Kitten-rescuing cop becomes heartthrob of the web

Kitten-Rescuing Cop Becomes Heartthrob of The Internet
By Jen Markham
A photo of a Baltimore police officer rescuing a kitten went viral, turning the kitty's savior into the Internet's hottest heartthrob.

Around a year ago, someone at the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care shelter snapped a photo of Officer Jon Boyer when he first aided and then adopted an adorable stray kitten. People went crazy for the picture.

The city recruited Boyer for the 'Show Your Soft Side' animal advocacy campaign and Boyer's poster became one of the organization's best sellers.

The image that started it all ...

Workers at the Baltimore Animal shelter even created an 'I Love Jon Boyer' Facebook page and are posting dreamy photos every time Jon rescues a kitty from the streets. They're also collecting major likes and love letters from thousands of women all over the planet.

Boyer tells WJZ TV he's baffled by all the attention, but says he's just happy it helps animals.

cleegok March 15 2014 at 11:41 AM

unlike that stupid story of the dad who kicked the cat after he scratched his kid, ran into a room, got locked in there with his family cus the cat was rebeling out after being neglected. Idiots.

ChingOW Mango cleegok March 15 2014 at 11:59 AM

I am still hoping to see a story that the poor 22 pound kitty was placed in a safe and loving home. I wanted to kick that fool in his side and see how he likes it. The sad thing is even if they do 'rescue' the kitty - that *ss is still going to be around a small child! Too many horrors in this world.

hatdon March 15 2014 at 12:44 PM

A true hero!

Brenda Fay March 15 2014 at 7:38 PM

aw, that's purresious!

wparschau March 15 2014 at 12:54 PM

There are still people in this world who have a heart like Officer Boyer. Thank you and keep that heart in you going........................... forever.

BJ March 15 2014 at 6:48 PM

If this Jon Boyer is single I think he should be on "The Bachelor" I wish I were 30 again. Some girl is going to be very lucky. All the animals too.

licksnpurrs March 15 2014 at 1:12 PM

Wouldn't this be a nice world to have a Jon Boyer in every home. What a beautiful act of kindness to a defenseless animal. God Bless him keep him safe in his career. I have four cats of my own. A note to anyone who does not like cats. Be careful, you will come back as a mouse.

Kate licksnpurrs March 15 2014 at 1:39 PM

That was hilarious, your last sentence. I know my cats would agree.

N68Firebird March 15 2014 at 1:19 PM

We couldn't have a cat here - the bulldoggie would strenuously object.

I am glad that AOL shared this article. It shows that our police officers ARE human beings.

lorepod March 15 2014 at 1:22 PM

When I relax in my recliner in the evenings, my old pound cat is on my lap. All of our cats have been out of the pound and my daughter adopted hers off the street.

Kate March 15 2014 at 1:38 PM

That's a great idea, the 'show your soft side' campaign. Lots of guys adopt and love their pets, no matter whether they're kittens or pit bulls, (I know several myself, including my ex husband and an ex boyfriend), and if it encourages more guys to do so to be considered sweet and/or sexy, so much the better!

shopfile66 March 15 2014 at 7:52 PM

We need more people like him and more good stories.