Woman finds sisters through viral Facebook post

Woman Finds Sisters Through Viral Facebook Post

A woman in Pennsylvania finally met the family she never knew she had.

'Nicholle Oliver met one of her sisters for the first time on Saturday. Her Facebook post about her search for her birth parents was shared nearly 5,000 times and eventually, her two sisters saw it,' HLN reported.

It all started in early March when she posted a pair of Facebook photos that rippled through social media.

In those photos, Oliver held a board that read: 'I was born on November 18, 1977 in Washington, Penn. I was put up for adoption through catholic charities. I am looking for my birth parents from Columbus, Ohio. My birth mother's name is Jodi Hildreth. She would be 64 years old. Please share on Facebook.'

Although Oliver's birth mother had passed away, just three days later, Oliver had found her long-lost sisters ... in Ohio.

She posted that she found her sisters Rosie Briggs Franklin and Dollie Conant.

WCPO was there for Oliver and Franklin's first hug Saturday.

'Rosie snuck up from behind and the reunion began. 'Happy St. Patrick's Day!'
'I can't even begin to express how excited I am.'
'We get to hang out and spend time with each other.'

The station also noted the women's mother was quote "not well" when she gave up Oliver for adoption.

But, here's some good news. From the looks of Conant's Facebook page, Oliver met her other sister Sunday.

We're sure the sisters have plenty of catching up to do.

phpoling March 18 2014 at 10:34 PM

Great Story with happy ending!

megod March 18 2014 at 12:27 PM

WONDERFUL STORY, GLAD IT TURNED OUT WELL

speedskater551 March 18 2014 at 12:22 PM

Am so very happy for her and her family. So sorry that her mother has passed. I too was adopted and next week I am going to PA. to meet my birth mom and 2 sisters. We have been in contact since Dec. 21 2013. It has been an a long time coming. I am 53, have known I was adopted since age 9. Cannot wait.

nosleep98 speedskater551 March 18 2014 at 12:55 PM

Best wishes to you SpeedSkater, and I hope your meeting will go well, and you will find satisfaction and comfort when you meet your relatives.. Please let us know how it turns out, even Email me if you care to. Sincerely wishing you the best on this!
NoSleep98

Patrice March 18 2014 at 11:31 AM

How wonderful!! I am 65 and was adopted at the age of 6 months. I have searched for my birth family through all means available that I could afford. I loved my adoptive parents but both are gone now. My adoptive family has no interest in me now, they have their "real" family to worry about. My gifts are welcome, but I am not. My parents told my adopted sister all about me, but she doesn't believe I have a right to know because she made a promise, to her parents, long before they passed. At my age now, I have given up, but it does my heart good to know that others have found their birth families, congratulations~~

evelyon7 Patrice March 18 2014 at 11:58 AM

HOW SAD. I ALSO WAS ADOPTED AT AGE 3.5 BECAUSE MY BYOLOGIC FATHER DIED AT AGE 36 AND MY BIO. MOTHER GAVE ALL US KIDS AWAY TO THE NEIGHBORS. THE FAMILY I WAS GIVEN TO DID NOT TAKE CARE OF ME AND THE STATE OF MICH. ROUNDED US ALL AND SENT US TO THE ORPHANAGE. I HAVE 2 OLDER SISTERS A YEAR YOUNGER SISTER, AND ANOTHER ONE 2 YEARS YOUNGER. I AM 78 AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THEM AND CAN NOT FIND ANY TRACE OF ANY OF THEM ON THE COMPUTER SIGH

idodeco2 evelyon7 March 18 2014 at 1:32 PM

Try again evelyon7, don't give up, include all the information you can find. I so hope that you will, and they are all still alive and well.

Flag +2 rate up
joannyadoptees evelyon7 March 18 2014 at 8:12 PM

come to Adoptee Central on fb. We have search and support groups to help.

Flag 0 rate up
Love my Dolls! March 18 2014 at 11:24 AM

I so love stories like this. I am an adoptee and have met my 2 birth sisters, but unfortunately - my birth mother had passed away and they didn't know who my birth father was. I'm so happy she got to meet her sisters.

joannyadoptees Love my Dolls! March 18 2014 at 8:13 PM

There is DNA now to help find biological relatives. Come to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adoptionDNA

onyota1 March 18 2014 at 11:22 AM

Awesome story I'm very Happy for this young lady and wish her the best throughout life . And for everyone else who has been given up for adoption don't give up looking your dream of finding your Blood Family could come true . Best wish's to all..

mojo4129 March 18 2014 at 11:20 AM

I was born William David Benjamin in Boston, April 1st, 1959. Somehow I landed in an orphanage ran by the Children's Home Society of Florida in Miami. As far as I know I was about 3 years old when taken from my natural parents. I went through 21 foster homes and was finally adopted at age 12. my adopted parents are both deceased.

collietwo01 March 18 2014 at 11:08 AM

My Dad left before I was born,never knew him and my my would never talk about him or give me a name. I have my papers from which my step-father adopted me, but it says nothing of him. All I know is that he was a master-sargeant in the military and came from Wilkes-barre PA. It is so great she has found her sisters.

Love my Dolls! collietwo01 March 18 2014 at 11:30 AM

There is a wonderful google group online for adoptees and they have a no find no fee search angels. They supported me totally throughout my search even though they couldn't help me because of how I was adopted, but they have helped so many more. It's theadoptiondatabase@googlegroups.com

justlilolm collietwo01 March 18 2014 at 2:30 PM

I will say it again...everyone needs to be aware of DNA testing...a search angel looking through old birth records...that was in 2006...found birth mother (deceased), name given to me at birth (never knew), and through searching public records, found an ex, who told me of my b-sister (born out of state)- I would have never known her, if it wasn't for the kindness of htis man.
Fast forward to 2013- decided to see if 1/2 sisters or full- same thing- b-mom would never give up names, so discovered 1/2 sisters, but also given a PATERNAL 1/2 SISTER! Her mom was adopted, so she wanted to know more..& she is 16 yrs. older than me- she is 69, so...never too old to find family! Go for it!

England March 18 2014 at 12:29 PM

Thanx Nancy my mistake, got a bit anxious in the Spelling.....it is Donahue

chasrhudson March 18 2014 at 2:43 PM

I can respect the loss, You do not no what is on some one els's mind until you walk in their shoes.