'Vows': Salon serendipity

'Vows': Salon Serendipity

Julia Khanbalinova always wished she would walk out of work one day and walk into her future husband. She walked into his mother instead.

Julia decided to get a quick manicure on her lunch break. While at the salon, a random woman sat next to her struck up a conversation. 'I was immediately drawn to her,' Julia said. 'In my mind I was thinking 'what a cute little girl this is,'' Denise Leventhal said. After a few minutes of chatting, Denise asked if Julia would be willing to go on a date with her son, Justin. Then, she picked up the phone and called him.

'Just, I think I just found your wife,' she said. 'I rolled my eyes and said 'mom, I gotta go. This is ridiculous. Ugh I just don't really feel like doing this,' Justin Leventhal said.

Though Julia and Justin were both unsure about meeting on a blind date, they decided to give it a try. As you can probably tell from the title of this article, sparks flew. 'We were almost the same personality,' Julia gushed. They had a wonderful dinner and stay out dancing until 2 in the morning.

After an incredible evening, the relationship progressed and Justin proposed.

'She totally chose me for him,' Julia said.

Julia and Justin's love story has made Julia a true believer in serendipity. 'You don't think you're going to go on a random date ... your mom met some girl at a nail salon and you're going to marry her,' Justin said.

But that's exactly what happened.

For more information on the happy couple, check out this link.

loamylam March 16 2014 at 9:47 PM

Talk about being 'pointed out!'.....she really nailed this one. sorry 'bout the puns. But, it's a cute story. Should things go 'south' they'll know who to point the finger at, huh.
I'll quit this ridiculous teasing and wish all the best of live and a lifetime of happiness.

jrp1947 March 16 2014 at 1:44 PM

best of luck to them and it is nice going in that you have at least one mother in law rooting for you before you even go out the door the first time.

hey March 16 2014 at 2:30 PM

that is so nice , while I don't condone arranged marriages sometime family can pick a good partner for their kids as long as they don't force it

hattie54 hey March 16 2014 at 3:07 PM

This makes me think of that downed plane they can't find.The co-pilot was getting married soon ( and didn't want to ).They say he was a " good Muslim ".

inhispresence7vross March 16 2014 at 11:21 PM

I think that this story is really special. I think concerned parents really have a lot of wisdom. I know that it really sounds strange for a person not to choose a mate for themselves, but most people have a tendency to choose for many of the wrong reasons. People tend to look outwardly and not give a person a chance, so they don't get to see the other person's heart. They only see what they look like. A parent knows their child and for the most part knows what's best if they can separate their motherly and fatherly emotions for a minute. Parents are going to seek out the best interest of their child. I'm only saying child because you will always be a child in a parents eyes. A parent will always have your back and they will see things that their child won't be able to see. The child will most likely be looking for the fairy tale, parents are already living the reality and know just a little more than the child. If you don't believe them just look at the statistics of divorce. Most people don't go into a marriage thinking divorce, but they certainly are quick to get one. I think parents have a lot of knowledge. Great story! Thanks for the share! :-)

hattie54 March 16 2014 at 3:10 PM

Do you all know the story of John and Annie Glenn?Its such a cute one.They met as toddlers in a playpen coz their parents were good friends.

emberbb March 16 2014 at 3:23 PM

It should only happen that easily to me!!!!!!!

Ollie March 16 2014 at 3:26 PM

I would have loved for my mother to chose my life long husband. I know it would have worked out great for me my husband and our marriage. Mom always put in her thoughts and ideas in all we did, she was always right too. I listened only 95% of the time and blew it the other 5% making the wrong decisions. But I learned my lessons in life. I shared what mom told me with all my daughters and they told me when something or a situation came up for them they always heard my words, warnings and suggestions and made their choices accordingly. I am glad I had the mother I did, wish I could still have her with me today. She was the bomb. Julia has a very loving mother-in-law. Bless her.

Victoria March 16 2014 at 3:42 PM

Well, it does happen. My mom picked my husband, too

elrod.porkmore Victoria March 16 2014 at 3:52 PM

it can be weirder than that my deceased wife of 20 years told me if she died she would dump my next wife in my lap and she did

mmgdag Victoria March 16 2014 at 4:36 PM

Yes, it does. My mother & mother-in-law met in the supermarket and decided that such a lovely woman should have a child [each in our 20's] perfect for their own. Our marriage lasted 30 years until he died.

k8ehoek March 16 2014 at 4:44 PM

When I was 13 my mother pointed out a cute boy clearing tables at the local restaurant. I was so embarrassed by her saying it so loudly. 7 years later I met a great guy and discovered that it was the same one mom picked out! We've been married over 20 years with 2 wonderful kids.

womlib March 16 2014 at 4:56 PM

Sounds like this could be a new reality show to take the place of the bachelor. Salon Sweeties. lol Or better yet, Moms Mingle.