Judge orders Chris Brown to remain in jail

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge says R&B singer Chris Brown must remain in jail until a hearing in late April because he failed to remain in a court-mandated rehab program.

Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin said Monday that he was troubled by comments that Brown made during his rehab stay in which the singer allegedly said he was good at using guns and knives.

The 24-year-old singer was arrested on Friday after he was dismissed from a Malibu facility where he was being treated for anger management and other issues.

Brown had been in rehab since November, when Brandlin ordered him to receive treatment as part of his sentence for a 2009 attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna.

Brown's attorney Mark Geragos asked that Brown be allowed to enter another rehab program, but Brandlin refused and set a probation violation hearing for April 23.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Chris Brown is facing a court hearing Monday over why he was kicked out if rehab and what penalties he should face.

The 24-year-old R&B singer spent the weekend in jail after being arrested after his dismissal from a Malibu treatment facility for violating its rules.

Prosecutors could ask that Brown remain in jail. They had sought jail time for the Grammy-winning singer last month, but the request was rejected.

Brown had been in rehab since November, when Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin ordered him to receive treatment for anger management issues.

Brown remains under court supervision after his 2009 attack on the-girlfriend Rihanna hours before the Grammy Awards.

Tom March 17 2014 at 7:48 PM

Some people will not learn and choose to stay stupid.

landslowrance March 17 2014 at 10:10 PM

I hope he gets the help he needs, and then he needs to stick to the program they set up for him.

brad March 17 2014 at 8:18 PM

Another black role model.

mahaloce brad March 17 2014 at 8:34 PM

I guess Charlie Sheen and Robert Downey Jr and Courtney love- who were all at one point acting the fool-are white role model according to your logic. Check out black institutions of higher learning and military service and churches and cooperate executives and teachers and janitors and business owners across this country and see real life black role models. Ignorance is bliss

abcstarfoxstil mahaloce March 17 2014 at 11:48 PM

No one thinks that.
They are all morons, which does not make Brown any better.

Flag 0 rate up
Doyle March 18 2014 at 8:25 AM

Put him and Justin Bieber in the same cell .

hanclark77 March 18 2014 at 8:24 AM

put people who buy his crappy music in jail too.

jhjet March 18 2014 at 8:17 AM

Throw away the key

DJ March 17 2014 at 11:42 PM

Rehab isn't going to fix whats wrong with him. I doubt actual jail time will either. There is no known cure for dumb***.

gloshops2010 March 18 2014 at 8:16 AM

I'm very concerned about Chris Brown's future. He is a time bomb, waiting to explode. When I read about him throwing a rock and breaking his mother's window, I knew the young man needed some serious help. He has had too many escapes from all of the dirt he has done, and nothing is being done about it. Where is his father? It seems like he would step in to talk some since into his child, who is rapidly headed for destruction. I'm a grandmother of a 26 year old young man. I can feel just what his grandparent, or grand parent's are going through. If he was my grandson, you better believe I would have some words for him. He has gone entirely too far. He is getting worst by the second. I really feel sorry for his poor mother, because her heart is heavy. Nobody want's to see their child in trouble, and I know she is wondering where she went wrong. Don't worry mom, I'm sure you raised Chris to the best of your ability. When a person get's grown, he or she is responsible for his or her actions. The person has to learn how to make the right choices. When there is no thinking before action, then there is the terrible mistake, that has been made. I will keep Chris Brown in my prayers, because prayer will change situations. I'm praying for his mom and family because I know it has taken a toll on them. Just believe, God is in control and I do know he will work it out for you. This might be something to save your son's life. Nobody knows but God. May God Bless and Keep You! Sincerely, A Concerned Grandmother!

Mr. Happy gloshops2010 March 18 2014 at 8:28 AM

thorazine!

malamutesaloon gloshops2010 March 18 2014 at 8:45 AM

Invoking "god" isn't realistic. Let this jerk remain in jail and hope that by the time he gets out he will have learned that you can't go around hitting people. Buying into the "god" theory is saying that the jerk's behavior is all "god's will" in the first place. No, the jerk brought it on himself.

Sundancer58 March 17 2014 at 11:41 PM

O J SIMPSON

Scotty March 18 2014 at 8:15 AM

Great post.....there's no cure for stupid.