WATCH: Retired airman reunites with military fur-friend

WATCH: Retired Airman Reunites with Military Fur-Friend

A retired U.S. airman reunited with his favorite four-legged partner, Robby the dog.

WFLA reports Robby and his former handler, retired Air Force Technical Sergeant David Simpson, worked side-by-side for four years in Germany and other places as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Simpson had to retire for medical reasons and leave behind his beloved k-9. However, just ten short months later, Simpson found out his four-legged pal was also retiring, so he bought a ticket back to Germany for Robby's retirement ceremony. The duo's reunion was nothing short of sweet.

After the reunion, WTVT reports Simpson adopted Robby and spent $2,000 to fly them both back home to Florida. Simpson told the station the pair has an irreplaceable bond.

'Knowing what he's done, it's a huge bond. I definitely feel closer to him than any other animal I've ever owned. It's a relationship that really can't be explained in words.'

WTVT reports Robby is now adjusting to life with Simpson's three kids and enjoying some much-deserved R&R.

Mike March 14 2014 at 11:49 PM

Nice to see the love between a man and his dog like that. I got to experience that with my husky, Sam. She looked like a wolf but was the sweetest, most adorable creature that God ever put breath into. She's gone now, but there isn't a day that goes by without me thinking of her and how much love she gave.

Spinnaker March 14 2014 at 10:16 PM

I had a "best friend" named Max.........................After I retired we were inseperable........followed me from room to room, went on "road trips" together..................He was taken from me too soon at age 6 from what I believe was polluted city water. Lost my father and my mother, but this was the only "person" that made me cry about the loss. It lasted more than a year. I have a new friend, similar in many ways, but no one will be like Max. I have his cremated remains in a urn in my office.

Gracie GirL Spinnaker March 14 2014 at 10:31 PM

I lost 7 dogs to cancer in 11 years due to I believe a farmer behind me who admitted to using a banned pesticide. I tried to cure every one of them and went almost broke doing it. There was Bear doggie, YaYa,
Nickki, Lilly, Andrew, Woody and Max ... I loved them all but Max and Lilly were like my best friends and Took a piece of my heart with them. I have 3 furbabys left and One is blind, One is ok and One is now in heart failure. It never gets easy to loose your very best friends and partners Never. I miss them more than people I have lost. I wish you Love, Happiness and Good Health for many many years with your new furbuddy

Julie Spinnaker March 14 2014 at 10:48 PM

we love all of them!

karbear60 March 14 2014 at 10:08 PM

To all our Hero's out there who bonded with an animal during very, very hard times, when you come home and don't have your side kick, go to any Vet office and let the word out to us, animal lovers, and we , in the millions will make sure they come home to join you and your family again, just ask and let the word out, ok? We thank you for your service and the sacrifice you make, and in a little way will be sure to show a bit of gratitude and love and get your animal back to you and your family. Bless you for doing this all by yourself, but that should never have happen, that honor should be on us, animal lover and love of our Hero's. Blessing to you and your family.

Julie karbear60 March 14 2014 at 10:49 PM

Amen!

Mike March 14 2014 at 10:07 PM

There is an awesome kinship between Military Working Dogs and their Handlers. They are truly amazing in what they do and how they work together. There are numerous stories of the Dogs saving thier Handlers and Vice Versa. I'm glad Robby got home to his "Dad" wish I'd have known before because I'd have helped make it happen because, believe it or not, no matter what you hear from the Penagon or the President, a retired Technical Sergeant doesn't make that much in retirement pay and his health care, dental care, eye care are all mostly left up to him. So to say he's retired is really a misnomer. All it means is that he no longer serves in the Military but you can bet your butt he's working somewhere else because he can't live on his retirement pay and "THAT'S A FACT" God Bless you TSgt Simpson and Robby. Enjoy your time together!!!!!

Tom March 14 2014 at 10:00 PM

if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye u have no heart

Gracie GirL Tom March 14 2014 at 10:33 PM

Amen to that

Michelle Neff March 14 2014 at 9:46 PM

I didnt get mine good job!

Mrs Linda Krause March 14 2014 at 9:37 PM

GOD !!! WE NEED MORE STORIES LIKE THIS !!!

haynonnie March 14 2014 at 9:12 PM

It's great to know that people care as much about their animals as i do some may not know it but animals have emotions just as strong as a human does and this story only proves that!

chestercutbank March 14 2014 at 9:08 PM

Just like people, there are good and bad and its too BAD always gets more press than the GOOD! As a former dog owner, I KNOW dogs are better than people; after all, we treat them like, well, DOGS (in a negative way)! I often wish we could talk to the animals like Dr Doolittle and ask dogs why they are so good to us!

ruthhh March 14 2014 at 9:04 PM

This brings tears to my eyes. Hurray for all animal lovers.

World Series