'Chrisley Knows Best' 'crazy' dad gets show trending

'Chrisley Knows Best' Premiere: One Crazy Dad

On 'Chrisley Know Best,' we met the Chrisley family, and all of Todd Chrisley's rules for them. It turns out he's pretty controlling. From discussing his awkward rules on ... uh ... sizing to spying on his family.

Still, the show really got viewers' attention, landing in the top 10 Google Trends searches after it aired. As of Tuesday AM, the show was searched over 100,000 times. It was also trending on Twitter.

So, what else happened on the wild premiere?

Todd put tracking devices on his kids' cars, monitored all their computer traffic, read all of their text messages and even threw his son's laptop into the pool as punishment.

In fact, E! dubbed Todd 'TV's craziest dad.'

'Colorful is one way to describe him. Todd is a self-made millionaire who strives for perfection in all areas of his life, especially with his children. But while some people may see what he says as harsh, there's usually a certain honesty there.'

The New Jersey Star-Ledger, on the other hand, isn't sold on the show just yet.

'At premiere's end, 'Chrisley Knows Best' comes off as a quaint glimpse into the life of a rich family that has growing pains of its own. But there's really not much conflict yet to make this show all that compelling.'

Gordon March 12 2014 at 8:12 PM

Just waiting for him to come out the closet! Shouldn't be too long as this is "reality" television at it's worst, right next to the American Pickers...Fake, Fake, Fake!!

ggena March 12 2014 at 3:31 PM

Can't flag as abusive, those spammers telling you you can earn a fortune. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Somehow, I can't flag as abusive, nor give a thumbs down. Seems like it may be put there purposely.

Please don't fall for these scams, which they are.

Hellooo Clarice! March 12 2014 at 12:28 PM

He is very wise to monitor his children's internet and texting activities.

frozenbull March 12 2014 at 3:34 PM

Oh another "reality " show. No such a thing as reality show . As soon as you add a camera and sound to someone life it not reality anymore . Duh !

DennisTheMenace March 12 2014 at 6:13 PM

DOES HE FAMILY KNOW HE'S A HOMOSEXUAL?? I AM TOTALLY GAY AND CAN TELL IF A GUY OR GAL IS GAY FROM A MILE AWAY. HIS CONTROL OVER HIS FAMILY IS HIM TRYING TO ASSERT A TYPE OF MASCULINITY THAT HE DOES NOT POSSES. HE SOUNDS MORE LIKE A "SOUTHERN BELLE THAN HIS WIFE. AS FAR AS HIS WIFE GOES.........I GUESS IF ANYONE DRUNK, STONED, SOBER, OR CRAZY WOULD BE OK WITH ME IF I COULD LIVE LIKE SHE DOES. I AM SURE SHE JUST CLOSES HER EYES

David S. DennisTheMenace March 12 2014 at 7:49 PM

Definitely seems effeminate. As to the wife, get real: there isn't much most women won't do to live in a mansion, drive a fancy sports car, and weekly trips to the hairdresser. Maybe she doesn't have to have sex with him at all; plenty of women would sign up for that, LOL.

Bev March 12 2014 at 4:22 PM

You know...... when anyone tries to ask these schemers to quit, his/her comment does not appear. Do you really think that there are "technical difficulties" here? Is this a post, or a billboard?

sznbcrzn March 12 2014 at 12:01 PM

Loved it! I raised 5 boys so I know where he's coming from. He has 4 kids. If each one says, "But I don't have to coz blah blah blah I'm special," 5 times a day, he has to listen to, "But I don't have to," 20 times a day. You get to where you just say the most "to-the-point," visually-provoking, easy-to-remember words. Kudos to him for caring!

bamdam March 12 2014 at 7:02 PM

I say.....Kudos and Bravo!!! Can I have him cloned? It was my parenting style too, however my now ex and kids over through me. It is a very dysfunctional family where kids became rulers .........what an awakening they are going to have in REAL world!
I, as a viewer, look FORWARD to watching more of 'Chrisley Knows Best'. More households today NEED to be run in this way, hence Less kids destructive behavior and being out of control.!

James Rabiola March 12 2014 at 11:51 AM

I am awfully surprised at all the negative responses to this show. My wife and I both watched and thoroughly enjoyed it. Never mind that the dad is a bit controlling. We think today's kids get away with far too much. Just think about what some of them are doing that their parents probably know nothing about (cyber-bullying). Remember everyone, it's also TV. It's supposed to be entertaining and this one is much better than most reality TV shows we've seen.

nnylard March 12 2014 at 11:49 AM

Who wants to watch a show about a controlling, gay, married millionaire? I fell asleep watching the trailer.