Colo. carjacking victim talks about being thrown from car

Colo. Carjacking Victim Talks About Being Thrown from Car
A Colorado carjacking spree followed by a high-speed chase Wednesday captivated viewers all over the country. "HLN" has more on one of the suspect's carjacking victims.

'A carjacking victim says she was watching a police chase on television. And then, on her way to work, she was the one pulled from her car by the suspect that the cops were chasing.'

Authorities say 28-year-old suspect Ryan Stone carjacked three cars and led police on a nearly two-hour chase. One of his victims regrets trying to fight off her relentless attacker.

'One of the drivers he's accused of carjacking, Zhune Warton, was thrown violently from her seat.'
'When I saw it, it kind of shook me a little bit like, what the heck was I thinking?'

According to KUSA, it all started at about 6:20 Wednesday morning when a man carjacked an SUV with a four-year-old boy inside. He went on to carjack a minivan before taking over Wharton's car. It all ended a little after 8 a.m. when Stone failed to flee on foot.

Wharton and her husband told KMGH they're frustrated this could even happen in the first place, given Stone's past. Many media outlets have reported Stone already has an 11-page criminal record.

'I have no sympathy for people like that. I think repeat offenders should be in jail, not roaming around. Put him away forever, I think he's done enough, he's lucky, you know, no one died.'

According to The Denver Post, Stone could be charged with kidnapping as well as eluding and attempted murder of a peace officer.

mbrheljr March 17 2014 at 2:29 PM

Back in the mid-'90's, I wrote a piece of remedial legislation, AB 264, that successfully closed a loophole in CA drug offender registration when it became law on 1-1-96.

Sadly, several other public safety bills I wrote didn't accomplish their objective.

Translation? I couldn't find any lawmakers who would carry them.

One dealt with high speed pursuits caused by these idiots that endanger innocent motorists, pedestrians and involved officers.

Therefore, I am renewing my request that CA lawmakers belly up to the bar and do their jobs.

This includes reckless drivers that do this, and, especially so for carjackers.

Draconian punishment for dangerous crimes...

Hmtl4evr March 17 2014 at 1:13 PM

The Police need to start shooting, never mind the car chases which end up killing innocent victims and , or a cop. This way the future loser car-jackers will think first before car-jacking. Shoot first , forget about any questions after. After all the jails are to crowded as it is. most criminals belong in a bodybag anyway. I'm an eye for an eye kind of person. The laws are screwed up, just like someone had written , this guy had an 11 page criminal sheet , WHY ISN'T HE IN PRISON?????? Hello Judges, can you see a problem here???

itbloo Hmtl4evr March 17 2014 at 1:36 PM

HMT: They won't think in the future about consequences. These extreme losers will only think about their next fix, or how much money they will make after robbing people and then selling poison.

jnjsec March 17 2014 at 12:59 PM

If he was alluding the police, they should have shot him in the back for trying to escape.!!!

yannaro March 17 2014 at 12:00 PM

He's lucky no one died?????

rwa325 yannaro March 17 2014 at 1:02 PM

He should have died after being shot by a CCW -- which the driver, unfortunately, didn't posses.

wllharrington March 17 2014 at 11:42 AM

This is Colorado. People are not supposed to fight back, the criminal might get hurt.

cangelo629 March 17 2014 at 11:29 AM

What good are the charges the courts have been letting him out of jail with the sheet he already has. None of this would of happen had he been properly assessed and processed instead of rubber stamped just to get their work done.......Zhaune Warton is lucky she did't get injured or killed! It's a car that can be replaced just like any other material object let it go .... your life is irreplaceable thats not worth letting go...........

skitzlpk March 17 2014 at 11:16 AM

Someone points a gun pointblank at me through my car window,, I'm either gonna gun it if I've got an opening or ask them if they need a chauffeur for the day..

Luke March 17 2014 at 11:08 AM

My car doors unlock automatically when you point a gun at me.

Squeek Luke March 17 2014 at 12:34 PM

LOL Luke

dutchhollo March 17 2014 at 11:06 AM

People when you get into YOUR car LOCK the damm doors. This incident was preventable. Rubber necking is a dangerous game to play.Protect yourselves at A:LL times.Just wait till the dummies legalize dope.

d1anaw dutchhollo March 17 2014 at 12:17 PM

I agree. And why would you head into an area where you were watching this go on????

ricks1951f1 March 17 2014 at 10:14 AM

Glad no one was hurt. She should lock those car doors.