Customer pays for couple's meal, receives kind note from server

Customer Pays for Elderly Couple's Meal, Receives Kind Note from Server

Sometimes all you need is a little kindness -- and a customer at a Mimi's Cafe in California was trying to spread a bit more of it.

An act of kindness truly touched an elderly couple in California. While dining at the cafe, a stranger took care of their $30 check.

That stranger was Kirsten Kinzle, and to Kinzle's surprise, she then received a note from a waitress acknowledging the act of kindness.

The waitress, Stephanie Miller, wrote this message saying what Kinzle did was amazing. Turns out the older man had just lost his brother. Kinzle told Victor Valley News she cried when she received the note.

'You just see people sometimes that just look like a great couple, like they really love each other ... I just hope it made them a moment happy with that amount of sadness.'

It was an emotional day for the server, too. A year ago that day, someone close to Miller had also passed away. Her note is now going viral, receiving nearly 1,000 likes on Facebook.

Kinzle said she picked up the tab because she was afraid her loud party at the cafe was ruining the couple's breakfast. Little did she know, her small gesture would mean much more.

tinpat March 19 2014 at 9:54 PM

It is a beautiful thing all the way around for everybody when an act of kindness is extended. Keep up the good work and if you aren't participating in this....then start...now!

wstarhopper March 19 2014 at 2:46 PM

It is so great to hear of stories like this.

tsr5112 wstarhopper March 19 2014 at 3:15 PM

Yes and people that pay it forward, and DON'T post it on the internet are just plain morons. Needlessly shunning any kind of spotlight. What rubes.

pasilv March 19 2014 at 2:34 PM

There are many ways to give back. Two years ago my rheumatologist noticed some of my numbers from a blood test didn't look right and suggested I see an oncologist. I was subsequently diagnosed with kidney cancer. I am now two years free of cancer. I wrote a letter to my rheumatologist thanking her for her diligence and saving my life. She called me in tears the next day because no one had ever taken the time or effort to express their gratitude toward her in all her years of practice.

On another occasion I was scouting senior living accommodations fro my mother at a nearby facility. The residents allowed me to see their living spaces during my visit. I subsequently brought each a flower arrangement to thank thenm for their kindness. The next day the director of the facility called me to thank me for being so concientious. I was the first to ever give a little back.

It doesn't take much.

Deborah March 19 2014 at 1:58 PM

This just reiterates the "Pay It Forward" concept and helps us to hang to hope for mankind...

smmcjunkin March 19 2014 at 12:54 PM

This is GREAT!! from both the giver & the watress. We need more kind people & more Good News reported

howdee88 March 19 2014 at 12:50 PM

my wife and i were out for dinner and a young down"s couple were eating next to us. when the check came for them i saw then counting up their change and told the waitress to accept whatever they had and i would make up the difference with tip. just made me feel good to do something quietly and move on. puts a smile on your soul

pruettee March 19 2014 at 12:48 PM

My dinner was paid last night by a couple who simply wanted to thank me for my military service. I thanked them. I have done the same for others in the past and I still do.

tsr5112 pruettee March 19 2014 at 12:54 PM

Well I simply don't beleive that because it wasn't posted on the net. So it CAN'T be true.

mammatrudes March 19 2014 at 12:38 PM

Random Acts of Kindness...we should all do this more often. I was touched by this story. I am sure that Ms. Kinzle had a terrific day after her generous, anoymous act of kindness.

Hello Handsome March 19 2014 at 12:31 PM

Wonderful story! Im sure when she did it ,she wasnt doing it for recognization or praise ,just knew it was the right thing to do!If all of us could do it ,it would be a nice gesture.

ambonding March 19 2014 at 12:25 PM

If everyone could just set aside petty differences and do something nice for someone without expecting back the world would be a happier place. Sometimes a smile, a note such as this or a hello will make a persons day.

World Series