Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation

Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation
A Connecticut pastor has died after confessing to his congregation he cheated on his wife.

The Daily Mail points out Davis had asked people at service Sunday to stay afterward for him to make an important confession that he had already made to his wife of 50 years.

Police in Bridgeport, Conn. say Davis collapsed suddenly when members of the congregation questioned him about his admitted infidelity. (Via WTNH)

But according to the Connecticut Post, churchgoers were actually expressing their forgiveness when Davis unexpectedly passed away.

A church elder told the paper: "We were shouting, 'We forgive you, we love you,' but the stress of all of it - he had a heart attack." Davis' official cause of death, though, has not been determined.

Fox News adds police are reviewing video that a church member recorded while attending service. Police have also interviewed several witnesses.

Davis had been a pastor at the church he and his wife founded since 1967. He leaves behind six children and eight grandchildren.

nelson March 14 2014 at 10:38 AM

Glad he confess, a lot of notable Cathloic priests dont.

Miguel nelson March 14 2014 at 7:11 PM

I liked the courage he displayed to all the people around him and the humble manner in which he went to the LORD. I know he did.

vobox3343 March 14 2014 at 11:57 AM

This is not the first pastor that has died in the pulpit. Quite a few have. One thing for sure? We all will die; the time and place will be unknown

Kim March 14 2014 at 10:59 AM

while confession is good for the soul, it must not be for the body-when you carry such guilt for so long the body suffers medically-my advice follow Jesus and then you have nothing to feel guilt about

blessed March 14 2014 at 11:52 AM

This is a true case of a heavy heart. GOD forgives.

whcduan March 14 2014 at 9:45 AM

God be With Her. May no One make Judgement. God Bless All. May Love Prevail In All Our Lives.
RIP and Peace-Love

bryanmerrittper2 March 14 2014 at 11:29 AM

Cheating on your wife would be a lot of stress especially for a man who is supposed to be setting an example . He must have been riddled with guilt and shame. To error is human but to forgive is divine.

gstripodi bryanmerrittper2 March 14 2014 at 12:41 PM

I agree with you. But, the forgiveness had to come from his wife and god, his family. Psychology is my field, telling the congragation was to make him feel better, not for their benefit. After being married 50yrs no doubt there was guilt, no enough to prevent the affair, but, of course it was there.
There are many questions here, which to the average person are not visable. My deepest sympathy for his wife and family

Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:00 AM

WOW, to be honest there are several, or perhaps millions of pastors cheating on their wives. However, none of them are as good, and as great as this pastor. Confessing his infidelity to his wife, and then to the Churchgoers; that's a person I would have a lot of respect for, and I wouldn't doubt coming to his Church and worship with him and all of his Church goers, because that’s a signal of respecting the ways of the LORD. Besides, I am sure that this pastor went straight to Heaven, for he confessed his sin to those he offended more before he died.
Another great example, of humility before the grace of GOD that reminds me of how good it is to be honest with the LORD, ourselves, our families, friends, and the society we coexist with. For example, another great pastor who sinned in the same manner was the well known Jimmy Swaggart back in the 80’s. This man also touched my heart, because he had the guts to confess with honesty his infidelity. Not only to his wife and family, but to his friends, to the Church he pastors, but before of all to GOD. Churches with pastors like this are hard to find, and if I had the chance to attend a Church like this hose pastor has done the same, or other sins that he has confessed to the CHURCH like Swaggart did and on television, I would be the most spiritual man knowing that my leader is the best and really shows me the way like these individuals.
I am no a pastor, but I consider myself to be as honest as either one of these two pastors. People like that is hard to find these days, and when one is honest as much as we are People take us as scams, because they just cannot accept that we are being really honest, because that’s our nature and since they are used to deal with scams, they think we are up-to something else. How about that? GOD BLESS these two pastors before he does me, I say this from the bottom of my heart, AMEN!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

hshaef123 Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:05 AM

I would have more respect if he DIDN'T CHEAT!

zewkeeper122 hshaef123 March 14 2014 at 11:56 AM

Yeah well in a perfect world...............who else to teach his congregation about mistakes, forgiveness, repenting......

Flag +1 rate up
Miguel hshaef123 March 14 2014 at 12:52 PM

Actually, I would have more respect because he made a mistake by cheating, but he admitted it and confessed his offense. I would trust much more a person who makes a mistake, recognizes it, confesses it, and apologizes for it than I would for someone that I may not know of how he/she would do if they were in the same situation. As fallible, as we are, as human beings it would be hard to make mistakes and fixing them the right way. Actually, the way this Pastors did. That was awesome and commendable. I know he went to HEAVEN.

Flag 0 rate up
Daniel Miguel March 14 2014 at 11:18 AM

Miguel, Your assumption that there are many Pastors, perhaps millions, that are cheating on their wives, of course, opens you up to the results of assuming anything. You have made an ass of yourself. The rest of what you said is not bad.

Miguel Daniel March 14 2014 at 1:06 PM

Thank you Daniel, I appreciate your comment. I used to attend Church for years, and I heard several stories like these pastors' infidelities. Nevertheless, they were never as humble as these two pastors were. Nevertheless, I never paid attention to that while I attended Church, because we are all fallible human beings, and seldom exceptional like these to examples. Anyhow, I quit going to Church until the same happened in my Church, not ones, but 9 times. I moved on to another, and the same, I went to another, and I decided to stay away, because to me the things of GOD are holy and they should not be taken without respect. Therefore, ever since, I have never stepped into a Church again, because I am a sinner, and finding myself with the wrong leaders there is no way of spiritually growing in the Faith of GOD. Please don't forget that I said, "perhaps millions," but thousands, that's for sure. Especially, in these times of apostasy.

Flag 0 rate up
grnsfld March 14 2014 at 11:51 AM

Pastor Davis confessed his sin, was forgiven, and then was welcomed into Heaven. Prayers are going out for the Davis Family.

Sunny March 14 2014 at 10:07 AM

I am so sorry this happened to the pastor. I have to say I admire him because it took enormous courage for him to admit this to his congregation. I am sure it was hard to confess to his long time wife, but to humble himself in front of so many people indicates that he was deep down a very good man, who happened to make a mistake for which he was sorry. Pastors are human too.

BipDBo March 14 2014 at 10:18 AM

Way to go out clean, brother.
It's not the arrogantly holy, but rather the humbly repentant sinner that makes God smile.
Luke 15:10
"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

nam2205 BipDBo March 14 2014 at 10:40 AM