Emmy Rossum can't bare being asked about nudity

Why It's Not Okay To Ask Emmy Rossum About Nudity!

"Shameless" star, Emmy Rossum, is totally okay with being nude on-screen. But she tells AOL.com's Brian Balthazar that she can't bare being asked about it!

As the wreckless Fiona Gallagher on Showtime's "Shameless" Emmy Rossum has done it all. The character not only plays matriarch to her siblings, she does cocaine, gets naked and is in trouble with the law! All that is AOK to Rossum but she tells AOL.com's Brian Balthazar that the one thing she's tired of is people asking her about is nudity!

"Who cares! There's so much more important things about the show than the fact that I show my boobs, " says Rossum. "America is so anti-nudity. You go to Europe and there's absolutely no guns, no violence really in their materials on television but all the women are topless and pubic hair and whatever. What is the big deal about nudity? I just don't get it. It's not violence, it's not offensive to anyone. I don't get it, it's the human body. We're all born naked."

While Rossum now seems born to play Fiona Gallagher, she reveals that because of her squeaky-clean image and one of her most famous musical roles, she was almost rejected!

"They didn't want to audition me," says Rossum. "I had to make my own audition tape and convince them to see me in person. They knew me from 'Phantom of the Opera' and that character's so unlike it... that doesn't always translate to 'she's gritty, she's raw, she's unafraid to be real and go to ugly places."

"Ugly places" like snorting cocaine on-screen that Rossum says isn't real cocaine (cue gasps)! "Milk powder..." Rossum reveals, "or vitamin D. They give you a choice. Do you want sorbitol, which is powdered sugar, or do you want maltitol which is powdered milk." When Balthazar asked her if she tried snorting the fake cocaine for the first time on camera she said, "Yes. I told them I'm only doing this twice per nostril." We're thinking that's probably wise.

Whatever you do, don't ask Emmy Rossum about nudity, but do watch her on "Shameless" Sunday nights on Showtime!

Martin March 22 2014 at 5:25 PM

Emmy is right abut the nudity and sim sex , its what the audience wants and it does not take away from her acting chops . She does a great job I watch all the time . Why should I be different from the other voyeurs out there . ?

Greg March 22 2014 at 7:10 PM

Luv luv luv that show!Hilarious at times and meaningfull andcan be sad.

sneakyp957 Greg March 22 2014 at 8:09 PM

I agree. She and every other actor on that show hit home runs every episode. Some of the best damn acting you will see anywhere.

Plus,her being nude is a bonus.

rodnsto4 March 22 2014 at 4:46 PM

Emmy and Macy make the show. Absolutely the best series on TV. I used to love Dexter. Still do. But since I began watching Shameless, all other series are seconce rate. What I think is great about Emmy is her expressive eyes. They say so much. Anyone notice there are 3 Emmys or Emmas in the credits?

ruckas356 rodnsto4 March 22 2014 at 5:08 PM

macy?

ruckas356 rodnsto4 March 22 2014 at 5:10 PM

oh william h macy.. got cha... as great as his character is the others have been stepping up

Walt ruckas356 March 22 2014 at 6:15 PM

WILLIAM H. MACE IS AS GOOD AS THERE IS, IN CHARATER ACTING, HE WAS INCREDIABLE IN FARGO AND IN THIS HE HAS SET THE BAR FOR EXCELLANCE.

Flag 0 rate up
ruckas356 March 22 2014 at 5:08 PM

it really is a great great show. each character brings something different. oh that gay kid mickey is frigging great, hsi attitude is bad ass. oh and he is the new michaelangolo in TMNT lmfao.. crazy

RANGER March 22 2014 at 5:35 PM

Good answer Emmy

antfern March 22 2014 at 5:47 PM

This is the first time I learned about her real name. I know her more as Fiona Gallagher. I like her, I think she is one the best actress of our time.

b515 March 22 2014 at 6:09 PM

Love it when these strong, self empowered women strut it because the scene is "essential' to the plot. Now tell us about that weight clause in your contract that you willingly sign. What phonies.

Walt March 22 2014 at 6:13 PM

I SEE A BEAUTIFUL INCREDIABLE ACTRESS, DOING WHAT THE PART CALLED FOR, THIS IS AN AMZING SERIES LIKE DEADWOOD, REALISTIC, AND SHE IS VERY SPECIAL.

LETS GO JETS!! March 23 2014 at 12:43 AM

What she said is so true. America seems to be okay with viewing drugs, violence, profanity etc. but the minute a boob pops out it's hide the children.

Lettybits March 22 2014 at 4:15 PM

Great show! Great acting. Love the plots. Never miss an episode! My favorite is Sheila and "Lip" could learn a lesson in humanity. He's no angel, either and he's too judgmental of a sister who sacrificed everything to raise his sorry butt. However, glad to see he made it to college. He's finally finding out that he's not the center of the universe!

grassolady Lettybits March 22 2014 at 4:35 PM

My favorite show, too! Wonder if this is the last season? Since William Macy probably will be "gone"...