Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation

Pastor Dies After Confessing Infidelity To Congregation
A Connecticut pastor has died after confessing to his congregation he cheated on his wife.

The Daily Mail points out Davis had asked people at service Sunday to stay afterward for him to make an important confession that he had already made to his wife of 50 years.

Police in Bridgeport, Conn. say Davis collapsed suddenly when members of the congregation questioned him about his admitted infidelity. (Via WTNH)

But according to the Connecticut Post, churchgoers were actually expressing their forgiveness when Davis unexpectedly passed away.

A church elder told the paper: "We were shouting, 'We forgive you, we love you,' but the stress of all of it - he had a heart attack." Davis' official cause of death, though, has not been determined.

Fox News adds police are reviewing video that a church member recorded while attending service. Police have also interviewed several witnesses.

Davis had been a pastor at the church he and his wife founded since 1967. He leaves behind six children and eight grandchildren.

mestranger2all March 14 2014 at 11:32 PM

wow swift justice from above I was told to watch for that if I made bad choices but I thought it was to be a lightning bolt was the killer for that act

Anne March 14 2014 at 1:40 PM

Speaking of heart attack: Here's a Tip: When having blood pressure checked, never wear a hat, cap, plastic cap, wig, or wig & hat together; this holds in heat in your head and your BP reading will be much higher, by about 20 points. This will give you a false reading. Once put on BP meds, you'll always need them. And BP meds have too many side effects--especially on your heart. Just a tip.

ppolandrick March 14 2014 at 9:35 PM

There is an old saying "Confession is good for the soul". I am not going to say that is right or wrong but for me I'm keeping my mouth shut.

isisreptiles March 14 2014 at 1:12 PM

Confessing as he did took a lot of courage on his part. I respect someone who admits to their wrongdoing. My guess is that the extreme stress of it all caused a heart atack or stroke that killed him.

nelson March 14 2014 at 10:38 AM

Glad he confess, a lot of notable Cathloic priests dont.

Miguel nelson March 14 2014 at 7:11 PM

I liked the courage he displayed to all the people around him and the humble manner in which he went to the LORD. I know he did.

Philo March 15 2014 at 12:20 AM

We live a life of choices... To do good or evil... So, it's better to confess our sins in prayer everyday, even for the our love ones lest they have cursed God... as we find in the book of JOB...

Bob Sounder March 15 2014 at 12:16 AM

Poor guy.

shalawren March 15 2014 at 12:01 AM

another one bites the dust!!!

mooresrentalllc March 14 2014 at 12:31 PM

reading these comments- I see cynacism is not in shortage. Glad so many perfect people are following this.

wlh1923 mooresrentalllc March 14 2014 at 12:58 PM

cyanide-ism? Is that what you were trying to say? Hey at least we can spell cynicism

no7mk1 March 14 2014 at 11:54 PM

..honest I only did it once...if i'm lying let me drop dead...........oh crap.........

World Series