Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation

Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation
A Connecticut pastor has died after confessing to his congregation he cheated on his wife.

The Daily Mail points out Davis had asked people at service Sunday to stay afterward for him to make an important confession that he had already made to his wife of 50 years.

Police in Bridgeport, Conn. say Davis collapsed suddenly when members of the congregation questioned him about his admitted infidelity. (Via WTNH)

But according to the Connecticut Post, churchgoers were actually expressing their forgiveness when Davis unexpectedly passed away.

A church elder told the paper: "We were shouting, 'We forgive you, we love you,' but the stress of all of it - he had a heart attack." Davis' official cause of death, though, has not been determined.

Fox News adds police are reviewing video that a church member recorded while attending service. Police have also interviewed several witnesses.

Davis had been a pastor at the church he and his wife founded since 1967. He leaves behind six children and eight grandchildren.

db1219 March 14 2014 at 7:49 PM

This is a Baptist church. The reverend/pastor did other things wrong, too. His car wasn't bought with his money, according to records. The same goes about 75% of his house.

Emery db1219 March 14 2014 at 9:52 PM

Remember thou shalt not bare false witness. Do you know the contract between him and the church.

limstillme db1219 March 14 2014 at 11:01 PM

Most of the Baptist Churches that I've belong to, supplied a house / parsonage for the pastor and his family, and usually provide for expenses for transportation, telephone, and sometimes, computer / internet and other expenses.

blessed March 14 2014 at 11:52 AM

This is a true case of a heavy heart. GOD forgives.

grnsfld March 14 2014 at 11:51 AM

Pastor Davis confessed his sin, was forgiven, and then was welcomed into Heaven. Prayers are going out for the Davis Family.

David S. March 14 2014 at 2:54 PM

OK, it's easy to make jokes here. Surely telling his congregation this did not cause this man to have a heart attack. He had underlying medical issues and was likely a ticking time bomb anyway.

dickn2000b David S. March 14 2014 at 3:32 PM

No. You're wrong. This man, for his age, was in tip top shape. He jogged and exercised. He had no diagnosable heart problems. He didn't smoke or drink. It was just his time to croak!

davirgi March 14 2014 at 7:14 PM

we all make our peace with God in our own way and sometimes it's ok for it to be just between you and God...peace be with him .......and his family.

huffmans05 davirgi March 14 2014 at 7:32 PM

Did you ever read James 5:16. This preacher was doing it right.

ElectricXebra davirgi March 14 2014 at 7:57 PM

How have you "proven to yourself that God is Real"?

....Or more like talked yourself into believing there is a God?!?

Because if you had done ANY research on the Bible then you would have found over 2500 errors and contradictions in it... along with the 30 plus books missing in it.
You would have also learned that King James was a Gay Man.

Or how about the over 30 other "Gods" who have the same story of Jesus but written 1500-3000 years BEFORE Jesus or the Bible?

Sorry, But I lived it for over 20 Years and have researched for almost 40 years and can read and write Hebrew and Greek.

So if you care to do some real research on why you believe what you believe and why God NEVER answers your prayers, (Just Like EVERYONE else in the world) then you can get back to me.

Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:00 AM

WOW, to be honest there are several, or perhaps millions of pastors cheating on their wives. However, none of them are as good, and as great as this pastor. Confessing his infidelity to his wife, and then to the Churchgoers; that's a person I would have a lot of respect for, and I wouldn't doubt coming to his Church and worship with him and all of his Church goers, because that’s a signal of respecting the ways of the LORD. Besides, I am sure that this pastor went straight to Heaven, for he confessed his sin to those he offended more before he died.
Another great example, of humility before the grace of GOD that reminds me of how good it is to be honest with the LORD, ourselves, our families, friends, and the society we coexist with. For example, another great pastor who sinned in the same manner was the well known Jimmy Swaggart back in the 80’s. This man also touched my heart, because he had the guts to confess with honesty his infidelity. Not only to his wife and family, but to his friends, to the Church he pastors, but before of all to GOD. Churches with pastors like this are hard to find, and if I had the chance to attend a Church like this hose pastor has done the same, or other sins that he has confessed to the CHURCH like Swaggart did and on television, I would be the most spiritual man knowing that my leader is the best and really shows me the way like these individuals.
I am no a pastor, but I consider myself to be as honest as either one of these two pastors. People like that is hard to find these days, and when one is honest as much as we are People take us as scams, because they just cannot accept that we are being really honest, because that’s our nature and since they are used to deal with scams, they think we are up-to something else. How about that? GOD BLESS these two pastors before he does me, I say this from the bottom of my heart, AMEN!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

