Teachers from Calif. high school read mean tweets aloud

Teachers from Calif. High School Read Mean Tweets Aloud

It appears to be a new trend for taking criticism or praise. Teachers from a California high school read aloud tweets about themselves, purportedly written by students. "Good Morning America" anchors couldn't stop laughing while watching the teachers' reactions:

'Mr. Smith is so tall that whenever I talk to him I end up looking up his nostrils. #nosehairs. Nice.'
'Nice.'

Now, we aren't sure if these tweets were scripted or genuine, but the video was a school broadcast for Griffin News at Los Alamitos High School. It was posted on YouTube and even featured a teacher apparently obsessed with ... pickles?

'Why is Mr. Jones so obsessed with pickles? #childhoodmemories?'
'Mr. Bennett would look like Professor X if he shaved his head. #XMenOrigins.'

If this tweet-reading montage seems familiar to you, it might be because Jimmy Kimmel did something similar, but with celebrities.

ANNA FARIS: 'If you change the 'i' in Anna Faris' last name to a 't,' you get Anna Farts. Interesting.'
KATHY GRIFFIN: 'It's people like Kathy Griffin who are the root causes for why redheads are perceived as the spawn of Satan.'

Ouch. Compared to that, sounds like those teachers got off easy. Oh, and students ... just remember to be careful what you post online. Good or bad.

Check out the original video here:

hockeyfan39 March 14 2014 at 11:23 AM

#MrMarshalekformerlyofCentralJrHighTPIL

You always will be the biggest douche bag of my childhood memories!

dawneeg March 14 2014 at 2:19 PM

That was cute. The one about the chubby coach telling people how to run cracked me.

lionessefl March 14 2014 at 12:47 PM

this was kinda funny and made me grateful we didn't have facebook or twitter when I was in high school (back in 1992)...I liked some teachers and disliked some others, but remembering those I went to high school with, both students and teachers, I have no doubt we would have had similar things to say about those teaching us and those in positions of authority .....I think the thing to remember, for the teachers being tweeted about, is to take what is being tweeted with a grain of salt and realize that these messages are from teenagers (larger more attitudinal versions of children) and shrug it off....we're adults, they're not. But they will be soon......

rwitchwoman63 March 14 2014 at 8:44 AM

I think its good that the teachers have a sense of humor....and the kids got to let them know whats on their minds a bit....Too funny!

lifesostrange March 14 2014 at 10:00 AM

It was funny, nice to see light hearted news instead of negative depressing blah blah blah bs. Never fails though some grumpy, judgemental, bored person decides to start the "lets hate the world but sit and do nothing" fit. Damn all I wanted was something cute and not so serious to look at. What's wrong with you that you have to express your miserable opinions instead of doing what the rest of us sane happy people did and laugh, giggle and smile at it. Seems like the more pleasant reaction to me. Have a wonderful day and I hope your life improves and you learn to be happy! Peace!!

jgesselberty March 14 2014 at 10:59 AM

I'm guessing that if teachers posted their thoughts about students, they would lose their jobs and the parents would have their lawyers step in. But, hey, it's LA and liberality abounds.

jsim6974 March 14 2014 at 10:50 AM

great idea with teachers...but what do we care about the "news anchor's reactions."

maligatr March 14 2014 at 5:41 AM

Have Your Say...seriously when bullying is such an issue ... then you print stuff like this ... disgusting .. its not funny

RussianBallerina maligatr March 14 2014 at 9:49 AM

not funny

pty014372 March 14 2014 at 8:05 AM

I guess these teachers had nothing better to do.

cbcmkting March 14 2014 at 7:28 AM

Brave teachers? I would surmise that being LA, most are extremely liberal "teachers" who propagandize more than they teach! Our education system is so screwed up, especially on the left coast that you can start with a msart, intelligent child and turn them into an evil bitter Reid or Pelosi type...

Want brave? Why not have the teachers SIGN UP for MERIT evaluations rather than being shielded by the unions who could care less about the children and only about themselves!