Oklahoma Man Got Stuck In Storm Drain After Chasing Bill

Oklahoma Man Stuck In Storm Drain After Chasing Bill

An Oklahoma man says he wound up stuck in a storm drain for two days because he was chasing after a $20 bill.

KSWO reports the unnamed man somehow fit his way into a storm drain trying to get the bill he dropped in the drain. When he wound up underground, he ended up getting lost in the city drain system.

ABC adds the man was between 12 to 15 feet underground in the drain - and it was only 42 inches in diameter. A group of high school students ended up calling 911 after hearing the man's cries for help from deep underground.

Police were able to get the man out of that drain and say he got a bump on his head while he was underground. They add the city drain system is so confusing, you'd need a map to get around it.

One police officer who responded to the scene said he had never seen anything like this in his nearly 30 years of work. Another responder said the man was confused and didn't have any idea what day it was when he was rescued. (Via The Huffington Post)

And unfortunately, after that long ordeal, the man was never able to find that lost $20 bill.

fmasone March 10 2014 at 9:33 AM

WOW $20 must have needed it badly

greenforus fmasone March 10 2014 at 10:18 AM

for some people $20 is something they can't afford to let go down the drain.

jmoore1248 March 10 2014 at 3:15 PM

I don't think risking my life for $20.00

crotalus jmoore1248 March 10 2014 at 4:31 PM

Well, look at it this way. Although he didn't get the $20 back, while he was down there, he saved on food, car travel, utilities and so forth. So, it was worth it. Right?

And who can put a price on that kind of experience?

fox12ga March 10 2014 at 4:01 PM

This is nothing some cities have whole neighborhoods in city drains I think NYC is one of them

steverotert March 10 2014 at 4:26 PM

Lucky for that guy that group of kids never read "It".

crotalus March 10 2014 at 4:28 PM

I can't resist:

An Agriculture Department worker is visiting a farm in western Oklahoma (or your state) to check on farming methods and assist the farmer in utilizing the latest farming techniques.

Mother nature eventually requires the Ag. worker to seek a toilet, and the farmer points him towards an outhouse. So, he goes to the outhouse and opens the door and discovers it is a "two-holer" and there is already someone sitting on one of the seats.

The field-hand in the outhouse tells him "come on in, I'm almost done". The Ag. worker really needs to go and he figures "while in Rome....". So, he enters, drops his trousers and sits.

The other man finishes up, and is pulling up his trousers when some change drops out of his pocket and falls through the hole and into the holding tank. The man looks down the hole into the holding tank, sighs and then takes out his wallet and tosses in a $20 bill.

The Ag. worker watches this and is astonished, so he asks the field hand why he tossed the $20 into the holding tank. The man replies "ain't no way I'm going in there for just twenty-five cents".

OK, I'm done.

kimcrdr crotalus March 10 2014 at 4:41 PM

LOL crotalus, that gave me a much needed chuckle for the day!!

shigesmokey12 crotalus March 11 2014 at 1:02 AM

LOL, heard that joke as a kid, but the dollar fell into the porcelain toilet.

robertapaley March 10 2014 at 3:14 PM

Much like chasing the government to recoup tax money

countryhrts March 10 2014 at 8:49 PM

I'll bet he felt drained after that ordeal

johnria countryhrts March 10 2014 at 11:13 PM

Clever.

abdul majid March 10 2014 at 8:58 PM

Money control people lives. You chase a dollar, and you will not let it get away. Hard times is one reason. Money is life. I am glad the guy was safe.

AMajid

onceachild March 10 2014 at 9:05 PM

I am glad he was rescued and is safe. Sir, if I lived near you I'd personally hand you a 20 dollar bill! NOT that I am rich by any means--but I DO know what it is like to struggle as well as to need (and stretch) every dollar! Shame on some of these commenters who inevitably have to bring in politics or else tell a joke at your expense.

What's Shakin T March 11 2014 at 12:49 AM

"Oklahoma Man Got Stuck In Storm Drain After Chasing Bill"

Can't say I can blame him---it's obama's economy

whdlsn What's Shakin T March 11 2014 at 1:15 AM

Yes, some of these people skewering this man likely have never been down to their last 20 dollars. If they had, perhaps they wouldn't be so quick to mock him.

Back to School Deal

A new item every day in August
Back to School deal