Groundskeeper caught saying the Pledge of Allegiance

Middle School Groundskeeper Caught Saying the Pledge of Allegiance

A Texas middle school teacher snapped a photo of a school's groundskeeper, and the image is creating a lot of positive buzz.

'He looked out to see a groundskeeper put down his weedwacker, take off his hat and put his hand over his heart. 21-year-old Clayton Allen Jr. recited the Pledge of Allegiance and the Texas Pledge before giving a moment of silence,' 'Fox & Friends' reported.

Garrett Hartman is the 7th grade teacher from Smith Middle School who snapped the photo of Allen.

He said the moment was inspiring.

'He put his hands behind his back and did the moment of silence. It was phenomenal. It was an instant impact kind of thing. Goosebump moment.'

Afterward, Hartman and another teacher rushed outside to meet Allen.

'It made me feel like Superman to be honest with you; it made me feel good on the inside,' Allen said.

Allen told KPRC he recited the Pledge of Allegiance because he 'feels blessed every day.'

'I'm so thankful for the day and the country that I'm in.'

Hartman told KPRC he hopes the photo - caught at just the right time- will have an impact on the 'level of respect students show' during the Pledge of Allegiance and moments of silence.

camplers March 12 2014 at 1:07 AM

We need more peope lke him!!! God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramonbatt camplers March 12 2014 at 2:05 AM

Most Americans don't care. He does!

benbenjami March 12 2014 at 12:47 AM

This is great. As a 21year Marine Corps retiree I still feel a thrill when I hear the Star Spangled Banner.
They ought to put people who desecrate the flag in jail. All t often these days you see people who
will not even take their hat off at parades and sporting events when the Star Spangled Banner is played.

loulitwin benbenjami March 12 2014 at 1:12 AM

I wouldn't put them jail but I'd pay for their ticket to a land far way........

Nan benbenjami March 12 2014 at 5:17 AM

Thank you for your service.

Kathy March 11 2014 at 5:05 PM

I guess I was brought up different. I come from a family of Marines. I thought everybody was supposed to do this when you hear the Pledge of Allegiance . Whenever I got out of school from dropping of the kids late,, if the Pledge started before I hit the door I always stopped & did Pledge of Allegiance.

ohioh111b111y Kathy March 11 2014 at 5:11 PM

Kathy: not being pissy with you, but I believe you were raised different from most of us.
Do you see if often in your daily life outside of your family?

Randy Stalsby March 11 2014 at 5:05 PM

God Bless him , he is a true American with respect to our great nation

mark42836 Randy Stalsby March 11 2014 at 5:20 PM

that should be in front of the class providing a better example for the next generation than the cell phone videographer "teacher"

ruth March 11 2014 at 5:06 PM

Hooray!! Something good for a change! God bless this man who is still thankful for his country !!!

ahsakinjones March 12 2014 at 12:43 AM

Thats why I looove Cy-Fair and living in Cypress. The best school district in TEXAS!!!!

frog3404 March 12 2014 at 12:37 AM

Allen....you are a TRUE inspiration to the American school system. There are some states, like mine, where you have been fired for doing what you did. Don't stop being a "HERO!"

Ruben March 12 2014 at 12:32 AM

I am glald he says our Pledge of Allegiance and prays...it is good to see and hear about an American who believes in our Country and sees to it that others are aware of it...even if it is a private moment...God bless him...

ohioh111b111y March 11 2014 at 5:10 PM

I love this: 'I'm so thankful for the day and the country that I'm in.'
The one trait I cannot and will not tolerate in my circle, is ungrateful people.
We have so much to be thankful for every day, every minute.

Great guy! Thanks for sharing.

gweiss9920 March 11 2014 at 5:11 PM

As a player & coach, my favorite part of opening a game was lining up and down the baselines. Hat on heart while the National Anthem played.......Goosebumps !!!