The star of this year's Dubai boat show

For Billionaires Only: Tour a $315 Million Yacht
At the Dubai Yacht show, this year's dream vessel is the modestly-named Nirvana.

The 289-foot megayacht is for sale for $315 million. All that dough buys you a helicopter deck (helicopter not included), a Jacuzzi (supermodels not included), a glass elevator and even a terrarium with chameleons and lizards that compliment the ship's tropical theme.

This 6-bedroom beauty is owned by Edmiston Yachts. Founder and chairman Nicholas Edmiston says the Nirvana is the ultimate super yacht.

'She's a fast boat for her size, go anywhere, you're one place one night, somewhere else for breakfast the next morning. The world literally is your oyster. And it's run so efficiently this is better than any boutique hotel and the difference is with a hotel you wake up in the morning and you see a fantastic view, here you wake up in the morning and you see a different fantastic view every morning.'

Edmiston believes she will sell quickly, possibly to someone from the UAE, Oman, Qatar or India.

Many yachts on display in Dubai aren't for sale, though. The Esmeralda and Quotrelle are owned by the United Arab Emirates royal family.

ubkwts March 09 2014 at 10:33 AM

He said "this is better than any boutique hotel and the difference is with a hotel you wake up in the morning and you see a fantastic view, here you wake up in the morning and you see a different fantastic view every morning.'

Well, we just got back from a 7 night cruise in the southern Caribbean and the statement above describes exactly what we experienced for under 4,000.00. Hey, I just saved over 300 million!!!!! While in St. Kitts, we saw a very similar yacht owned by Ron Perelman, the C2. I looked it up and the fuel capacity was 422,000 gallons meaning a fill up would cost about 3 million u.s. dollars!!!! Royal Caribbean still looking good to me!!!!!!! :)

fla337 March 09 2014 at 9:39 AM

I'll buy one with the ladies..........

spokajo March 09 2014 at 5:19 PM

Where do the oars go?

Bill spokajo March 09 2014 at 5:40 PM

They are on the dingy, that is on the yacht tender, that is in the aft hydraulic trunk, just behind the swim platform.

spike spokajo March 09 2014 at 6:38 PM

How many people does it take to run that ship.ten,twenty thirty? Be a pretty big payroll,maintenance, fuel.You take it.I don't want it.

RouteUS66Busload spike March 09 2014 at 7:06 PM

Reply to spike: Google it, mega yacht & super yacht's number of crews. You'll get your answers somewhere?

Flag +1 rate up
RouteUS66Busload spike March 09 2014 at 7:09 PM

Reply to spike; Article specifies; If you want to experience the super-exclusive, super-yacht lifestyle for a week, you can rent Nirvana for $1.2 million, including a crew of 27. It holds enough fuel to sail from Japan to San Francisco.

Flag +1 rate up
punnster March 09 2014 at 9:44 AM

Just the cost of maintaining it must be astronomical.

GreetingsMaster March 09 2014 at 4:20 PM

If I liquidated my entire net worth I could enjoy her for about 60 minutes. I guess I will keep my home instead.

ahmrhyde March 09 2014 at 2:46 PM

there are many homeless people who are happy the way they are because of the total dead weight ' normal ' life forces us to drag through our existence.

fppmedia March 09 2014 at 1:01 PM

I still can't get over the fact that all of those {Billion Dollar} hotels and luxury apartments in Dubai are all built on a big pile of sand. I feel the wealthy people who are actually stupid enough to give their money away like that should be "stupid enough" to buy a home floating on top of water.
I know that if you are wealthy, you are supposed to enjoy life to the fullest, and maybe even try and help a few folks here and there but to just throw that much money away suggests to me that nothing can make you happy once you can buy something like this, nothing will ever make you 100 percent happy.. You're spoiled beyond repair.
I mean, where do go or what can you do to top this? I don't know.. Maybe get invited to a Black-Tie Affair at God's House?
I feel so simple when I think that I would be happy with a pathetic $1 million.

eton1 March 09 2014 at 12:52 PM

Does it repel pirates?

Sandy eton1 March 09 2014 at 2:33 PM

LOL - there's probably some serious defense weapons on board........

Bill March 09 2014 at 5:33 PM

Where do I apply for a job on that baby. You get to live on it, see the world and after your shift you can enjoy some of the pleasantries. I'll work cheap.

Bill March 09 2014 at 5:50 PM

That thing is almost a long as a football field. Can you imagine?