Live from New York, It's Naomi Campbell!

Naomi Campbell Interview

She's the reigning queen of the runway whose face has graced the covers of magazines all over the world. But these days, Naomi Campbell isn't just a legendary supermodel. For the second time, Campbell is bringing her model competition show, Oxygen's "The Face" back to the U.S..

Although the Executive Producer and model mentor is known for being the toughest coach on the show, Campbell tells AOL.com's Brian Balthazar that she's got a nurturing side toward her team of models behind the scenes! "I actually would go in the mornings and, this is off camera, and go in and wake up my girls personally. I talk to them, I wake them up softly... I want to know how they feel, what they're doing, did they eat right last night, did they drink enough water, are they cold, is there a draft coming through the window?"

Campbell also says that "The Face" has given her an opportunity to teach the next generation of models what she's learned over her 28-year career as a supermodel while keeping her private life safely in the background. "I truly came on the show because of the mentoring aspect, " says Campbell, "I've been asked to do many shows over the years and I don't want to show my life in that way. I am known publicly, but I want to keep whatever I have left privately for myself."

Despite Campbell's career as a famous face, not many know about her other talent – comedy! The beauty revealed to Balthazar that not only does she want to appear on "Saturday Night Live" she's actually willing to do impressions! She did one for AOL.com (click the video!) and says about her quest to become guest host, "There's nothing better than making fun of yourself. It's just fun, I mean, what do I have to lose?"

Catch "The Face" Wednesday nights at 10pm ET on Oxygen!

puzzlenutty March 12 2014 at 4:35 PM

Sounds like she is doing a public make-over. If you believe what has been written about her, she has a pretty nasty way of treating people.

It would be interesting to hear what the models would have to say if they would not face retribution.

wlh1923 March 12 2014 at 9:07 PM

If those bangs aren't part of the WORST wig ever then I don't know what is. I thought that pelt Oafpra wears on her head was bad, but this rug takes the cake.

mygailbaby wlh1923 March 12 2014 at 9:39 PM

You think you know EVERYTHING, don't you? Oprah, whom I think you are referencing here also, - DOES NOT wear a wig or weave. She wears HER OWN hair.

aicomputers2 wlh1923 March 12 2014 at 9:53 PM

Her face and eyes make up for it.

gigi1105 March 12 2014 at 7:03 PM

naomi campbell nice???/ wtf you are on something very strong.....she is a filthy mouthed pig!!!! any one that watches her show would be encouraging this whacko!!!!! you must have a short memory

billcdaly March 12 2014 at 7:21 PM

The nicest woman? Are you kidding?
She is the ultimate demanding diva who has been banned by British airways and involved in countless suits brought by reporters and camera men.

Velocity105 March 12 2014 at 7:56 PM

Right. This woman has been to court having to defend herself against altercations with staff and servants over and over. She's got on her TV Mask for this show. Gimme a break.

zygi & paris March 12 2014 at 8:47 PM

Where in he world did they get their information for this article. This woman is a holy terror. What hasn't she done to her workers and others. Hard to believe anything that is written today.

ASHA'ARA SHALAM! March 12 2014 at 7:02 PM

LOVE THIS WOMAN TO LIFE…LOVE LOVE LOVE NAOMI CAMPBELL!!!

aicomputers2 March 12 2014 at 9:50 PM

She's beautiful, but how could she say the modeling industry isn't discriminatory? If she wasn't so attractive she'd never make it in the first place.

newyorkclasher March 12 2014 at 8:58 PM

People can change....Just like some of you people were probably nice at one time and now you are just vicious.

Apple March 12 2014 at 3:45 PM

This chick is over done...Bad Attitude...Ugly!!!!! She is not a Model human being that is for sure....Fake.....next!!!!

World Series