'Chrisley Knows Best' 'crazy' dad gets show trending

'Chrisley Knows Best' Premiere: One Crazy Dad

On 'Chrisley Know Best,' we met the Chrisley family, and all of Todd Chrisley's rules for them. It turns out he's pretty controlling. From discussing his awkward rules on ... uh ... sizing to spying on his family.

Still, the show really got viewers' attention, landing in the top 10 Google Trends searches after it aired. As of Tuesday AM, the show was searched over 100,000 times. It was also trending on Twitter.

So, what else happened on the wild premiere?

Todd put tracking devices on his kids' cars, monitored all their computer traffic, read all of their text messages and even threw his son's laptop into the pool as punishment.

In fact, E! dubbed Todd 'TV's craziest dad.'

'Colorful is one way to describe him. Todd is a self-made millionaire who strives for perfection in all areas of his life, especially with his children. But while some people may see what he says as harsh, there's usually a certain honesty there.'

The New Jersey Star-Ledger, on the other hand, isn't sold on the show just yet.

'At premiere's end, 'Chrisley Knows Best' comes off as a quaint glimpse into the life of a rich family that has growing pains of its own. But there's really not much conflict yet to make this show all that compelling.'

frozenbull March 12 2014 at 3:34 PM

Oh another "reality " show. No such a thing as reality show . As soon as you add a camera and sound to someone life it not reality anymore . Duh !

bamdam March 12 2014 at 7:02 PM

I say.....Kudos and Bravo!!! Can I have him cloned? It was my parenting style too, however my now ex and kids over through me. It is a very dysfunctional family where kids became rulers .........what an awakening they are going to have in REAL world!
I, as a viewer, look FORWARD to watching more of 'Chrisley Knows Best'. More households today NEED to be run in this way, hence Less kids destructive behavior and being out of control.!

Hellooo Clarice! March 12 2014 at 12:28 PM

He is very wise to monitor his children's internet and texting activities.

zeek714 March 12 2014 at 7:07 PM

He's a dam nut and a big one. So self centered, if it isn't his way it's no way. If I were his wife I would hit the highway...See Ya

madddddddddddddd March 12 2014 at 8:02 PM

they all look average and lets hope they all stay normal..........................

Debbie March 12 2014 at 8:09 PM

How old are the kids that the father is (spying) on...if they are under the age of 18....good...that is the only way you can keep your kids safe on the internet....and the boy that got his laptop thrown in the pool...why? Did he do something to erk his father like not doing any chores or keeping up his grades...how about staying on the laptop on all hours of the night? I'm the one that you don't follow my rules in my house if you are under 18 and if your not respectful to me or your dad...you bet your getting something taken away and if it is lap top in pool then so be it. I bet dear little daddy bought those cars that those kids have also...if they want their own cars and not have to answer on how they treat them or where they go....get out of the house and get your own car...and get a job!

Gordon March 12 2014 at 8:12 PM

Just waiting for him to come out the closet! Shouldn't be too long as this is "reality" television at it's worst, right next to the American Pickers...Fake, Fake, Fake!!

Betts March 12 2014 at 8:12 PM

I agree with most posters, the minute I saw and heard this man speak, I had a gut feeling he was gay (perhaps "bi"). His mannerisms, etc. are very effeminate.

sznbcrzn March 12 2014 at 12:01 PM

Loved it! I raised 5 boys so I know where he's coming from. He has 4 kids. If each one says, "But I don't have to coz blah blah blah I'm special," 5 times a day, he has to listen to, "But I don't have to," 20 times a day. You get to where you just say the most "to-the-point," visually-provoking, easy-to-remember words. Kudos to him for caring!

James Rabiola March 12 2014 at 11:51 AM

I am awfully surprised at all the negative responses to this show. My wife and I both watched and thoroughly enjoyed it. Never mind that the dad is a bit controlling. We think today's kids get away with far too much. Just think about what some of them are doing that their parents probably know nothing about (cyber-bullying). Remember everyone, it's also TV. It's supposed to be entertaining and this one is much better than most reality TV shows we've seen.