and chronic fatigue. "One night I woke up and said to my husband 'I feel like I almost passed to the other side,'" she recalled.

This emotional episode of 'The Doctors' airs Monday, March 24.

marty March 24 2014 at 2:26 PM

Bless her for bringing it to the public eye. My son has it and it has been a terrible disease...lost his eyesight temporarily, use of limbs, much much more including pain. It takes a specialist who does the right test to find it and treat it... I hope she will make it more in the public eye with how to find drs ec=tc.

hjluck March 24 2014 at 2:27 PM

I totally relate to what Yolanda went thru. First my wife had it and had to have 12 operations on her jaw joints. Finally had to replace with titanium joints. Still gets migraines constantly, years later...
As for myself, I first contacted Lyme in 2008. A person that was running 3 businesses, all of a sudden couldn't balance a check book or pay a bill. Frightening! Really... While driving, I would almost fall to sleep at the wheel... Couldn't follow you, because I would fall asleep at the light..

Fortunately I had a doctor who put me on a strong, long term protocol. I've had friends tell me that their doctors only put them on antibiotics for a week! Not good! If you do not fight this aggressively, it will take you out, just as Yolanda describes! It certainly helps to have someone around to help. ..

To my knowledge, it never completely goes away. I was one that had a relapse. Probably because I did not stop working and should have had a port put in to have intravenous medication. Most important- if you have any signs, go to your doctor right away. Also, even if the first test shows negative, have another test done. Unfortunately, I have found that they are not very accurate. There is a book out that helped me. The Top 10 Lyme Treatments.

A great idea to watch the show so you'll be more aware of the signs.

-HJ

dkubwny March 25 2014 at 1:16 AM

Whats the deal with all the rude comments. Lyme can be horrific, debilitating and extremely difficult to treat. Look it up and learn something about the bacteria that causes it and how difficult it is to kill. What a bunch of dumb clucks. Be grateful you don't have it instead of mocking an awful illness

Evelyn Valerie March 24 2014 at 7:55 PM

They're lovely people.....but how about telling us what the illness was. By the way,
the "get inside" is annoying.

Alice Evelyn Valerie March 24 2014 at 10:23 PM

Lyme disease

merrylund March 24 2014 at 6:55 PM

ozone therapy can cure limes disease.

girlfromcork March 24 2014 at 6:37 PM

I contracted it 20 years ago and was not diagnosed. I am so sorry as it is a often crippling disease if not caught in time.I hope you and others have health insurance and my only advice is to avoid all the charlatan 'specialists' who have jumped on the lyme disease bandwagon and won't even take any insurance. $1000 a visit is not unheard of and one particular Dr wanted to charge me $750 to test and extract the lyme DNA from my urine.Honestly be cautious, as one is so vulnerable when ill.I have it in my brain and now am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.Good luck to you!
The best thing that happened to me was when my money ran out and my health insurance was cancelled. It took me out of the ocean of sharks.

lo39 girlfromcork March 24 2014 at 10:43 PM

is it lyme disease ? Have gone through Dr wanting to remove gall bladder but when asked if it can grow back after removed he said no .I then said well what does it have to do with my symptoms . Dr said after he removes my gall bladder I will feel better and my symptoms will improve . so this is a new cure for lymes ,ms or my symptons ? He replied you will feel much better . I said maybe i will be dead to because my gall bladder has been out for 10 years what doc what r you going to take out .He said I am wrong he will go get my mri and show me .Needless to say he did not come back .Had another tell me I had brain tumor. Like you said till all insurance and money is gone all the so called Dr keep jumping on the band wagon. Would to ask more from u .What do you have in brain? why ms? what if any thing with eys? lo39 .

mageeha March 24 2014 at 6:22 PM

I just went through something similar where I felt so tired for no reason, was falling down and finally fell and hit my head causing damage that required hospitalization for a week. I have been told that I was combative during the ambulance pickup and several nights at the hospital. I have no personal memory of any of this, I just knew I was not home, they were not letting me go home, and everyone thought I was incorragable. Finally, I decided it was time for me to go home and I was not really interested in anyone else's opinion. I called a nurse, told them this revelation, and was finally put in my own room for the rest of the night. I was released later that day with some huffing and puffing from drs who could not understand why I was being difficult. Since I have been home, I have been healing every day. I am still not 100 % but feel better than any day in the hospital and there is no noise from people who do not belong in the general population of a hospital. There was one woman who worked there who was wonderful. Everyone else was difficult and arrogant. I still do not know what happened except that I fell. I guess that is just how it will be.

boogiewiz March 24 2014 at 4:51 PM

I like Ms. Foster and am curious if this illness makes you moody and disrespectful? It appeared this year she was so touchy about any incidence..

eaglephoenix2 March 24 2014 at 5:11 PM

She comes off too extreme one way or the other.

CDR_USN_1951 eaglephoenix2 March 24 2014 at 5:33 PM

Overlook that , She does present a terrific body - YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

BUZO JOE March 24 2014 at 4:39 PM

It's a nasty illness I contracted while stationed in CT. Woke up one morning shaking so violently that my body thought I was running. Imagine a fast run you can't stop; the exhauston is catching up with you; but there's no way to slow down because you're already sitting still. Luckily, I was diagnosed within 8 days of being bitten. It was actually too soon to test posiive for lyme disease. I was placed on antibiotics for three weeks and suffered only one long lasting side effect (that I know of) and have since rcovered from it. I feel sorry for those who are mis or undiagnosed. In my case the result would have been death.

1414019916889