Runner makes it through half marathon by taking selfies with cute guys

Runner Makes It Through Half Marathon by Taking Selfies with Cute Guys
Runners usually need some sort of motivation - maybe some upbeat music or the promise of a pair of new running shoes.

One woman, however, got a liiiiiittle more creative. "Good Morning America" has more on the story.

Kelly Roberts, 24, decided to take selfies with unsuspecting cute guys during the New York City marathon Sunday.

Roberts said when she'd spot a cute guy, she'd sprint ahead of him so she could snap a selfie.

'There are 13 selfies in all capturing men of all types mid-stride. And while they're all hilarious, Roberts says her favorite is of an older gentlemen in very short runner shorts,' 'GMA' reports.

The selfies made their debut on Roberts' Instagram page. People were loving them - some even said they were inspired to hunt during their next marathons as well.

Buzzfeed was also a fan. The outlet actually showed all the men Roberts snapped and gave them names such as "Hoodie Hottie" and "Neon Beanie Hottie."

But Canoe tweeted out a very good question ... "Creepy or funny?"

We're gonna go with funny.

abc5162 March 20 2014 at 1:51 PM

Hey I'm jealous! I did this race so why didn't she take my picture! lol

ripone4fun March 20 2014 at 8:03 AM

Hey great! Now I can do this next marathon! Take selfies of all the hot women, make funny faces just like her and have it be socially acceptable because she did it first. Beat all the women will be saying that's hilarious.

ripone4fun ripone4fun March 20 2014 at 8:03 AM

Bet*

ripone4fun ripone4fun March 20 2014 at 8:08 AM

And my next trick, I will sleep with all my female students that find me attractive, because hey, some female teachers seem to find that acceptable as well.

Flag +5 rate up
heidileap ripone4fun March 20 2014 at 8:15 AM

Exactly. Then they'll be calling you the Marathon Stalker.

dkand76 March 20 2014 at 10:36 AM

I've run quite a few half marathons and I can tell you when you get to the ten or eleven mile marker, you need just about anything you can think of to take your mind off of the pain and exhaustion. I've never done selfies, though.

Wendie March 20 2014 at 10:23 AM

Get a life, girl.

sosafong Wendie March 20 2014 at 10:48 AM

Lost your humor Wendie?

ssteve3844 March 20 2014 at 6:56 PM

WHY?????????

Mike March 20 2014 at 10:41 AM

Creepy AND obnoxious. You twits can take all the "selfies" of yourselves you wish. Have at it, narcissists. But, strangers might want to protect their privacy. Whatever reason --- It's their right, and you should have their permission before you commit them to instagram or any other stupid little internet site.

Let's turn it around, say. I'm gonna sneak around and take pictures of women. Let's say, they're. oh, I dunno, gotta be public, doing their laundry. I'm gonna post it on the internet and call it "Dirty Girls Trying to Get Clean."

Funny?

normde March 20 2014 at 6:36 PM

Now this is funny. I reckon haters will be haters no matter what the subject.

Beth normde March 20 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hell yes absolutely hysterical. Anyone that think this lady isnt so cute snapping selfies of herself with cute guys in the background has serious issues and needs tissues. Normde I'm a lover btw lol

roborose2005 March 20 2014 at 11:00 AM

Creepy isn't the only word I have for runners. Sorry, it's not about all of them, but there are many who give them all a bad name, and it gets worse every day. I'm talking about the ones who run on pedestrian sidewalks, against the traffic, expecting everyone to get out of their way. Recently, as I was walking my dog on Madison Avenue, at the curb, one woman came running toward me and started yelling for me to get out of her way! She pushed me as she passed and if it weren't for a tree nearby, I would have had a bad fall.

At first, they had the path around the Reservoir, then they took over the bridle path, the Central Park transverse is closed to traffic all day for them. Why isn't that isn't enough?

Now they've started running around the Great Lawn, even in the morning before 9AM when dogs are allowed off leash. They even have the nerve to get annoyed if a dog gets in their way. GRRRRR

Hey Road Runners: I know they're not all members, but maybe it's time to put out the word that maybe there are other people in the world who have other things to be obsessed about -- their safety and pleasure in enjoying this great city that doesn't necessarily involve you.

Sol Henderson March 20 2014 at 10:00 AM

Yep, the "selfies" and the running and the "story of life". That's what it's all about. How cute, cute cute

fspringer March 20 2014 at 12:36 PM

This is considered news worthy?????