hshaef123 Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:05 AM

I would have more respect if he DIDN'T CHEAT!

zewkeeper122 hshaef123 March 14 2014 at 11:56 AM

Yeah well in a perfect world...............who else to teach his congregation about mistakes, forgiveness, repenting......

Flag +1 rate up
Miguel hshaef123 March 14 2014 at 12:52 PM

Actually, I would have more respect because he made a mistake by cheating, but he admitted it and confessed his offense. I would trust much more a person who makes a mistake, recognizes it, confesses it, and apologizes for it than I would for someone that I may not know of how he/she would do if they were in the same situation. As fallible, as we are, as human beings it would be hard to make mistakes and fixing them the right way. Actually, the way this Pastors did. That was awesome and commendable. I know he went to HEAVEN.

Flag 0 rate up
Daniel Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:18 AM

Miguel, Your assumption that there are many Pastors, perhaps millions, that are cheating on their wives, of course, opens you up to the results of assuming anything. You have made an ass of yourself. The rest of what you said is not bad.

Miguel Daniel March 14 2014 at 1:06 PM

Thank you Daniel, I appreciate your comment. I used to attend Church for years, and I heard several stories like these pastors' infidelities. Nevertheless, they were never as humble as these two pastors were. Nevertheless, I never paid attention to that while I attended Church, because we are all fallible human beings, and seldom exceptional like these to examples. Anyhow, I quit going to Church until the same happened in my Church, not ones, but 9 times. I moved on to another, and the same, I went to another, and I decided to stay away, because to me the things of GOD are holy and they should not be taken without respect. Therefore, ever since, I have never stepped into a Church again, because I am a sinner, and finding myself with the wrong leaders there is no way of spiritually growing in the Faith of GOD. Please don't forget that I said, "perhaps millions," but thousands, that's for sure. Especially, in these times of apostasy.

Flag 0 rate up
Kim March 14 2014 at 10:59 AM

while confession is good for the soul, it must not be for the body-when you carry such guilt for so long the body suffers medically-my advice follow Jesus and then you have nothing to feel guilt about

LL March 14 2014 at 5:43 PM

It's too bad that Pastor Davis was not as proficient in the knowledge of The Word, as he should have been, .... for if it were so, he would have come acros the verse that declares, "It Is Not Good To Even Speak Of Those Things Done Of Them In Secret" for he would then know that no need to confess a 50 year old sin - but NOOooo, most so called "Christians" feel an obligation to reveal ALL of their past sins, (as if this was a cleanisng kind of thing) - when God is the only one that can forgive sin; and though God does tell us, "Confess Yours FaultsTo One Another" - here again, what He has in mind is the individual that one has wronged, and NOT the entire congreagation, or world !

"My People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge"

OSHP367 LL March 14 2014 at 5:53 PM

Read it again....he had admitted something to his wife of 50 years, not that he admitted it to her 50 years ago. Duh!

jjbwnyc OSHP367 March 14 2014 at 5:59 PM

seriously!? honestly!

Flag +1 rate up
moose LL March 14 2014 at 6:27 PM

Or possibly just from stubborness of ignoring the knowledge to satisfy their lust.

mestranger2all March 14 2014 at 11:32 PM

wow swift justice from above I was told to watch for that if I made bad choices but I thought it was to be a lightning bolt was the killer for that act

vobox3343 March 14 2014 at 11:57 AM

This is not the first pastor that has died in the pulpit. Quite a few have. One thing for sure? We all will die; the time and place will be unknown