Your food is a lie

Your Food is a Lie

This list (and the above video) might change the way you look at some of your most favorite food ...

1) Froot Loops all taste the same despite the color.

2) Cup of Noodles are mostly empty inside!

3) Cap'n Crunch isn't a Captain! Captains have 4 stripes on their sleeves while "Cap'n" only has 3 making him a Commander not a Captain.

4) Carrots don't help your eyesight. Also, baby carrots are just regular carrots that have been chopped up! Rabbits don't eat carrots in the wild either.

5) Oranges aren't always orange; sometimes they are green or yellow. To make all our oranges "orange" they are treated with ethylene gas. And limes will turn yellow if they are left on their trees.

6) "Double Dipping" doesn't spread any more germs than "single dipping," and the 5 second rule doesn't exist.

7)Double Stuf Oreos don't actually have double the "stuf" it's actually closer to 1.89X.

Did any of these surprise you? Have you known the truth for a long time? Grab a snack and tell us in the comments below.

guiaprandi March 16 2014 at 5:35 AM

When it comes to cereal, I tend to buy the "natural" or organic. If I buy Froot Loops, it is because my granddaughter begs me, too which I am thankful is not all the time. I am aware of all these maneuvering with food. How else can a manufacturer profit? They have to sell and if it means giving rainbow colors to food to make kids eat and moms buy them, then that is the path to go. Consumers have to be wise about their purchases. I also know that baby carrots are not what it is. Another way of selling food..it is convenient. Treating food with ethylene gas is not a great idea...not healthful. Someone in my family does not mind if Double Stu Oreos is only 1.89X. She just eats the cream.

billybuttlooker March 16 2014 at 8:32 AM

I'll commit when I am finished eating my Oreo

dennismlns billybuttlooker March 16 2014 at 9:39 AM

I think they should market Double Stuff Oreo's as just "Oreo's," then they could make a fortune selling the regular ones as "Diet Oreo's"

doug March 16 2014 at 8:00 AM

Capt Crunch can be whatever rank the creators want him to be!

Lynn Fredenburgh March 16 2014 at 9:12 AM

Then why do the rabbits in my yard go for the carrots in my garden? I know my domestic rabbits go for them when offered.

Geoff Lynn Fredenburgh March 16 2014 at 9:22 AM

Also in WWII pilots were told to eat carrots as it improved night vision- I presume there was some kind of study to show this - otherwise - why not eat cabbage!!

jaybeach8 Lynn Fredenburgh March 16 2014 at 9:49 AM

Domestic rabbits are rather stupid. Probably the carrot tops are more to rabbits' liking.

jjaycedar March 16 2014 at 8:16 AM

what!!! double stuff isn't double, next you'll be telling me crunch berries are'nt fruit.

dennismlns March 16 2014 at 9:12 AM

Dad did 30 years in in the Navy, so I knew about Commander Crunch. And having seperated the Froot Loops as a kid I knew about that one too. The rest don't suprise me any.

l8rpt8r March 16 2014 at 8:59 AM

Here is a tidbit of info about Cereal, all the Characters are all Male. There are no Female Character. Snap, Crackle, Pop. The Captain Crunch, Trix Rabbit, Count Chocula, Tony the tiger, Tuscan Sam,

wackytravels March 16 2014 at 6:44 AM

8) Get a life

monicatg March 16 2014 at 9:17 AM

........and Lucky Charms aren't really lucky at all. Believe me, I know~!

jaybeach8 monicatg March 16 2014 at 9:48 AM

Big time?

agerber292 March 16 2014 at 5:55 AM

Most breakfast cerals labeled as "Heart Healthy" ,are NOT !! ( Too much sugar )